When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, Havors said:

That's irrelevant really when you have half the population regularly PCR tested, double jabbed and they cant even go to a supermarket without a mask. Its rubbing it in peoples faces that its one rule for the rich and one rules for everyone else. 

They have can have the semis and finals, couldnt care less. 

Very much in agreement there. Add to that people can't go to see loved ones abroad, events are dropping even for after restrictions are supposedly lifted. Wimbledon getting full crowds as a "test event" with no indication when others may be able to take place. 

Its showing us the rules apply to us and not to them or anything that either makes them look good or that their circles enjoy

Wembley and the euros might have exemptions, but will the terraces of lower league grounds be full come early-mid August? I think we can all guess the answer to that...

And come on Scotland 😂

Just now, zahidf said:

That's.... a big drop for how transmissible Delta is...

Freedom day delay seems even more of a mistake

New figures have come out for hospitals and deaths from Delta variant. To be honest the numbers do make a good argument for a delay to get more vaccinated. Just pure choice of what you are willing to accept for hospital and deaths... i dont think we are ever going to get to a point were we are overwhelmed either way. 

Of the 806 hospitalisations:

• 527 (65%) people were unvaccinated
  • 135 (17%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine
  • 84 (10%) were more than 14 days after their second dose.

As of 14 June, there have been 73 deaths in England of people who were confirmed as having the Delta variant and who died within 28 days of a positive test.

Of the 73 deaths:

• 34 (47%) were unvaccinated
  • 10 (14%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine
  • 26 (36%) were more than 14 days after their second dose.

1 minute ago, Havors said:

New figures have come out for hospitals and deaths from Delta variant. To be honest the numbers do make a good argument for a delay to get more vaccinated. Just pure choice of what you are willing to accept for hospital and deaths... i dont think we are ever going to get to a point were we are overwhelmed either way. 

As of 14 June, there have been 73 deaths in England of people who were confirmed as having the Delta variant and who died within 28 days of a positive test.

Of the 73 deaths:

Would be interesting to see some age numbers on those vaccinated figures. I assume they aren't available anywhere 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Would be interesting to see some age numbers on those vaccinated figures. I assume they aren't available anywhere 

The data will be somewhere yes. Be damned if im searching for it haha! 

I hazard a guess the majority of people dying are still going to be 60+

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

Of the 73 deaths:

“Of the 806 hospitalisations:

527 (65%) people were unvaccinated”

That’s a very large and damning percentage. Assuming the majority of these will be those in priority groups 1-9 who have refused the jab (for whatever reason), rather than the younger ones who haven’t been offered it yet. In which case, are these the ‘selfish’ people the rest of have to ‘blame’ for the push back of the full reopening?

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

“Of the 806 hospitalisations:

527 (65%) people were unvaccinated”

That’s a very large and damning percentage. Assuming the majority of these will be those in priority groups 1-9 who have refused the jab (for whatever reason), rather than the younger ones who haven’t been offered it yet. In which case, are these the ‘selfish’ people the rest of have to ‘blame’ for the push back of the full reopening?

It is a very striking amount yeah. It wouldn't be an unfair assumption a lot of it it is those who have refused. Whether they were in the 1-9 group im not sure its more likely to be age if I hazard a guess, as I think the coverage and take up of the vulnerable groups was massive?

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

It is a very striking amount yeah. It wouldn't be an unfair assumption a lot of it it is those who have refused. Whether they were in the 1-9 group im not sure its more likely to be age if I hazard a guess, as I think the coverage and take up of the vulnerable groups was massive?

JCVI 1-9 groups was 50+ and underlying health conditions wasn’t it? I would expect the vast majority of those 527 people to be in that category, rather than a lot of under 50s with no health conditions being admitted, which would be of a greater concern. 

Edited by st dan
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I agree, why doesn’t he just say yes he thinks Hancock is good at his job, I presume he’s told a lie before?

Yeah but you don't want to be on camera saying you have every faith in the competency of someone who later gets found criminally negligent by the enquiry.

17 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Full report. Not sure why the previous link was removed!

Interesting! 

I couldn't agree more with his last tweet - the work that's being done by PHE and other researchers is incredible.

I actually think in retrospect the UK's capacity for sequencing & genotyping is going to be one of the few success stories from this whole thing, alongside the vaccine rollout. To be sequencing/genotyping ~80% of cases is pretty astonishing.

Now, if only we can stop letting variants in to the country, that would be great...

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Freedom day delay seems even more of a mistake

What is?  

EDIT: I'm wondering if there's an issue with displaying embedded content.  I thought you were replying to another post, because all I can see of your post was "

Freedom day delay seems even more of a mistake"

Did you link to a post/tweet below?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's getting really tricky to look at those numbers and make much sense of them given where we are in the vaccination programme.  Not only because of the ages, but because of the distribution of vaccines in the population.  There will hopefully come a point where we've vaccinated so many people that we would expect >50% of infections to be with fully vaccinated people, because most people will be. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What is?  

EDIT: I'm wondering if there's an issue with displaying embedded content.  I thought you were replying to another post, because all I can see of your post was "

Freedom day delay seems even more of a mistake"

Did you link to a post/tweet below?

Embedded content has been intermittently not showing up for me too. I've also found clicking on the "show new posts" pop up doesn't always display everything and some posts seem to be out of order... Refreshing the page usually sorts it.

I was wondering if the sheer length of this bloody thread is starting to cause glitches! 

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Her tweet starting 'A couple of other points to note' then goes on to say SAR estimates of 43% and 42% and then 55% for non-household contacts - both of those 40s were in the 60s in last week's PHE report I believe