When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That will be an incredible achievement, Wales have done do well to get this close to fully vaccinating everyone. 

It is but the other nations will be on the same timetable i reckon. End of August is announced but mid August it will happen is my prediction. School children offered the jab after summer holidays

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

True to form she was just fishing for a reaction 

Lmao of course she’s a wild camping type.

What an utter weirdo of a human being. Travelling to Scotland DURING A PANDEMIC!!! when urging a zero covid approach. Hypocrite of the year. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Newsnight is where it's at. They reckon  2 week delay, and maybe restrictions similar to we have now over winter...

They can piss off. I'm going to invite 75 people to my house over winter. If we are all double jabbed the geeks can kiss my arse

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They can piss off. I'm going to invite 75 people to my house over winter. If we are all double jabbed the geeks can kiss my arse

There will be a new variants scariant used to justify extending restrictions. I bet there will be a Mexican variant scariant appears at some point. 

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I said weeks ago that this indie SAGE zero covid strategy was going to start really influencing policy. It has. 

You have 5k cases a day, increasing and a government that is trying to reduce restrictions, albeit cautiously, and maybe not as quickly as people want.

We had 13 cases, are limited to groups of 2, Food and beverage is closed, gyms are closed, 21 days quarantine for all travelers. That's the reality of a Zero Covid approach

You are about as far away from a zero covid policy as you can be. Stop the hyperbolic nonsense.

I actually went out last night. In town there was a little festival thing next to Home which is a cinema/theatre/gallery place in Manchester. No bands on, there was a dj first of all, but they had some theatre thing on in some other part it. You need to do the table booking and ordering food/drink with an app thing. It was pretty good, but you can't really roam around...maybe that's what BigFoot is going to be like in a few weeks. Got pretty drunk, hence the hilarious posts last night when I got back.

8 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What an utter weirdo of a human being. Travelling to Scotland DURING A PANDEMIC!!! when urging a zero covid approach. Hypocrite of the year. 

In fairness, of all the trips she could make, wild camping in the middle of nowhere has to be one of the most Covid safe. 

Edited by kalifire

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I actually went out last night. In town there was a little festival thing next to Home which is a cinema/theatre/gallery place in Manchester. No bands on, there was a dj first of all, but they had some theatre thing on in some other part it. You need to do the table booking and ordering food/drink with an app thing. It was pretty good, but you can't really roam around...maybe that's what BigFoot is going to be like in a few weeks. Got pretty drunk, hence the hilarious posts last night when I got back.

I hope you enjoyed yourself. Your posting quality was no different to usual 😉

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I hope you enjoyed yourself. Your posting quality was no different to usual 😉

First time I've been out with the missus for ages...the kid is away at moment...so yeah was nice. We also went into Home place afterwards for a drink and was good as not too many people around and was all very relaxed, didn't have to bother with app they just came and asked what we wanted. So...anyone in Manchester who might be interested it's this...https://homemcr.org/homeground/

8 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Lmao of course she’s a wild camping type.

You're fucking obsessed man. She could have said anything in this Tweet and you'd have found a way to use it to have a go. Bit worried what you are going do if she keeps her promise to stay off Twitter for a while.

Some parts of the media haven’t exactly played the June 21st unlocking dilemma very well. They keep on playing it up as a ‘will they, won’t they’ type of thing. When in reality there isn’t a huge amount we can’t do now that many will be able to live without for another month or so. The media should be pushing that, saying how much we can do now and a possible delay will only be for a short period.

It should be put in the context that we stay with what we have which isn’t that bad or move to something slightly better. 

Edited by Ozanne
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

You're fucking obsessed man. She could have said anything in this Tweet and you'd have found a way to use it to have a go. Bit worried what you are going do if she keeps her promise to stay off Twitter for a while.

It seems like they're still going to keep talking about her to be honest, whether she tweets or not.

Glad I'm not thepoliticianmaking the decision about 21st June. It's a no win thingb if it turns out to be a mistake to go no restrictions from then,then that poor decision will stick to that politician for the rest of their career. And there's no way of knowing what the right decision is, opening up is a leap in the dark.it''ll either go ok or it'll all go horribly wrong.

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Some parts of the media haven’t exactly played the June 21st unlocking dilemma very well. They keep on playing it up as a ‘will they, won’t they’ type of thing. When in reality there isn’t a huge amount we can’t do now that many will be able to live without for another month or so. The media should be pushing that, saying how much we can do now and a possible delay will only be for a short period.

It should be put in the context that we stay with what we have which isn’t that bad or move to something slightly better. 

Guessing you don't own a hospitality business for your living and just work in a job that you can work from home from? 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/05/uk-pubs-turnover-20-down-on-pre-covid-levels-despite-return-of-indoor-drinking

Just now, tigger123 said:

Guessing you don't own a hospitality business for your living and just work in a job that you can work from home from? 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/05/uk-pubs-turnover-20-down-on-pre-covid-levels-despite-return-of-indoor-drinking

I’ve said before that government support should continue.

This should become an economic issue and should focus on whether Rishi Sunak is spending enough money to support those businesses. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve said before that government support should continue.

This should become an economic issue and should focus on whether Rishi Sunak is spending enough money to support those businesses. 

But you know that support won't come, it hasn't so far so why would it start now? Also, Hancock said this in December. The goal posts just keep on shifting. If everyone in groups 1-9 hasn't been offered a second dose by June 21st, then I agree we should extend by a couple of weeks. If they have, which it is looking increasingly likely that they will have done with the shortening of second dose window to 8 weeks, then we need to reopen in full.

image.png.ca63767962425ae5f2e1ee1f6cd8ca79.png

• Upvote 3