When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I keep flip flopping over what will happen with music events- but when I see replies like this it makes me think people will freak out at the idea until younger people have had both, by which time summer is over...

I wouldn't be that stressed over random people tweets as a barometer if anything.

I think a few pilot events are acceptable, given mass events haven’t happened until then and we need to see what impact they have. But yeah, after a few, it’s pretty obvious and if they don’t have a negative affect, just reopen everything. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

An absolute piss take really if festivals after that date still have to keep cancelling 

I live near Silverstone so I look forward to the traffic in that area being a borderline traffic jam and all the helicopters flying overhead before/after as normal then. As opposed to their 2020 double header to empty stands.

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I think a few pilot events are acceptable, given mass events haven’t happened until then and we need to see what impact they have. But yeah, after a few, it’s pretty obvious and if they don’t have a negative affect, just reopen everything. 

It's the optics though isn't it, certain events such as F1 and football are allowed but other events are not. Events that involve the super rich and elite are getting the go ahead. It's more noteworthy than anything to get angry over though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It's the optics though isn't it, certain events such as F1 and football are allowed but other events are not. Events that involve the super rich and elite are getting the go ahead. It's more noteworthy than anything to get angry over though.

Which other events? There is a festival taking place right now. 

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I keep flip flopping over what will happen with music events- but when I see replies like this it makes me think people will freak out at the idea until younger people have had both, by which time summer is over...

Yes some people have been absolutely terrified by how this whole thing has been spun. They will be carrying it with them for a long time too.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

An absolute piss take really if festivals after that date still have to keep cancelling 

I think this is why Melvin is saying latitude is happening. The government can't afford all the law suits if they stop them post "terminus" day 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Havors said:

I think this is why Melvin is saying latitude is happening. The government can't afford all the law suits if they stop them post "terminus" day 🤷‍♂️

The thing is. Melvin can say what he likes, but doesn’t actually make the decision. The government could easily string it along until early July before telling them they have to pull the plug.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

The thing is. Melvin can say what he likes, but doesn’t actually make the decision. The government could easily string it along until early July before telling them they have to pull the plug.

Youre missing the point. That's what he said.... you should read the press release. 

Hence I said he's calling their bluff. If they stop him they are getting sued and in all honesty will lose in a civil court. 

24 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Nobody can get first jabs in Melbourne any more, because of supply issues. Australia have totally fucked up the vaccine rollout. Thankfully my second jab is already booked for July 8th. 

Gutting 🙁 Hope it gets sorted out before too long. 

ETA: for everyone who still needs a first jab I mean!

Edited by jimmillen
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Havors said:

We've just decided that if Latitude is deemed a test event but y not gets cancelled due to lack of insurance we're just going to do it and take the 6 hour journey. Perks of self employment. All we want is one camping festival to lose ourselves to be honest. No other expectations for 2021 beyond this 

We just want the chance to do the thing we love more than anything else in the world once this year for the first time in 2 years 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

It’s been flat last couple of days. Going to need a slowing of increase next week. Hoping the mass vaccine events this weekend will start to tell too.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully hospitalisations go right down, and even of cases keep rising, the govt grows a spine and let us have our freedom back