Chrisp1986

When will this shit end?

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

The foreign fruit pickers that haven’t decided to go home have been gathering in droves for a while now too. They all live together in the camp sites though.

Weird that we shipped in foreign fruit pickers, I thought the 52% who think we don't need migrant workers would be gagging to volunteer at their local farm!

Just now, jparx said:

I was wondering the other day if South America becoming the epicentre, and the drop in cases in Europe even with lockdown easing could suggest a seasonality to it which we're starting to benefit from? Total guess though.

I think covid's still going strong in India, don't know if that means it's not affected by heat/sun that much or if it's more to do with how they've been dealing with it (badly?).

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

Thanks, an interesting article but as with you I have no idea if its just another idea that can be rubbished or whether there is something it in. I suppose with each day that goes by and more data is available we will find out more. 

Probably too early to come to any conclusions.....fingers crossed it will just die out and we'll all be allowed to hug each other etc (and go to work I guess).

53 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

He did both really 

Fair point. I'm so cross that already this is yesterdays news. They should still be badgered.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

We have the recall petition available to us which is through The Recall of MPs Act 2015 and is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that makes provision for constituents to be able to recall their Member of Parliament (MP) and call a by-election. This petition is successful if at least one in ten voters in the constituency sign.

You missed out the most important part, they have to have been convicted of a (fairly serious) criminal offence, so that wouldn't apply in this case.

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Thanks, an interesting article but as with you I have no idea if its just another idea that can be rubbished or whether there is something it in. I suppose with each day that goes by and more data is available we will find out more. 

Yeah, the guy is a mathematician so not necessarily any science behind it.

An interesting concept in the tweet you posted is cross-immunisation though. It is strange that you can have situations when for example a husband gets it but the wife doesn’t. Pure speculation of course but there is always the possibility that a portion of the population are simply immune to it.

I think Boris himself described Coronavirus as a puzzle that needed solving and it’s certainly that.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Fair point. I'm so cross that already this is yesterdays news. They should still be badgered.

Oh absolutely, I completely agree on that. The initial trip was a breach of quarantine, but the ridiculous jolly to BC was a breach of lockdown rules. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I wonder why Johnson announced the easing of certain lockdown rules meaning people can have bbqs togetheer on the Thursday before a sunny weekend even though not supposed to come into effect until Monday? Can't think why.

So they can make a few more quid from fining people over the weekend.

14 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You missed out the most important part, they have to have been convicted of a (fairly serious) criminal offence, so that wouldn't apply in this case.

Very true. 

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So we're saying Boris and Trump aren't so bad after all?

Compared to Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot, they're alright.  I suppose.

On 5/26/2020 at 3:20 PM, efcfanwirral said:

"If we have one"?

Wouldn't put anything past this lot of scammers. behind the scenes, they're fascists.

• Upvote 1

Barnard Castle - not to be confused with DC's wife's actual castle.

A birthday day out at her own castle wouldn't be a day out.

54 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yes, but what do the figures look like adjusted for population, eh? 😉

Good point.

35 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So we're saying Boris and Trump aren't so bad after all?

Not dictators but it would be interesting to see where they fall on that graph. Especially Obama.

People asking who the labour/other folk that broke rules... this is doing the rounds on the right wing media

"Dominic Cummings is not an mp,and is not as high profile,nor does he have ANY constituents to serve like these 4 muppets.
These 4 MPs....members of parliament,who are supposed to serve and be a shining light to their THOUSANDS of constituents "BROKE LOCKDOWN RULES.
ALI ....WENT ALLEGEDLY TO 2 FUNERALS WITH HUNDREDS OF MOURNERS IN ONE DAY
GETHING (Welsh HEALTH minister)allegedly broke lockdown rules.
Kinnock drove 300 ml round trip to "sit in his parents garden"to sing HAPPY fekin BIRTHDAY.
Blackford allegedly twice went from London to isle if Skye breaking lockdown rules.
No press,no hounding no calls for resignation from labour muppets or media scum....WHY!!!!!"

Image may contain: one or more people and suit

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Numbers of cases literally in the tens per day from the graph on there

Yet we're still reporting hundreds DYING a day and we're doing super well and can even look at opening the pubs quicker....

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Numbers of cases literally in the tens per day from the graph on there

Yet we're still reporting hundreds DYING a day and we're doing super well and can even look at opening the pubs quicker....

S Korea not accepting death by coronavirus like we are.

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Monkeys 'escape with COVID-19 samples' after attacking lab assistant.

Isn’t that how 28 Days Later started?

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Isn’t that how 28 Days Later started?

I don't know if we're living in Contagion, 28 Days Later, or Planet of the Apes. 

• Upvote 1