When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

If you are still struggling with mental health issues now, with the way current restrictions are - I would suggest speaking to a professional is more beneficial.

The lifting of the final few restrictions will not help significantly.

^^^ Only has 5 mates type post. 

40 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Cancelled mine this morning and got an appointment three weeks earlier than before - I'm 29! 

Well that’s put the cat amongst the pigeons! Did you go the online National booking route for your 1st?

Edit: Bit the bullet and it worked, 3 weeks earlier booked in. Cheers all 🙏

Edited by Radiochicken

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

At what point then does someone become "fair game" to be criticised or supported in your eyes ? 

So someone creates an organisation to lobby government and starts putting into the public domain concepts and ideas that would have far reaching consequences if implemented (or ignored).  

Is that not good enough ? 

Respectful discussion would be the phrase I’d prefer … I quoted the post you used and later edited so apologies for that … the line is very fine … no issues with challenging people 

Just now, Barry Fish said:

So in summary I shouldn't take issue with her stance on things I disagree with ? 

Criticise her stance all you like. Preferably addressing her points and using data and references to support your position.

It's things like calling her a cow, saying she's stupid, "I hate her so much", speculating on her wild camping toilet habits and the like that are the problem.

Not saying you in particular have said all those things, but they've certainly been said in this thread.

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Did Boris announcement yesterday mean many more doses in arms ? Or just some shifted about ? I lost what was going on tbh … trying to multitask 

Should take it up to 76% double dosed by 19 July. 

Which is around the levelthey were hinting at since autumn. So no surprise. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57472604

Edited by Copperface

13 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Of course they are, I'm just saying the final few restrictions on my day to day life are not impacting my mental health at the moment and if they are then I would suggest speaking to someone.

I think this emphasises what that Frank Turner post was saying yesterday, just because current restrictions don't impact one persons life, they're still taking a big toll on other individuals, and it's worth being mindful of.

Happy for people who's lives are near enough back to how they were, for many it's still far far from it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I did say I hoped it rained when she was setting up her tent.

Its funny though - if I had said it about Boris or Cummings no one would of cared.  

Its funny who we think is fair game and who is not.

It's very very easy to forgive abuse when your biases and opinions agree more with the abuser than the abused, and even more so when you're behind a screen.  

7 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Criticise her stance all you like. Preferably addressing her points and using data and references to support your position.

It's things like calling her a cow, saying she's stupid, "I hate her so much", speculating on her wild camping toilet habits and the like that are the problem.

Not saying you in particular have said all those things, but they've certainly been said in this thread.

This. Much of the vitriol against her here has reduced to petty insults, to the point it’s actually a bit odd how a handful of posters are so fixated with her. The unfortunate thing is, that level of discourse means people who I’m sure are perfectly decent often come across like juvenile c**ts. 

1 minute ago, Gacheezbo said:

I think this emphasises what that Frank Turner post was saying yesterday, just because current restrictions don't impact one persons life, they're still taking a big toll on other individuals, and it's worth being mindful of.

Happy for people who's lives are near enough back to how they were, for many it's still far far from it. 

Note that I said "if they were" I would consider speaking to someone. Which I reccomended the poster do.

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Has this thread entirely dissolved into Trolling and Sock Puppets now?

There's still some good info about vaccinations and suchlike being shared, but the signal to noise ratio is pretty depressing.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

This. Much of the vitriol against her here has reduced to petty insults, to the point it’s actually a bit odd how a handful of posters are so fixated with her. The unfortunate thing is, that level of discourse means people who I’m sure are perfectly decent often come across like juvenile c**ts. 

This guy never sees the irony of his posts. 

20 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Should take it up to 76% double dosed by 19 July. 

Which is around the levelthey were hinting at since autumn. So no surprise. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57472604

They’ve strangely reduced the target for 19th July, as in they will be jabbing less people than they currently are. Maybe there’s further supply issues coming up?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

They’ve strangely reduced the target for 19th July, as in they will be jabbing less people than they currently are. Maybe there’s further supply issues coming up?

More likely they like round, easy to announce numbers, and also like being able to beat the target by a couple weeks.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

More likely they like round, easy to announce numbers, and also like being able to beat the target by a couple weeks.

But Matt Hancock told us it was best to set stretching targets when in government 😂

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Exactly people don't like Pagel being called out because she supports their narrative.  They are very happy to lay into people they don't agree with.

I don't like to see anyone abused, or personally attacked, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. 

I'll be the first to admit I haven't always lived up to that principle, but I do my best.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Exactly people don't like Pagel being called out because she supports their narrative.  They are very happy to lay into people they don't agree with.

Describing somebody as a “cow” (among many of your other posts on that level) isn’t ‘calling someone out’. At least stand by what you’ve posted instead of dressing it up as some kind of legitimate criticism or analysis.