When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Where are these people going? 

If it's Luton it'll be a Wizzair flight, probably Bucharest so Romanian.

I came back in through there last week after working away for a bit and basically Luton is now just the gateway to Eastern Europe!

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

How's it all going in Russia? We don't hear much in the media and i probably wouldn't believe it anyway - are they locked down?

Happily I wasn't in Russia. Eastern Ukraine where there is a little bit of a spat with Putin's little green men.

Whatever shit we think we might be in here, there are places such as that which are sinking in deeper levels of shit that we can only imagine so I take any restrictions here in the context of it being far worse elsewhere with no real end in sight.

56 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Hopefully we'll be back to normal for next year's FA Cup.

Good to see fans back in- and glad they've spread them out this time instead of confining them to a corner like they did for the league Cup final- atmosphere sounds much better 

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hope the SAGE guys update their pessimistic models now...

So if the vaccine 'works' against getting seriously ill even when contracting the Indian variant, why (m)any restrictions in the UK where the majority of the vulnerable have been jabbed?

11 minutes ago, zico martin said:

So if the vaccine 'works' against getting seriously ill even when contracting the Indian variant, why (m)any restrictions in the UK where the majority of the vulnerable have been jabbed?

I dont get the 1000 deaths a day and 10,000 hospital admissions they are pushing. It sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Just now, zahidf said:

I dont get the 1000 deaths a day and 10,000 hospital admissions they are pushing. It sounds absolutely ridiculous.

they are modelling it as though there is no vaccine or restrictions... fucking ridiculous. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/3a8b6ac0-b59e-11eb-a803-dd7acc9bc346?shareToken=b2b98a45c8176932437414268946c1be

This is from that article. Government overruled SAGE

Whats our prediction for when they roll back the indoor pub reopening? I think 2 weeks, and it'll be 5-6 weeks from then that they'll be allowed to open again, whereas they could've delayed it now and avoided those extra weeks 

Screenshot_20210515-195933_Chrome.jpg

Edited by efcfanwirral