When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

35 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Which i totally agree with but- and we will all have our different points where  this is acceptable - i hope in 5 years or even a year it isn't a constant - ohh stay aware - headlines. We arent there yet. 

I was also trying to point out some people arw so focused on covid they forget theres a million other ways to die. So at some point it neezsto become a - 'yep i am aware of it therefore i will do this 'almost on a sub conscious level. 

Not many drink/drug drive. Not many share needles etc. 

It will settle down.

I remember the Aids panic. 

It changes peopls but it does become a thing not THE thing 

Yeah, fair enough - can’t argue with that 😉

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Starting to get a bit more pessimistic on the June 21st full release from restrictions due to this Indian variant.

we have until the 14th June  for cases to drop or level off id say ... so a crucial few weeks .....also bare in mind we have some sunshine now so more outdoors stuff might help .....

I think the best answer to get us out of full restrictions quicker could be to put the brakes on now for a couple of weeks. Obviously financially help the businesses but go back to outdoors, just for 2-3 weeks. It might be over cautious but equally it might just get us over the line. Don't wait for the hospitals to fill up (if it's going to happen) and have to lock down for the whole summer. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think the best answer to get us out of full restrictions quicker could be to put the brakes on now for a couple of weeks. Obviously financially help the businesses but go back to outdoors, just for 2-3 weeks. It might be over cautious but equally it might just get us over the line. Don't wait for the hospitals to fill up (if it's going to happen) and have to lock down for the whole summer. 

Maybe, but isn't going to happen. I expect the policy at moment is vaccinate like fuck and hope for the best.

16 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

She may be right...

For once I agree with Pagel

This is either a problem or not...   A few weeks ago we expected a uptick in cases now its reason not to unlock...

FFS im pissed off and depressed... 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

One thing we have surely learnt - if you need to break - do it now! 

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

no more opening at the next stage ? or roll back 1 stage ? doesnt Israel ( vaccines ) give us hope ?

Edited by crazyfool1

49 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

One thing we have surely learnt - if you need to break - do it now! 

45 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

no more opening at the next stage ? or roll back 1 stage ? doesnt Israel ( vaccines ) give us hope ?

I think we're just in gambling territory now. While it probably won't be an issue, if it is 2021 is over if we let the hospitals fill up. Caution now for reward later 

Edited by efcfanwirral