Jump to content
Chrisp1986

When will this shit end?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone talking about Cummings anymore? They managed to ride it out, wait till it all blows over...because it always does. Like the proroguing parliament thing...outrage everywhere, court cases, the lot...but eventually forgotten about, and infact in the end proved successful. Classic fuckin Dom.

When you are totally without scruples then it’s relatively easy to ride your way through a crisis no matter what others think or what proof of wrong doing exists. Just make a statement. Let everyone let off steam and carry on.  It’s disgusting .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope your family are okay!! Crazyfool1 the whole testing thing I don’t have much faith in! My mum went into hospital had her test and results back within 24hrs! Superb service from our local hospital! 
on the other hand another friend sent his off a month ago and has not had the results! He is a frontline emergency worker! 
Who knows what they are doing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zahidf said:

No new spain deaths today 

Yeah good news for them. My Facebook feed is full of people tagging each other talking about booking holidays soon. As if Spain is going to be letting us Brits anywhere near their country now they have the virus under control. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see how it will go with Cummings, nearer the next election Labour will try and use it and they’ll just say they did what they had to do in a pandemic, and try and turn it round in Labour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

No new spain deaths today 

I think it’s to do with how they’re reporting figures, I have to admit when I was trying to understand it it was complicated, but their reporting was all over the shop. They’ve only just caught up and now they’re trying to correct the timeline, the other day they took 2000 deaths out of the figures and added them earlier in in the timeline.

Basically either their timeline was always wrong and had just shifted further back in time, or their is a lag in their deaths but they are waiting until they have accurate data to assign them to the correct dates they actually happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Further to my above post, don’t take Spain’s zero deaths as truth:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/spain-counts-no-new-deaths-71-more-infections/1861170

Edit: Reading the article the situation seems to be far more concerning and shambolic than here

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Hope your family are okay!! Crazyfool1 the whole testing thing I don’t have much faith in! My mum went into hospital had her test and results back within 24hrs! Superb service from our local hospital! 
on the other hand another friend sent his off a month ago and has not had the results! He is a frontline emergency worker! 
Who knows what they are doing? 

so far so good ... persistent cough  for about a week for 3 year old niece , 9 year old nephew , and late 30s sis in law ... bit concerned over the weekend but thats been eased after chat with my brother today .... it was delivered by amazon and results should be back in 48 hours and hopefully the speed has improved not that the accuracy has 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone talking about Cummings anymore? They managed to ride it out, wait till it all blows over...because it always does. Like the proroguing parliament thing...outrage everywhere, court cases, the lot...but eventually forgotten about, and infact in the end proved successful. Classic fuckin Dom.

Just wait for PMQs on Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Just wait for PMQs on Wednesday.

"It is completely improper to politicise the crisis. We need to all pull together to send this virus packing"

**wheeyyyyyyyyyyyyy** from the baying crowds. 

Starmer makes a good, intelligent point ripping the Tories argument apart 

*shouting, boooooooo and/or laughing*

Business as usual....followed by huge numbers of MPs going down with the virus in a couple of weeks....

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

"It is completely improper to politicise the crisis. We need to all pull together to send this virus packing"

**wheeyyyyyyyyyyyyy** from the baying crowds. 

Starmer makes a good, intelligent point ripping the Tories argument apart 

*shouting, boooooooo and/or laughing*

Business as usual....followed by huge numbers of MPs going down with the virus in a couple of weeks....

Then Starmer waits for them to calm down and meticulously tears into them using facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Then Starmer waits for them to calm down and meticulously tears into them using facts. 

Then the tories will find a picture of him putting milk in before the hot water while making a cup of tea and ruin his reputation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

"It is completely improper to politicise the crisis. We need to all pull together to send this virus packing"

**wheeyyyyyyyyyyyyy** from the baying crowds. 

Starmer makes a good, intelligent point ripping the Tories argument apart 

*shouting, boooooooo and/or laughing*

Business as usual....followed by huge numbers of MPs going down with the virus in a couple of weeks....

yeah, be interesting how dynamic changes with more people back in parliament...but still won't be rammed as they have to keep 2m apart, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Then the tories will find a picture of him putting milk in before the hot water while making a cup of tea and ruin his reputation. 

Starmer has the worlds best hair, he's impervious to these tactics with hair that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, be interesting how dynamic changes with more people back in parliament...but still won't be rammed as they have to keep 2m apart, right?

JRM has today tabled a portion to scrap virtual voting, if approved tomorrow MPs may have to form long queues in order to obey social distancing rules when voting - despite the Lords planning a move online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

JRM has today tabled a portion to scrap virtual voting, if approved tomorrow MPs may have to form long queues in order to obey social distancing rules when voting - despite the Lords planning a move online.

But doesnt that require them all to be in the chamber for the debates? Has he calculated that more Labour MPs are older and at risk or something? Or does their huge majority mean they get a bigger percentage allowed in?

Edited by efcfanwirral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Do we have any economists amongst us?

I'm curious as to why we are going to be in such dire straits post this.

I've found myself with more money in my pocket even though I'm furloughed due to not physically being able to go out and spend it. I'd have thought this would be the case for lots of others too?

Given this surely people will have more money to splurge once this is over with and in turn kick start the economy again.

I'm not an economist but I work in finance for a bank so I have some insight.

There are a few major concerns one being that with jobs for many being in an uncertain position many people won't be spending what money they have in case they find themselves jobless in a few months times. There's also the issue of people being less confident in going out in shops with the virus still around. Another aspect is that whilst businesses can tick along currently being closed with the furlough scheme, when they start to reopen the support from the government will eventually stop. Consumer spend will be down as stated thus meaning these businesses would be taking in less revenue and with the government support no longer there will have to make people redundant. It goes round in a circle one causing parts of the other. The country needs spending to generate investment, which is partly austerity was a completely unnecessary political tool to use a decade ago and now we really need the government to keep on spending/investing to generate jobs which will get us through to the other side.

 

Whilst it's not now that we would see economic difficulties its later on when we started to reopen differing aspects of the economy and society. 

 

I think it's been mentioned but the government are funding the current support through borrowing from the BoE which is at or near 0% interest. One way of dealing with the economic fallout would be to push repayment of that debt back years till we see strong metrics then start to repayment it via instalments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, efcfanwirral said:

But doesnt that require them all to be in the chamber for the debates? 

Yes it does, that's how the government want to get MPs back. Some won't be able to due to shielding which is an issue along with the fact that under the above idea MPs would be queuing for miles. It's possible the government will lose that motion tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

JRM has today tabled a portion to scrap virtual voting, if approved tomorrow MPs may have to form long queues in order to obey social distancing rules when voting - despite the Lords planning a move online.

Nothing to do with the fact that the tories are likely to lose any votes due to their severe unpopularity within the house. 
 

Or is it just too modern for his Victorian mind. Would he be happier if they used messenger boys or maybe even carrier pigeon instead?

Edited by squirrelarmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nothing to do with the fact that the tories are likely to lose any votes due to their severe unpopularity within the house. 
 

Or is it just too modern for his Victorian mind. Would he be happier if they used messenger boys or maybe even carrier pigeon instead?

The Tories will still win key votes in the house, they have a majority of 80. It's probably more to do with Boris struggling at PMQs and the other aspect you mention.

 

Interestingly The Lords is developing a new secure online voting system for peers which is expected to be ready by the middle of the month. The Lords are even modernising!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Nothing to do with the fact that the tories are likely to lose any votes due to their severe unpopularity within the house. 
 

Or is it just too modern for his Victorian mind. Would he be happier if they used messenger boys or maybe even carrier pigeon instead?

I'm not sure on reasoning...maybe it's because the whips can't bully MPs in the corridors, or maybe it's because they want to send a message to the country to get back to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

So total deaths yesterday was 38,161 with an additional 113 deaths today that total should be 38,274, not 215 higher like they are saying now. Where have these 215 additional deaths come from, bearing in mind that it should cover all time periods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm not sure on reasoning...maybe it's because the whips can't bully MPs in the corridors, or maybe it's because they want to send a message to the country to get back to work.

Old Rees-Mogg keeps saying it’s to set an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Old Rees-Mogg keeps saying it’s to set an example.

It’s because Boris has been struggling at PMQs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...