Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 92.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • steviewevie

    10093

  • Ozanne

    7235

  • zahidf

    6530

  • crazyfool1

    6146

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

So...OX/AZ, blood clots, suspension of vaccinations, politics, vaccine hesitancy, convoluted data, PR problems, Brexit, EU procurement naivety, poor logistics, national identity...there’s an awful lot

A while since I/we posted because just like everyone else we get fed up of this shit. So just like to say..... For the first time since last March we are free of covid patients 😊

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

By mid/late summer most people will have been vaccinated and we won't need vaccine passports to go to a pub. Until then I expect they will need to keep social distancing in place.

The government knew this when giving a date of 21 June by which all restrictions - including social distancing - would be lifted. Why would they change this now to social distancing unless we have vaccine passports? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah - but if you read the detail - its not really saying much concrete.

It's not been signed off by Spaffer it's just goves ideas at the mo  its not likely to change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

The government knew this when giving a date of 21 June by which all restrictions - including social distancing - would be lifted. Why would they change this now to social distancing unless we have vaccine passports? 

maybe they lied?

maybe I'm wrong?

maybe things change?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Exactly, so how can we go back to normal by 21 June and then say oh wait actually, never mind the fact you’ve not needed it for 3 months, but now we need these passports to keep it this way?

Because they don't actually help keep you safe and have never been about keeping you safe?

Surely if it was about keeping you safe it would also be needed for gyms, supermarkets, non essential shops, public transport basically everywhere - but it seemingly isn't going to be needed for everywhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's not been signed off by Spaffer it's just goves ideas at the mo  its not likely to change.

Have you read the detail ? Read the telegraph article.  It actually commits to nothing.  Its a no but yeah exercise buying time until September.

Edited by Barry Fish
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barry Fish said:

Have you read the detail ? Read the telegraph article.  It actually commits to nothing.  Its a no but yeah exercise buying time until September.

There's no way anyone can click their fingers for it to be in place in double quick time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad is 58 and still isn't vaccinated, so I'm getting a little concerned. He said it's just because he works difficult hours so hasn't had a chance yet but still, I really hope he hasn't become an antivaxxer....

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Because they don't actually help keep you safe and have never been about keeping you safe?

Surely if it was about keeping you safe it would also be needed for gyms, supermarkets, non essential shops, public transport basically everywhere - but it seemingly isn't going to be needed for everywhere. 

Maybe the concept seems to be to try and avoid super spreader event and let life go back to normal in other areas.

The reality is this thing is more likely to spread in a super market before it spreads in a one off theatre  visit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

There's no way anyone can click their fingers for it to be in place in double quick time.

I didn't say they could...  You are missing the point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

The government knew this when giving a date of 21 June by which all restrictions - including social distancing - would be lifted. Why would they change this now to social distancing unless we have vaccine passports? 

Compliance until some easing. There are so many people seeing each other in gardens and out and about this weekend - I don't think it's a coincidence that they're backtracking on that now . I doubt anything has actually changed but if they'd just said in February the real plan people would've seen it as so far away before any real normality that they may have reduced their compliance at that point.

I agree with @steviewevie - they need to wait til everyone has had two vaccines to remove social distancing. This was always the case, and their timelines and roadmap never made any sense at all. But everyone focused on 21st June for almost 6 weeks despite how illogical it sounded. Job done, people distracted for a bit longer. Now they've moved the carrot a little further into the future, just hold on a little more and you'll get your freedom back.

Unfortunately September is closely followed by the winter flu season, when it's completely unrealistic to begin a fully normal existence due to all the reasons we need to wait til September, that we don't know the vaccines fully work, we don't know if the vulnerable are fully protected until we see out a whole winter with the vaccines in play

I don't think social distancing will end until summer 2022. If we move away from what we want to happen and look at things realistically, there is no other way this can go 

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Its beenbrifeduout of goves office tonight.

Are they doing that thing where they brief the press to see what the public reaction is before making a decision?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Simsy said:

Are they doing that thing where they brief the press to see what the public reaction is before making a decision?

Yup - and that is why nothing is committed too and its as vague as possible.  Maybe Mondays announcement will have more details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

There is no way a lot of businesses can survive social distancing until the Summer 2022.

I don't think they care - they'll help the ones that fit their ideology (West end theatres etc) and probably see it as a positive if people are steered away from others and set up careers in other, more Tory friendly industries

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

maybe they lied?

maybe I'm wrong?

maybe things change?

Yeah I wasn’t having a go at you. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I started this thinking I could see the merit in the vaccine passports but when you stop and think about the timeline when this will be in place, and try and reconcile that with the roadmap, it just dawns on you that it doesn’t add up or, if the roadmap is still on track, it’ll be a massive waste of time and effort! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Maybe the concept seems to be to try and avoid super spreader event and let life go back to normal in other areas.

The reality is this thing is more likely to spread in a super market before it spreads in a one off theatre  visit.

People are still going to catch it. It makes no sense that you have to be vaccinated or show a negative test... So the unvaccinated person doesn't have it. The vaccinated  people might have have it but nobody will ever know, because they can go about spreading Covid wherever they like because they have been vaccinated and not be tested. It makes zero sense. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, km9 said:

Sooner than who?

whoever would have been vaccinated on genuine grounds without lying to get it. There's 25 million people mostly in at risk groups still to get the 2nd dose 

Obviously 1 person lying isn't going go to cause any crisis but it's still delaying someone who is higher up the priority list in your local area.

it's probably not a true story anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

People are still going to catch it. It makes no sense that you have to be vaccinated or show a negative test... So the unvaccinated person doesn't have it. The vaccinated  people might have have it but nobody will ever know, because they can go about spreading Covid wherever they like because they have been vaccinated and not be tested. It makes zero sense. 

 

Vaccinated people are much less likely to spread it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Vaccinated people are much less likely to spread it.

They are still cable of spreading it though.

The unvaccinated person who has not got the virus is safer for the other people in the venue than the jabbed person in the venue who might be carrying it!

Either let people manage their own risk or require a negative test from everyone. In which case what's the point of checking if they have had the jab anyway! 

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Yup - and that is why nothing is committed too and its as vague as possible.  Maybe Mondays announcement will have more details.

They've committed to some specific test events

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

They are still spreading it though. The unvaccinated person who has not go the virus is safer for the other people in the pub than the jabbed person in the pub who might be carrying it. 

Either let people manage their own risk or require a negative test from everyone. 

On that visit maybe, but the vaccinated person is much less likely to catch it, so less likely to cause any further infections.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...