When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

anyone else signed up to the tests that are now available ? I know its not perfect but just adds another layer of confidence for me when working and being around others ..... I wonder what sort of extra numbers this will add to testing numbers and cases ? 

link for anyone that wants it 

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Yes, I did, expect delivery tomorrow.

I admit it's not completely necessary as I get tested regularly at the vaccination centres.

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That sounds really bad until you realise the national average is very low indeed at the moment.

If you look at any trend statistically, there will be areas where the number is relatively high or relatively low. If you want to get clicks then you just turn it into a story, but it's not a story.

15 minutes ago, km9 said:

If you look at any trend statistically, there will be areas where the number is relatively high or relatively low. If you want to get clicks then you just turn it into a story, but it's not a story.

Yeah, if cases across the whole country all fell by 50%, then exactly the same number of areas would still have infection rates double that of the national average.

Edit: in fact, that would be the case if they all fell by 99%

Edited by stuartbert two hats

5 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Same as a couple of weeks ago, got the tap on the shoulder about a Centre giving out jabs in Stratford to over 30s, and just been AZ jabbed! Very relieved- thought I’d be months away.

Stratford London? Where?

Edited by zahidf