When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 hours ago, Copperface said:

Can I now call you an internet Karen?

Err sure, if you want?

(Any sort of name-calling from you is a tad rich, given your highly patronising and smug comments regarding the vaccine rollout being proved massively wrong, and a slightly childish refusal to acknowledge this...)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Vulpes vulpes said:

Looks like all local gp vaccination hubs to be closed for first doses at the end of the month.

under 45’s no longer a priority.

just another kick in the teeth for all those waiting for the jab.

although the government have said there on target with the vaccine roll out. Wonder how long it will be until they admit they will be a delay. Or when the numbers are low enough to give up on it. Only offer it to those that travel. 

I think its just that the GP centres were good for older people who can't travel as easily, but as risk of hospitalisation comes down sharply it makes more sense to move it all to mass centres so the GPs and everyone associated with them can deal with the other illnesses that exist, which now become more of a priority as I think they should be. 

Almost all can get to the vaccination centres now

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I don’t remember many on here doubting it would be met generally speaking people were happy with roadmap with a few unhappy it wasn’t quick enough.

From what I remember, the rest of the roadmap was received pretty well and people agreed with the timeframes and dates, but I remember people (not just on here) had major doubts that all restrictions would be able to be removed on June 21st. 

Edited by st dan

1 minute ago, st dan said:

From what I remember, the rest of the roadmap was received pretty well and people agreed with the timeframes and dates, but I remember people (not just on here) had major doubts that all restrictions would be able to be removed on June 21st. 

I thought ( and still think) its a little over cautious on the dates for loosening restrictions, but as long as we stick to those dates now, its fine

13 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Err sure, if you want?

(Any sort of name-calling from you is a tad rich, given your highly patronising and smug comments regarding the vaccine rollout being proved massively wrong, and a slightly childish refusal to acknowledge this...)

Spot on. Copperface posted about a million times saying there is no way we would meet the mid- feb target. He even scoffed at the idea of a million doses a week. He presented all these 'facts' which proved it. Common sense and basic maths showed we could do way more than that but didn't stop him making his case over and over.

And as you say, total silence ever since on the matter despite being embarrassingly wrong.

12 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Spot on. Copperface posted about a million times saying there is no way we would meet the mid- feb target. He even scoffed at the idea of a million doses a week. He presented all these 'facts' which proved it. Common sense and basic maths showed we could do way more than that but didn't stop him making his case over and over.

And as you say, total silence ever since on the matter despite being embarrassingly wrong.

Yeah. Bloody pessimists.

3 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Yeah. Bloody pessimists.

Imagine being so stubborn that you can't even admit you were wrong and instead just find something that said I was also wrong just nowhere near as much as you 😂😂😂

So just to confirm I was a lot closer to being right than you lol.

Now go back and show some of your posts.

Stubborn moron.

Edited by fraybentos1

43 minutes ago, st dan said:

Two months to go until all restrictions are removed and we can meet who we want, where we want, when we want - we all agree it’s looking positive at this stage that will happen?
I know there was some doubting it when the roadmap was announced, but I would say it’s looking good to meet that target at this moment in time. 

maybe, probably, hopefully...

29 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I was fine with disagreeing - that's life. It's more the way he would belittle people who had looked at the same data and could see decent numbers happening - referring to them as gullible or suggesting they were stupid.

Just came across pompous and an inability to acknowledge that now and move on suggests a thin skin/lack of maturity.

I'll hold my hands up - not so much on here (I don't think?), but on another forum I shared a lot of Prof Karol Sikora's stuff in the early days. I was 100% wrong on that. He was giving false hope and those saying so were correct.

Edited by Mellotr0n

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Two months to go until all restrictions are removed and we can meet who we want, where we want, when we want - we all agree it’s looking positive at this stage that will happen?
I know there was some doubting it when the roadmap was announced, but I would say it’s looking good to meet that target at this moment in time. 

Data is definitely looking healthy. Cases still going down 10 days after retail and outdoor hospitality is open. 

I had expected increases by this point, I think that's still very likely, but the fact that rates of infection are being driven even lower before that happens is really fantastic news. 

If (when?) there's a further wave of infections it's going to have to start from a much lower base which is incredibly good news.

I'm not quite at open the clubs in May, yet, but another few weeks of confounding my expectations and I will be!

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Data is definitely looking healthy. Cases still going down 10 days after retail and outdoor hospitality is open. 

I had expected increases by this point, I think that's still very likely, but the fact that rates of infection are being driven even lower before that happens is really fantastic news. 

If (when?) there's a further wave of infections it's going to have to start from a much lower base which is incredibly good news.

I'm not quite at open the clubs in May, yet, but another few weeks of confounding my expectations and I will be!

What I'd noticed in @bristoliver (twitter maths chap)'s graphs is that - after each stage of reopening/schools going back - the drop in cases seems to level off, then continue dropping again after a few days.

34 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

I was fine with disagreeing - that's life. It's more the way he would belittle people who had looked at the same data and could see decent numbers happening - referring to them as gullible or suggesting they were stupid.

Just came across pompous and an inability to acknowledge that now and move on suggests a thin skin/lack of maturity.

I'll hold my hands up - not so much on here (I don't think?), but on another forum I shared a lot of Prof Karol Sikora's stuff in the early days. I was 100% wrong on that. He was giving false hope and those saying so were correct.

Yeah it seemed obvious to me we could do good vaccine numbers based on our annual flu vaccine rollouts. Even I didn't expect it to be that good.

Yeah I've been wrong countless times too about the pandemic and so has everyone ( even the experts).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mellotr0n said:

What I'd noticed in @bristoliver (twitter maths chap)'s graphs is that - after each stage of reopening/schools going back - the drop in cases seems to level off, then continue dropping again after a few days.

I'm pretty sure this is what happened in Israel too, bodes well for the summer after unlocking 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Do we have to drag up an argument from 3 months ago? Let’s just leave it and move on. 

Agreed - fair enough. It was just a little hard to leave that comment be, given his previous. You’re right, I shouldn’t have risen to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm pretty sure this is what happened in Israel too, bodes well for the summer after unlocking 

I think they had a small rise too after a big lifting of some restrictions, but at the moment, it seems like our vaccination (and weather) is ahead of the unlocking effect.  If we get to say, this time next week without a starting an upwards trend (so 10 days after the first weekend of pubs), then we're probably in a very, very good position to move to the next step. 

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think they had a small rise too after a big lifting of some restrictions, but at the moment, it seems like our vaccination (and weather) is ahead of the unlocking effect.  If we get to say, this time next week without a starting an upwards trend (so 10 days after the first weekend of pubs), then we're probably in a very, very good position to move to the next step. 

After restrictions were eased last summer numbers stayed low until the autumn...right?

It seems like newer vaccination locations are still popping up. 
You can now get a jab at my local Tesco in the pharmacy which can only have been introduced in the last couple of weeks. 

Also overheard one of the volunteers saying they have a fantastic turnout and yesterday only 1 no-show out of 75 appointments.