When will this shit end?

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Selfish non vaxvers spread SA variant

What does that column heading even mean? Read it multiple time and I don't think it's saying what the tweet is suggesting it shows. 

Is it not showing the percentage of staff who haven't had covid within 28 days of  their first jab? 

No still don't know. 

• Replies 92.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• zahidf

• crazyfool1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

So...OX/AZ, blood clots, suspension of vaccinations, politics, vaccine hesitancy, convoluted data, PR problems, Brexit, EU procurement naivety, poor logistics, national identity...there’s an awful lot

A while since I/we posted because just like everyone else we get fed up of this shit. So just like to say..... For the first time since last March we are free of covid patients 😊

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

What does that column heading even mean? Read it multiple time and I don't think it's saying what the tweet is suggesting it shows. 

Is it not showing the percentage of staff who haven't had covid within 28 days of  their first jab? 

No still don't know. 

It says only 1 of the 13 staff had been vaccinated and 6 out of the 10 residents.  That is pretty poor.

The 50% thing is a bit lost on me. 

does anyone know that if you can't book 2nd jab on NHS site does that been it won't confirm appointment for 1st jab?

As booked 1st jab for fella for Friday but then when went to book 2nd jab at same site it states there is no availability - what I don't want is him to be classed as no show, it's very confusing tbh

I've just pressed cancel and start again so hopefully it won't allocate the slot 😞 

Edited by shoptildrop
30 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Except that's not what it actually says though. It specifically mentions 2 weeks. 

I think it's because they report this data every couple of weeks. It's really badly worded, but in care homes they only vaccinate residents and staff if they have been clear of COVID infection for 28 days. So the chart is showing the percentage of staff who have been clear of infection for 28 days (so are eligible for a vaccine) who have had the first dose of the vaccine. I'm doing some work on a project on vaccine uptake in London and it is a massive challenge - hesitancy is one aspect, but there are loads of access issues too.

19 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

I think it's because they report this data every couple of weeks. It's really badly worded, but in care homes they only vaccinate residents and staff if they have been clear of COVID infection for 28 days. So the chart is showing the percentage of staff who have been clear of infection for 28 days (so are eligible for a vaccine) who have had the first dose of the vaccine. I'm doing some work on a project on vaccine uptake in London and it is a massive challenge - hesitancy is one aspect, but there are loads of access issues too.

Great thanks. Its awful wording! 

23 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

These variants are bloody good at turning up right on time when restrictions get loosened aren’t they? 

Just a coincidence I’m sure. 

They're making them up to keep us locked down?

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

They're making them up to keep us locked down?

I know you’re not the sharpest troll in the box but even you can work out that’s not what I said. 

SPI-B hasn’t got nearly 50 members for them to sit around thinking of catchy slogans. 

• Upvote 1

What I don’t understand with the risk based approaches to stopping the vaccines out of caution, is surely in the time they are paused for >>>> will die as a result of not having had the vaccine than would ever die from a potential blood clot.

Like South Africa stopping J&J, that’s just mad to me.

Someone tell me I’m being too simplistic...

3 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

What I don’t understand with the risk based approaches to stopping the vaccines out of caution, is surely in the time they are paused for >>>> will die as a result of not having had the vaccine than would ever die from a potential blood clot.

I agree. I think part of the reason is so they are seen to be doing something and acting cautiously, when the reality is the risk/benefit balance is so far in one direction and we are still in a pandemic after all! I understand it’s not as simple as comparing clotting incidence in the vaccine vs other walks of life, but it is still such a tiny incidence to be irrelevant. 

12 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

The pauses are primarily to update the information provided to medical professionals and to those at the vaccination sites so that they can accurately inform patients of what to look out for. It’s treatable if detected, so important to establish a link and then provide accurate guidance on the use of the vaccine so even this really rare risk can be mitigated. Now that a link has been established, it would be unethical (and indeed negligent) to continue to administer it without informing patients of the risk and key symptoms that mean they should seek medical attention. It won’t ultimately stop the use of the vaccines as in most cases, the benefits still vastly outweigh the risks (though it may shift the demographic they are used in...when that happens, it also means the vaccination programme needs to be altered a bit and that also takes some time to reorganise). 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BobWillis2 said:

I know you’re not the sharpest troll in the box but even you can work out that’s not what I said. 

SPI-B hasn’t got nearly 50 members for them to sit around thinking of catchy slogans. 

so what point are you trying to make oh wise one?

Am I right in thinking that when we move to the next stage in England (hopefully 17 May), we will be able to stay overnight at people’s places?

Would this be limited to two households or would rule of six apply here as well (so you could have three different households staying but no more than six people). Trying to organise a family gathering but don’t want to put anyone at unnecessary risk.

Edited by Ryan1984
9 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

The pauses are primarily to update the information provided to medical professionals and to those at the vaccination sites so that they can accurately inform patients of what to look out for. It’s treatable if detected, so important to establish a link and then provide accurate guidance on the use of the vaccine so even this really rare risk can be mitigated. Now that a link has been established, it would be unethical (and indeed negligent) to continue to administer it without informing patients of the risk and key symptoms that mean they should seek medical attention. It won’t ultimately stop the use of the vaccines as in most cases, the benefits still vastly outweigh the risks (though it may shift the demographic they are used in...when that happens, it also means the vaccination programme needs to be altered a bit and that also takes some time to reorganise). 

Thanks!

What do you think about Germany giving different second jabs to under 60s who’ve had a first of AZ? I know there is no scientific reason why that wouldn’t be a bad thing but they’re replacing a “known” small risk with a “unknown” small risk? Again weird to my simplistic analysis!

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Am I right in thinking that when we move to the next stage in England (17 May), we will be able to stay overnight at people’s places?

Would this be limited to two households or would rule of six apply here as well (so you could have three different households staying but no more than six people). Trying to organise a family gathering but don’t want to put anyone at unnecessary risk.

If six people are allowed to stay overnight in someone’s house, I don’t see how having a couple extra people round will make any difference, personally. If we are allowed up to 30 people in a garden by then, most of which will likely be going in and out to use the toilet, I don’t see why more than six people couldn’t stay round.

I personally wouldn’t have anywhere near 30 people round in my garden for a BBQ, for example, but if I had mates drive up to mine for the afternoon and there was seven, eight, nine of them, I wouldn’t be telling only six of them that they can stay round. 

37 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Am I right in thinking that when we move to the next stage in England (hopefully 17 May), we will be able to stay overnight at people’s places?

I think the rule of 6 applies inside as you outline. But yeah those people can then stay overnight in your place too.