Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I think all day outdoors is impractical because of the weather - their effectiveness drops when wet so if it rains what do you do? Just keep a pointless wet mask on all day?

Also how much do bar takings contribute to profits? 

Anyone with half a brain also understand mask compliance will be very low the more the numbers increase.  Just look at the football the other day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think all day outdoors is impractical because of the weather - their effectiveness drops when wet so if it rains what do you do? Just keep a pointless wet mask on all day?

Also how much do bar takings contribute to profits? 

Am not suggesting for a minute that masks should be worn for outdoor concerts later in the year, especially if people are tested beforehand.
 

Indoors is where the difficulties lie and will do for some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think all day outdoors is impractical because of the weather - their effectiveness drops when wet so if it rains what do you do? Just keep a pointless wet mask on all day?

Also how much do bar takings contribute to profits? 

I think bar takings basically are the profits and most festivals barely break even until they’ve been run.

can see bar/ food staff having to wear masks through next summer potentially. Depends what the data is saying by then as if cases and measures are good enough to stop anyone getting in with covid then it’s very much 6 belts and 4 pairs of braces 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xxialac said:

The poll is pointless.

There is an existing precedent. A series of indoor gigs this week with 1,500 capacity taking place outside the UK and the first four nights are all sold out (and that's despite the acts being small ones).

Oh so now its pointless 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Am not suggesting for a minute that masks should be worn for outdoor concerts later in the year, especially if people are tested beforehand.
 

Indoors is where the difficulties lie and will do for some time.

i get you- I'm still thinking no standing indoor gigs til 2022, I'm only becoming slightly more confident of summer outdoor ones (with testing) because of this liverpool pilot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

Can we just have two gigs on back to back nights? One for the covid scared so they can wear their masks and feel important and one for those of us happy to go back to normal. 

This all day long - I know which will have more people 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

i get you- I'm still thinking no standing indoor gigs til 2022, I'm only becoming slightly more confident of summer outdoor ones (with testing) because of this liverpool pilot. 

Hear you but why not take advantage of a proven model that works elsewhere.

2 positive cases potentially (not even guaranteed) linked to the concert out of 5,000 attendees is far from superspreading and surely shows how indoor concerts can be run with an acceptable risk.

And the concert took place when covid numbers in the population were quite high too. This will fall in the Summer.

And then at some point, test the same without masks (taking advantage of greater vaccinated numbers) and move to the endgame...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

So today I was able to book my covid vaccination but the only options they gave were over 20 miles away. Surely they could give you nearer options but have the date be further away. I don't drive so there's no way I could get to the places they were showing. It says to check back but now when I go back in it says because you didn't attend your appointment. I never had an appointment to attend!!

The ones you book online are for the larger vaccination centres. If your contacted they tend to be for your smaller local vaccination hubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

This all day long - I know which will have more people 🙂

Really ? ... thing is we really don’t ... we can assume stuff and work on a probable ... but there is and will be hestitancy amongst some in the return to normal ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gordong said:

Ouch, that is grim. Surely there is no way that will actually be the case?

Yeah I hope not. I don’t think the current rate will be the going pace.

They basically chucked all their eggs in the AZ basket then freaked when the ridiculously low level of blood clotting happened. Now they’re all in with Pfizer but have to wait for months for shipments.

I just hope I’ll be able to get back to family at Christmas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Really ? ... thing is we really don’t ... we can assume stuff and work on a probable ... but there is and will be hestitancy amongst some in the return to normal ... 

I think my gym is the best example I have at the moment and the closet thing to hot sweaty lively gig (I get other gigs are available).

Most people are young (20s to 40s - average gig demographic) and most choose not to wear a mask.  

I am pretty confident most people would choose not to wear one.  A lot of the replies to the poll are saying that as well.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Hear you but why not take advantage of a proven model that works elsewhere.

2 positive cases potentially (not even guaranteed) linked to the concert out of 5,000 attendees is far from superspreading and surely shows how indoor concerts can be run with an acceptable risk.

And the concert took place when covid numbers in the population were quite high too. This will fall in the Summer.

And then at some point, test the same without masks (taking advantage of greater vaccinated numbers) and move to the endgame...

It would work for bigger events in arenas etc. Just feel for the smaller ones - I just saw an advert for a gig at Jimmy's and was thinking is it financially viable for them to put gigs on if people are essentially prohibited from drinking at them if they have a mask on? Not to mention even if 20% wanted refunds that could be difficult for the bands too. Such a weird situation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I think my gym is the best example I have at the moment and the closet thing to hot sweaty lively gig (I get other gigs are available).

Most people are young (20s to 40s - average gig demographic) and most choose not to wear a mask.  

I am pretty confident most people would choose not to wear one.  A lot of the replies to the poll are saying that as well.

But that doesn’t take account of the people that haven’t returned to the gym as yet ... so for example me ... and my folks who have quit it altogether ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

But that doesn’t take account of the people that haven’t returned to the gym as yet ... so for example me ... and my folks who have quit it altogether ... 

I can only work with so many variables 😄 
 

No it doesn't but we can only work and discuss around the bits we are seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The ones you book online are for the larger vaccination centres. If your contacted they tend to be for your smaller local vaccination hubs.

Yes I'll just keep trying but I just don't understand why they would have ones that far away coming up. I live in Stockport and most of the ones coming up are in Sheffield. I just don't understand why it doesn't show you the ones nearer to you but just for dates that are further away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It would work for bigger events in arenas etc. Just feel for the smaller ones - I just saw an advert for a gig at Jimmy's and was thinking is it financially viable for them to put gigs on if people are essentially prohibited from drinking at them if they have a mask on? Not to mention even if 20% wanted refunds that could be difficult for the bands too. Such a weird situation

But when we reopen in May, you can take the mask off to have a drink.  So they won't be prohibited from drinking. If anything you'd encourage it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It would work for bigger events in arenas etc. Just feel for the smaller ones - I just saw an advert for a gig at Jimmy's and was thinking is it financially viable for them to put gigs on if people are essentially prohibited from drinking at them if they have a mask on? Not to mention even if 20% wanted refunds that could be difficult for the bands too. Such a weird situation

People were able to drink in the 5,000 person event, only in designated zones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...