Chrisp1986

When will this shit end?

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

It’s about time they stopped selling these legally online - surely nobody is buying them for the intention they were made for (aren’t they used for whipping cream?!)

Wife drove up to London fields in hackney on Saturday to meet a friend for her birthday. Said there was nitrous going off left, right and centre. Also a big screen telling people to ‘stay alert’ (it wasn’t working). 

BD331185-2D60-44A3-AE14-54E8685B4031.jpeg

Frustrates me how this government thinks it can lie, deflect and bore the electorate into submission and that finally people will just forget the big scandal and move on.

I've just done a search for news and not a single outlet is still reporting on Gove getting caught out knocking one out on Friday night.

"2. The government (i.e. all of us) may have to borrow £300 billion for all of this (£300,000,000,000). We have to pay that back, sometime. All extra to what was budgeted for not so long ago. That's I think around £9,000 per taxpayer. Inevitably that's either austerity (Unlikely), a booming economy (Unlikely) or extra taxes. If we can all splugre as well as pay off an average of £9,000 each we're OK. Or we can leave the debt to our children."

We actually don't need to pay this off. Just add it to our long term debt. Govts can print money.

If someone says we need to pay it off they are lying. In fact the absolute worst thing for the economy would be to start paying this off now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Frustrates me how this government thinks it can lie, deflect and bore the electorate into submission and that finally people will just forget the big scandal and move on.

I've just done a search for news and not a single outlet is still reporting on Gove getting caught out knocking one out on Friday night.

I think the biggest scandal is that they appear to be doing this with the virus - i think they want people to just throw their hands up and say they'll take their chances if they're only allowed to do the things they want. And it seems to be working

45 minutes ago, Homer said:

This has to be the ultimate example of selfishness. Unbelievable interview with this paddleboarder on the BBC earlier who saved a couple of the tombstoners from drowning. He almost drowned getting the last one off the seabed (he thought it was a corpse) and seemed pretty traumatised. The ones who got in trouble actually dived in side on, thinking the water would be soft (imagine doing a bellyflop from that height!). He said, despite all this, people carried on tombstoning the next day.

https://newsnetdaily.com/durdle-door-tombstoner-rescuer-feared-he-would-drown/

I find this utterly mind boggling, surely you don’t jump from that height unless you’ve proper experience of something similar? Say at the very least from 50ft or 100ft?

Who makes a 200ft jump without really knowing what it’s like based purely on assumptions about what it might be like? 

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I find this utterly mind boggling, surely you don’t jump from that height unless you’ve proper experience of something similar? Say at the very least from 50ft or 100ft?

Who makes a 200ft jump without really knowing what it’s like based purely on assumptions about what it might be like? 

Or when other people have just been hospitalised doing the same thing? He said they din't really know what they were doing. He suggested that you should wear a wetsuit (to counter the cold shock) and that one of them kicked his flip flops off just before he jumped.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

Or when other people have just been hospitalised doing the same thing? He said they din't really know what they were doing. He suggested that you should wear a wetsuit (to counter the cold shock) and that one of them kicked his flip flops off just before he jumped.

Absolute madness, can’t get my head round it. I can only assume they’ve got the same neurological make up as those people’s that hang off the top of skyscrapers with one hand. 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Do we have any economists amongst us?

I'm curious as to why we are going to be in such dire straits post this.

I've found myself with more money in my pocket even though I'm furloughed due to not physically being able to go out and spend it. I'd have thought this would be the case for lots of others too?

Given this surely people will have more money to splurge once this is over with and in turn kick start the economy again.

What I will say is im 24 and have friends ranging from 19 - 26ish, We have all mostly been hit quite bad by this. I'm furloughed by the 80 percents of an average wage is hard to live by as I was just copping before, friends and I have had to pay less rent, borrow money from family. So will be worse off and paying back extra debt after this is over and as some have said certain sectors including supermarkets will cut hours after the lockdown is lifted because of lower business/ hiring extra people for lockdown. 

Also some friends have received no support except for ubi, which doesn't cover much. Some friends will have to pay uni fees and rent, because none of that was paused despite this students losing part time jobs and people who would have gone home to parents couldn't because they were paying the room anyway. 

Most people I know dont have savings, Low income jobs don't allow for it and those who did, Savings has largely been depleted due to the virus, - I thought i'd have more money due to not paying for transport to work, but the 20 percent less pay and spending money on trying to find things to do in lockdown. 

the worst case of my friends is a self employed housemate who used to make to the highest income in our house, but was just of doing his first tax in october despite working for nearly a year and got now help from the government and then will stil have to save to pay those taxes despite depleted his savings during lockdown  

a lot of people are gonna be hit harder than this as well. 

That being said I think the economy will bounce back once hospitality is open especially when we have a vaccine, just might be a little late for some. 

128,437 tests carried out on the last day of May, therefore they have failed to reach their 200k target.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just the government reps today ... 

I wonder if they won't ket the scientists on anymore or they refuse to go on because of disagreements.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I wonder if they won't ket the scientists on anymore or they refuse to go on because of disagreements.

Or they begin to start winding them down too ... every other day ... scientists on Ket ? Think they might need to be :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

had enough of experts

Just now, Homer said:

Does this all mean that the app is available now then?

end of a month .... not sure which month though ...

i will let you know if my sister in law gets contact traced ( if her test comes back positive ) 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i will let you know if my sister in law gets contact traced ( if her test comes back positive ) 

I hope she's ok mate.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I hope she's ok mate.

she and niece and nephew have developed a persistent cough ... they are all ok at present and isolating along with brother ... think its likely to be it .. but the positive test might not happen because of timing ... 

Anyone talking about Cummings anymore? They managed to ride it out, wait till it all blows over...because it always does. Like the proroguing parliament thing...outrage everywhere, court cases, the lot...but eventually forgotten about, and infact in the end proved successful. Classic fuckin Dom.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone talking about Cummings anymore? They managed to ride it out, wait till it all blows over...because it always does. Like the proroguing parliament thing...outrage everywhere, court cases, the lot...but eventually forgotten about, and infact in the end proved successful. Classic fuckin Dom.

forgotten about for now ... not sure its forever though .... 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I'm sure labour will use it at every opportunity from now on.