When will this shit end?

Campsites with self contained accomodation such as motorhomes, chalets etc can open from April 12th.

Camping is allowed from May 17th, with shared facilities.

Edited by Paul ™
  • Replies 92.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• zahidf

• crazyfool1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

So...OX/AZ, blood clots, suspension of vaccinations, politics, vaccine hesitancy, convoluted data, PR problems, Brexit, EU procurement naivety, poor logistics, national identity...there’s an awful lot

A while since I/we posted because just like everyone else we get fed up of this shit. So just like to say..... For the first time since last March we are free of covid patients 😊

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Government messaging doesn’t have to be at those extremes, nor does it have to have Psychologists worrying about an experiment being conducted on people.

it's not really an experiment though is it? It's drastic measures taken because they were shit scared of health service being overrun. Maybe they were wrong, maybe they were over the top, maybe they were too much, maybe they weren't enough. Not sure it was some dark experimental conspiracy.

In a parallel universe May is still PM and doing same shit as Johnson, and Johnson is shouting from the side with the other CRGers.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You haven't read it properly. Bookings yes but actually camping no. Because facilities will be shared in this instance, it's something that can't open until restrictions are lifted I presume. But not from June 21st, they only hope from early July. 

But the difference also is they don't need to sell 60k tickets etc to protect their promotion.

I think we're talking at cross purposes here because the way I'm reading your posts is that you're suggesting campsites won't accept customers arriving before July - but obviously that can't be your intention.

Many campsites are planning, assuming the Government don't push back the date, to open from April 12th - as in, they'll accept customers on that date. None are waiting until July. You can go on pitchup.com now and book for multiple Newquay campsites throughout the second half of April.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

You can go on pitchup.com now and book for multiple Newquay campsites throughout the second half of April.

Yup as I said earlier, opening April, then with facilities opening in May (all going well with roadmap)

https://www.pitchup.com/covid-camping/

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/reopening-our-campsites/

Edited by Paul ™
46 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Welcome. There’s 2 takeaways for me.

1) The Government has been like a seesaw, they underplayed it at first then panicked and went full ‘YOU WILL DIE’ worrying about compliance. They were then too optimistic last summer and pre-Christmas, and are being too negative now. But also they are incapable of just being straight with people. There’s always an ulterior motive and they’re always twisting the truth or outright lying. They are fundamentally dishonest and everyone needs to bear that in mind when considering whether to support them on anything they do. 

2) Some very serious people are questioning things now. Not far-right Tory cranks, Covid-deniers or Anti-Vaxx idiots. Step back from things a little bit and think about the implications of the Government and their Advisors conducting a psychological experiment on the public. What does it mean for the relationship between Government and governed, and what have they learnt that they can use against us in the future? It’s unnecessary and unethical.

Being straight with people at the start wouldn't have got the lockdown compliance that was needed for lockdown to be effective.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

And while pubs, shops and restaurants will be allowed to reopen indoor areas without them on May 17, they may be forced to introduce them later.

Feeling the most pessimistic about the prospect /timeline of returning to normal than I have in a long while with these briefed vaccine passport stories, on the day that only 10 deaths were reported. Having to show proof of vaccination/negative test/infection does not mean that all restrictions have been lifted and should not be necessary if the vast majority of adults have been vaccinated by the 21 June date, as prevalence should be so low so as to render the need for a passport showing immunity/no infection redundant? 

Not to mention how long an app may take to get that sorted for the whole population - that will not be ready before 21 June! 

These twitter posts and headlines don't match the details of the articles.  Still possible they will be needed for pubs.

They seem to be suggesting testing for people who can't have the vaccine rather than exemptions.  I hope this isn't suggesting I have to test my young daughters to go to the cinema etc.  No chance that's going to happen.

Edited by Barry Fish
Just now, hodgey123 said:

Feeling the most pessimistic about the prospect /timeline of returning to normal than I have in a long while with these briefed vaccine passport stories, on the day that only 10 deaths were reported. Having to show proof of vaccination/negative test/infection does not mean that all restrictions have been lifted and should not be necessary if the vast majority of adults have been vaccinated by the 21 June date, as prevalence should be so low so as to render the need for a passport showing immunity/no infection redundant? 

Not to mention how long an app may take to get that sorted for the whole population - that will not be ready before 21 June! 

September / October is being suggested for the app.

24 minutes ago, zahidf said:

20210403_220324.jpg

This is where my head has been at for ages - non socially distanced events were never realistic this year, but I think they did right letting them announce, sell tickets etc to get the money in to at least save those that can be saved 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

September / October is being suggested for the app.

Exactly, so how can we go back to normal by 21 June and then say oh wait actually, never mind the fact you’ve not needed it for 3 months, but now we need these passports to keep it this way?

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is where my head has been at for ages - non socially distanced events were never realistic this year, but I think they did right letting them announce, sell tickets etc to get the money in to at least save those that can be saved 

Not convinced by this logic - are you saying the government knowingly let huge numbers of people (who let’s not forget after the past year a large portion of which will not be financially secure themselves) waste some money to prop up some struggling industries? 

19 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

And while pubs, shops and restaurants will be allowed to reopen indoor areas without them on May 17, they may be forced to introduce them later.

Not necessarily forced night choose to use them same as they'd chhooseto ban the troublesome.

Just now, hodgey123 said:

Exactly, so how can we go back to normal by 21 June and then say oh wait actually, never mind the fact you’ve not needed it for 3 months, but now we need these passports to keep it this way?

We won't and never were going as far as the live events - to most people it will be normal minus their foreign holidays, which is a bit of an easier sell with variants. Its just us who like events that it won't be normal for 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Not necessarily forced night choose to use them same as they'd chhooseto ban the troublesome.

Yup - nothing decided - yet some of these twitter threads are acting like its decided.

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Not convinced by this logic - are you saying the government knowingly let huge numbers of people (who let’s not forget after the past year a large portion of which will not be financially secure themselves) waste some money to prop up some struggling industries? 

Maybe not knowingly, but by hinting that they might be allowed against all logic and evidence at the time) it's helped

Wait until they tell us its our patrotic duty to go out and spend in May - we'll see how much they care about people's financial state then!  

Edited by efcfanwirral
Just now, Barry Fish said:

Yup - nothing decided - yet some of these twitter threads are acting like its decided.

Its beenbrifeduout of goves office tonight.

SO...  Ignoring for a second the articles make it clear they may still be introduced for pubs....   if pubs don't require a vaccine passport what are they going to look like...

Social Distancing forever ?  or can we just pop and have a drink...