• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• zahidf

• crazyfool1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

So...OX/AZ, blood clots, suspension of vaccinations, politics, vaccine hesitancy, convoluted data, PR problems, Brexit, EU procurement naivety, poor logistics, national identity...there’s an awful lot

A while since I/we posted because just like everyone else we get fed up of this shit. So just like to say..... For the first time since last March we are free of covid patients 😊

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think that logic is pretty broad-brush and doesn't really account for the male/female difference but also lifestyle differences. For 30-39 year olds 2.7 vs 0.8.... but that 2.7 will easily dip below 0.8 if you're a home worker and limit your social contacts.

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

So, 3 people under 30 have died from these clots. Although it’s obviously very unlikely to happen, it does unfortunately happen so some and that is a read fest so young. Although we’ll never know, I wonder what they risks would have been to these individuals of catching Covid, and whether or not they sadly would have lost their life.
I think very naive to just bat away these concerns that an increasing number of people will now have. 

But the risks are probably more from catching Covid if there is a lot of Covid around.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

high exposure

I'm not watching this (obviously I'm busy working), any breakdown of risk by gender as well as age?

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

That person who came on here the other day saying they were sceptical/worried about taking a vaccine and got a whole load of shite thrown at him...

☝️ 

I'm early 30s. And this has just been a kick in the teeth, I was already worried and awaiting on more info. 

Waiting for Barry fucko to call me an antivaxxer again 😄 Even though I'm still saying I'll get a vaccine when I'm comfortable 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

people on these boards will have taken much more dodgy stuff

I just said exactly this to a mate who’s fretting about the safety of the vaccine but will happily buy things off a man wearing a multicolour trenchcoat in a forest 😂

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Depends a bit on when you had it? I think anything past 6 months the immune response can start to drop off, but if it was more recent I can see the argument for waiting.

Had it in early January so still some protection. If I were to contract it again in future, I’m pretty sure I’d be able to fight it off as I had little/no real symptoms. And I just seems i now have to make a 250,000/1 decision as to whether I’d be one of these unfortunate affected by the clotting side effects of the vaccine. Will almost certainly still take it, but it’s a dilemma to have in my own mind, given my circumstances. 

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

☝️

I'm early 30s. And this has just been a kick in the teeth, I was already worried and awaiting on more info. 

Waiting for Barry fucko to call me an antivaxxer again 😄 Even though I'm still saying I'll get a vaccine when I'm comfortable 

Anti vax fucko  

4 in 1 million ...  shut the fuck up and take the vaccine 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Interesting points that might be lost...

The vaccine is safe for all age groups 

IF there is preference then younger people should get an alternative vaccine.

Big IF right now...

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Anti vax fucko  

4 in 1 million ...  shut the fuck up and take the vaccine 

hahaha right on cue

Old Barry fucko, can't help himself. 

30 minutes ago, km9 said:

Me too. In fact I'll be doing this in exactly 24 hours time!

Exciting! Let us know whether you had the placebo or real deal. I'm still firmly convinced I had the placebo due to my zilch reaction following either jab, but will know for certain next week.

As a young person I can assure you people my age don't care what vaccine they get as long as they're jabbed as soon as they can, I'm personally not worried because of the rarity of the clots 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, SophieBee said:

Actually funnily enough I just got a call from my trial centre - they are ready to unblind us and I have my appointment next week, where I'll find out if I had the active or placebo (and will get the single shot if it was the placebo). So they must be expecting an announcement from MHRA authorising use by Monday (appointments started Tuesday!)

Edit: sorry, meant to say, it's the J&J trial I'm on

Yeah Mrs Starbuck is in the same boat. Was meant to find out last week but told there was a delay. Makes sense that they’re waiting for approval. I thought it would be supply issues but that makes more sense.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

They do not to provide some balance to highlight how tiny a risk there is from the vaccine against the risk of become ill normally, when Covid isnt an issue, such as by using the contraceptive pill which I suspect is much higher, natural causes, or getting clots without the vaccine, even going to a music festival, etc! The numbers are so small that there needs to be some balance to the the headline "increased risk" 

Just now, hodgey123 said:

I had the AZ vaccine 4 weeks ago and I am 26. Am I safe to assume from this that I am invincible? 

im not sure what the statistics say ..... 

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Still think the timing of all of this is very convenient given the current supply issues, and the fact that the rollout in groups 1-9 have now almost been completed. Would have been a nightmare if vaccine confidence went away before both of these occurred. 

Occam’s razor.

Reason this is coming out now is BECAUSE so many people have had jabs. It’s really rare so only shows up in the data after millions of doses. No conspiracy required!

59 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Yep, had them too.

get your missus to the docs oer a&e last thing you want is for thing to get as far as blood clots

Edited by eFestivals
1 hour ago, SophieBee said:

Exciting! Let us know whether you had the placebo or real deal. I'm still firmly convinced I had the placebo due to my zilch reaction following either jab, but will know for certain next week.

I will. I will be very surprised if I had the placebo. Headaches and the sweats all night after the first one.