When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Not sure if this is nationwide but there is an initiative in my region to vaccinate all homeless persons irrespective of age. They can simply turn up to designated centres and outreach projects and receive the vaccination as long as they are over 18. Apparently a a lot of vaccine suspicion amongst this demographic but seems to be working OK. 

That’s awesome to hear!

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Howdy, here they are doing AZ with a gap of 6-12 weeks as standard. Most of the healthcare workers had a 6 week gap. Infections in healthcare fell through the floor a good while ago, so it looks like it’s working! The antibody responses increase after 6 weeks, the rise after that is nowhere near as steep, so, if it was 4 weeks I’d say hold on, but 7 weeks looks fine. 

Ta!

37 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol what? Its because they have covid

It's 100% good news. Why get weird over it?

Because it would be nice to know how many people have been admitted to hospital with severe covid, obviously. 

The vaccine doesn’t  stop you getting it and everybody that goes into hospital as an inpatient gets tested so it’s stands to reason some vaccinated people will test positive when going into hospital for unrelated conditions. 

It’s not a conspiracy its a question. 

3 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Because it would be nice to know how many people have been admitted to hospital with severe covid, obviously. 

The vaccine doesn’t  stop you getting it and everybody that goes into hospital as an inpatient gets tested so it’s stands to reason some vaccinated people will test positive when going into hospital for unrelated conditions. 

It’s not a conspiracy its a question. 

It's 32 cases. Doesn't matter.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It's 32 cases. Doesn't matter.

19 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

It could be zero. Does matter. 

Also it’s not 32 cases, its 32 cases from a sample size. It’s likely to be higher. 

It's a fair question in this instance- I was looking at the wording and wondering if my Grandad would be included in such statistics - he caught it in hospital so was technically a covid patient after vaccination but wasn't ill with it. I still can't fully get my head around the wording in the article and we'll never know, but for this particular piece of data it could genuinely be much better than it even looks if people like my Grandad were included. It would be very good news - hopefully a wider dataset will become available at some point 

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Good thread on the "Indian Variant"

Came here to post the exact same thing. Hopefully it doesn’t take off and doesn’t evade vaccines. I think the media over eggs these things and it’ll be fine. A couple months ago you’d have thought the vaccine rollout was pointless and we were all doomed cause of the South African one. Hasn’t happened like that tho.

Well only 9% of people in India have had the vaccine, and due to the sheer size of their population (and its density) it’s making its way through the other 91% causing the huge daily numbers we are seeing there. Nothing to suggest it’s evading vaccines or anything like that yet is there?

9 minutes ago, st dan said:

Well only 9% of people in India have had the vaccine, and due to the sheer size of their population (and its density) it’s making its way through the other 91% causing the huge daily numbers we are seeing there. Nothing to suggest it’s evading vaccines or anything like that yet is there?

At moment it is still a "vaccine of interest", not a "vaccine of concern".....so I guess at the moment they're not too concerned!

It is devastating India though.

37 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

At moment it is still a "vaccine of interest", not a "vaccine of concern".....so I guess at the moment they're not too concerned!

It is devastating India though.

Yeah it shouldn’t be dismissed instantly as it could lead to problems, hopefully it won’t but it’s right the relevant people look into it and warn us about it. 

58 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Came here to post the exact same thing. Hopefully it doesn’t take off and doesn’t evade vaccines. I think the media over eggs these things and it’ll be fine. A couple months ago you’d have thought the vaccine rollout was pointless and we were all doomed cause of the South African one. Hasn’t happened like that tho.

It’s the Media and a small group of prominent scientists/Health figures, presumably aware that keeping restrictions ’just in case’ is as popular as drinking cold sick. However it’s going to start getting a bit ‘Boy who Cried Wolf’ soon.

Two months to go until all restrictions are removed and we can meet who we want, where we want, when we want - we all agree it’s looking positive at this stage that will happen?
I know there was some doubting it when the roadmap was announced, but I would say it’s looking good to meet that target at this moment in time. 

Looks like all local gp vaccination hubs to be closed for first doses at the end of the month.

under 45’s no longer a priority.

just another kick in the teeth for all those waiting for the jab.

although the government have said there on target with the vaccine roll out. Wonder how long it will be until they admit they will be a delay. Or when the numbers are low enough to give up on it. Only offer it to those that travel. 

Edited by Vulpes vulpes

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

Two months to go until all restrictions are removed and we can meet who we want, where we want, when we want - we all agree it’s looking positive at this stage that will happen?
I know there was some doubting it when the roadmap was announced, but I would say it’s looking good to meet that target at this moment in time. 

I don’t remember many on here doubting it would be met generally speaking people were happy with roadmap with a few unhappy it wasn’t quick enough.

We do appear on track to reach it currently but the big test will be after May 17th when people can meet others inside again if we can get through those few weeks after then it should be fine!

21 hours ago, st dan said:

As it looks like they aren’t going to get any backing from the government, I still think festivals could run a ‘best endeavours’ policy for ticket holders, and fully disclose that if a turn in the nature of the pandemic means their festival can no longer go ahead, then unfortunately the buyer accepts this at their own risk and all money will be lost if it were to be cancelled. 

Not an ideal scenario, but if it gives festivals a chance of going ahead them in sure people would take the punt. Especially the smaller capacity festivals, given the huge demand for tickets at present. And if people don’t want to take the risks then they don’t need to buy, which puts them in the same position as the festival being cancelled in the first place. 

That's a great idea one which I see as a better idea than the govt indemnifying businesses of business risk. All businesses would like the risks covered.