When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

If it takes that long there'll be loads more lost livelihoods and they won't reopen anything in autumn. Got to strike a balance and I'm not sure that's it

Hospitality is not making money

The economy is sort of in an eye of the storm at the moment with government support propping up ‘zombie’ companies. Yeah of course full capacity would help but the real cut off is when the government support ends.

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

No masks at the beginning of the week and 50 % now … you’ve done a good job 😂

Lol  well Monday is a change over day so new families arrive.  Also you have to pre book to get into the club you can't just turn up so different families ever night.  Tonight was around 50 % which is probably the best night but it's defo been better towards the end of the holiday than the start.

Edited by Barry Fish

7 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I know it's probably controversial but Iam happy for things to stay as they are for however long it takes to get everyone double jabbed. I can do everything I need to do but understand others would like to do more .

That's never going to happen. Some people will always decline, many have natural immunity and don't need it and some just don't want to take the risk.

I'm having a totally different read on this "headache" thing. It's not a headache rather than needing to go ona be ventilator and nearly dying. It's a headache instead of a persistent cough, raised temperature + loss of smell. It's nothing to do with severity, it's just how it most commonly presents now.

If you get seriously ill, you'll have other symptoms. Remember, most cases have always been mild. The fact that a headache is now the most common symptom says nothing about the overall severity.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm having a totally different read on this "headache" thing. It's not a headache rather than needing to go ona be ventilator and nearly dying. It's a headache instead of a persistent cough, raised temperature + loss of smell. It's nothing to do with severity, it's just how it most commonly presents now.

If you get seriously ill, you'll have other symptoms. Remember, most cases have always been mild. The fact that a headache is now the most common symptom says nothing about the overall severity.

I have two kids and a wife.  I constantly have a headache.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It’s also only saying to get tested if you have a headache/sore throat which considering we want to open up more makes sense to test for any slight sign of the virus. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

But headache wont immediately suggest lung/breathing issues in a way a cough does which is the nub of hospital admission 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah that’s how I took it. They’re not saying “the Indian variant is just a headache” but just saying that getting a headache can be a warning sign that you have the virus much like loss of taste with the original variant and shortness of breath with the Kent variant. 

From speaking to friends who tested positive in both the first and second wave, there are all kinds of random symptoms that you can get outwith the major ones. I know of a couple of people who were coughing up phlegm and had the shits. Most others had a drier cough and lost their sense of taste and smell. The latter in particular tended to hang around for a few weeks/months. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

From speaking to friends who tested positive in both the first and second wave, there are all kinds of random symptoms that you can get outwith the major ones. I know of a couple of people who were coughing up phlegm and had the shits. Most others had a drier cough and lost their sense of taste and smell. The latter in particular tended to hang around for a few weeks/months. 

Everyone I knew had muscle aches, none of them had a cough. My girlfriend lost her taste but not smell, my brother had nothing. Mad. 

4 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Everyone I knew had muscle aches, none of them had a cough. My girlfriend lost her taste but not smell, my brother had nothing. Mad. 

Also I should point out that I probably know 12-15 people who’ve had it in their late twenties or early thirties, and every single one of then compared it to a big standard flu or tonsillitis. I know a couple of people in their 50’s who were borderline for being admitted to hospital but managed to tough it out at home.

Feels like 40-something is the tipping point for when it actually gets serious.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Also I should point out that I probably know 12-15 people who’ve had it in their late twenties or early thirties, and every single one of then compared it to a big standard flu or tonsillitis. I know a couple of people in their 50’s who were borderline for being admitted to hospital but managed to tough it out at home.

Feels like 40-something is the tipping point for when it actually gets serious.

All of my friendship group, including my brother who I live with, except me had it - 8/9 26 year olds. In hindsight I’d be very surprised if I didn’t have it asymptomatically as I was with them a day before they all started feeling a bit dodgy and then tested positive. My mum also had it - she is 54, and she was only experiencing muscle fatigue etc. thankfully, even though she is quite a heavy smoker. 

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

I has Covid in December and my smell and taste still aren’t right.  Anyone else has that?

I had it in January and only lost both of those for a few days.

Possibly not covid related but since I’ve had it I’ve grown a massive dislike of roast dinners and gravy 😂

Gutting as I used to love both!

Don't trust the experts and govt. Constantly moving the goalposts. However if its a time limited extension by 2 weeks or so, that'll probably be OK. Not 'an extension and then we will let you know'. Either it's to get more vaccinations done or it isn't 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Don't trust the experts and govt. Constantly moving the goalposts. However if its a time limited extension by 2 weeks or so, that'll probably be OK. Not 'an extension and then we will let you know'. Either it's to get more vaccinations done or it isn't 

That's my fear.  The talk is 4 weeks to look at the data which is about as long and as open ended as can be.  Its bollocks at this stage for us to extend on such vague terms and for four weeks when businesses are in so much trouble.