When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Copperface said:

You can throw your strawman all you want. I never said it doesnt happen... I said its a bit cynical to start assuming everything is code. If multigenerational house hold is code and we shouldnt use it... what should we say? 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

You can throw your strawman all you want. I never said it doesnt happen... I said its a bit cynical to start assuming everything is code. If multigenerational house hold is code and we shouldnt use it... what should we say? 

Going irrelevantly way off tangent here.

My original point is that certain parties will use vaccine hesitancy amongst ethnic minorities as part of the culture war, and that phrase was part of that.

I'm pointing it out not endorsing it.

Yeah that's looking awful on Hancock, but also on Boris?! How can you call the HEALTH SECRETARY "fucking hopeless" at the start of the pandemic and he still have that job over a year later? Boris looks just as incompetent for not sacking him 14 months ago.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yeah that's looking awful on Hancock, but also on Boris?! How can you call the HEALTH SECRETARY "fucking hopeless" at the start of the pandemic and he still have that job over a year later? Boris looks just as incompetent for not sacking him 14 months ago.

Because he was always going to be the scapegoat. Keep him close and feed him to the wolves when they need to. 

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

Because he was always going to be the scapegoat. Keep him close and feed him to the wolves when they need to. 

Yeah I totally get that, but when the evidence comes out proving you knew he was useless but kept him as the fall guy, during a global pandemic, arguably that looks worse on Johnson. 

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Going irrelevantly way off tangent here.

My original point is that certain parties will use vaccine hesitancy amongst ethnic minorities as part of the culture war, and that phrase was part of that.

I'm pointing it out not endorsing it.

Yeah and I agree the hesitancy etc will be used to forward the culture war. 

I was just saying we cant keep being cynical about every term thats used.. that just gives them more ammunition for the culture war. As long as its accurate, descriptive and not derogatory there needs to be a line drawn. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is it too late for Starmer to go in on Boris about this during PMQs in a few mins?

Cummings isnt stupid.... hes dropped it just before PMQs with enough time for it to filter through to Boris and put the shits up him. 

Shame it wasnt last night so Starmer could use it ha

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah I totally get that, but when the evidence comes out proving you knew he was useless but kept him as the fall guy, during a global pandemic, arguably that looks worse on Johnson. 

Yes it very much damaging Boris as well... but we know he is Teflon don, water off a ducks back to him. 

Just now, Havors said:

Yeah and I agree the hesitancy etc will be used to forward the culture war. 

I was just saying we cant keep being cynical about every term thats used.. that just gives them more ammunition for the culture war. As long as its accurate, descriptive and not derogatory there needs to be a line drawn. 

I didn't say or suggest that at all. I said that that term is used in that way by 'certain people', not all. Which is correct.

I can't change that.

Whether it's intentional or not,  Cummings is also prejudicing any future criminal proceedings and a lot of these dumps are likely to be ruled inadmissible if there is any criminal trial. Some also applies to any statutory inquiry.

Edited by Copperface

2 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Whether it's intentional or not,  Cummings is also prejudicing any future criminal proceedings and a lot of these dumps are likely to be ruled inadmissible if there is any criminal trial. Some also applies to any statutory enquiry.

Intentional for sure. Stops him being implicated, he knows that any inquiry or proceedings will be whitewashed so its kind of both sides I think- bringing down certain people in the only way realistically possible - politically- while protecting himself. Criminal proceedings against people who were in office just won't happen

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Is it legal to release screenshots of messages with the prime minister on what is supposed to be an end-to-end encrypted service? 

They shouldn't be using WhatsApp at all. All Comms regarding policy are supposed to be archived and auditable.

Edited by Copperface

2 hours ago, incident said:

Twitter is not a conversation. By definition it's a series of statements that stand alone.

That's why providing context within those statements should be a minimum expectation / responsibility.

So he needs to preface every tweet with the background on how he came to that conclusion to pander to those not paying attention? Its most definitely a conversation, that's why you follow someone.

Take the L and move on.

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I can't find an article yet but on the radio news bulletin at 12 there was a bit that said experts have recommended to ministers that social distancing has to stay and that vaccines are only part of the solution...

Hopefully the ministers out that advice in the bin were it belongs, espeically as we would be the ONLY country doing that going forwards