Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Chrisp1986

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

But he got the vaccine out - and all those lab coat photos prove it.

I saw someone rather glibly compare the government response to a last-minute winner in a football match. The fans don’t care how bad the performance was - all they will remember is that feeling when the ball hits the back of the net and the end result. Seems to be happening before our eyes with the poll ratings etc.

It does seem to be happening in the polls, they seem to get away with it time and time again. The public are quite forgiving with the Tories. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

But he got the vaccine out - and all those lab coat photos prove it.

I saw someone rather glibly compare the government response to a last-minute winner in a football match. The fans don’t care how bad the performance was - all they will remember is that feeling when the ball hits the back of the net and the end result. Seems to be happening before our eyes with the poll ratings etc.

It'll also be reflected in the local elections based on what Boris Johnson SAYS is going to happen in May and June. This is why I'm deeply sceptical about the removal of social distancing in June - frankly I think he's just made it up for political gain. He always lies - I think the limits on social distancing will be lifted when enough have had their second vaccine doses, as we expected before the roadmap was announced.

Even America is talking about small 4th July gatherings despite intending to have every adult offered a vaccine before we do, Mark Drakeford is saying all year in Wales. It's probably what the scientists recommend so not pushing a conspiracy or anything, but he's got our hopes up once again, and once they walk these local elections its a long time before any accountability. So the real (science based) plan should start to show then, which was clearly always only open fully after 2 doses. Do it after one and people won't get their second. Furlough and covid acts will be extended until end of September. Actions not words...

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It does seem to be happening in the polls, they seem to get away with it time and time again. The public are quite forgiving with the Tories. 

well, to be fair...the vaccine thing is a massive success, and is basically ending the crisis here in the UK (and hopefully eventually everywhere). I know it isn't all down to the government, but the pandemic wasn't the fault of the government either. If we look back we'll see that we had one of the worst death rates (unless gets real bad elsewhere suddenly), and many mistakes were made....but people won't want to look back, they'll want to look forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So has @Toilet Duck been trolling us all the way through ? 🙂 and really he’s a bin man 🙂 .... tries to look for a job that’s the opposite without causing offence to anyone 🙂 

Cue lots of extremely offended 'waste disposal operatives'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, km9 said:

Cue lots of extremely offended 'waste disposal operatives'

Or lots that are very proud to be associated 🙂 ... tries to escape that hole I’m digging ... I’ve not come across one on Here yet ... but now will be the time 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It'll also be reflected in the local elections based on what Boris Johnson SAYS is going to happen in May and June. This is why I'm deeply sceptical about the removal of social distancing in June - frankly I think he's just made it up for political gain. He always lies - I think the limits on social distancing will be lifted when enough have had their second vaccine doses, as we expected before the roadmap was announced.

Even America is talking about small 4th July gatherings despite intending to have every adult offered a vaccine before we do, Mark Drakeford is saying all year in Wales. It's probably what the scientists recommend so not pushing a conspiracy or anything, but he's got our hopes up once again, and once they walk these local elections its a long time before any accountability. So the real (science based) plan should start to show then, which was clearly always only open fully after 2 doses. Do it after one and people won't get their second. Furlough and covid acts will be extended until end of September. Actions not words...

I agree the Bojo is one of the worst Prime Ministers and generally a fucking awful person who has lied at a near trump pace. I think we are still on track for a June release (even if I think its too slow). 

1. Extending restrictions will cause more long term political harm than good. By setting a date people are preparing themselves. They are booking holidays, making plans and generally have something to aim for. If he took that away everyone is going to turn on him. 

2. Torys have put the Economy first before people on the majority of cases. He won't delay further 

3. Israel data is showing infections plummeting 

4. At our current rate we will have deaths and hospitalisations in the single digits by June. Guaranteed. If that is the case no one is gonna to adhere to restrictions 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So has @Toilet Duck been trolling us all the way through ? 🙂 and really he’s a bin man 🙂 .... tries to look for a job that’s the opposite without causing offence to anyone 🙂 

What's happened ? Is he full of shit ??? He's been one of only a few on here that makes any sense 😭😭😭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It'll also be reflected in the local elections based on what Boris Johnson SAYS is going to happen in May and June. This is why I'm deeply sceptical about the removal of social distancing in June - frankly I think he's just made it up for political gain. He always lies - I think the limits on social distancing will be lifted when enough have had their second vaccine doses, as we expected before the roadmap was announced.

Even America is talking about small 4th July gatherings despite intending to have every adult offered a vaccine before we do, Mark Drakeford is saying all year in Wales. It's probably what the scientists recommend so not pushing a conspiracy or anything, but he's got our hopes up once again, and once they walk these local elections its a long time before any accountability. So the real (science based) plan should start to show then, which was clearly always only open fully after 2 doses. Do it after one and people won't get their second. Furlough and covid acts will be extended until end of September. Actions not words...

 Fauci has since gone further and said he believes they will be back to normal by the summer.  No distancing and no masks.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/14/politics/anthony-fauci-fourth-of-july-covid-guidelines-cnntv/index.html

 

Asked whether people will return to a degree of normal without masks and distancing by the summer holiday, Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, replied: "Yes ... there will be a greater degree of confidence" in that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, gazzared said:

What's happened ? Is he full of shit ??? He's been one of only a few on here that makes any sense 😭😭😭

I’m just gonna bin him off for now untill he gets approval 🙂 I’m jesting by the way .. nothings happened and he continues to be informative:) as ever 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

😂

it would be a rather elaborate ruse alright! 

 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I know that professor duck knows what he's talking about.

It’s a bit like the AstraZeneca row. The seed of doubt has been planted now - you can’t undo it 😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, zahidf said:

According to the self reporting on the vaccine, it can cause sunburn, electric shock and genital herpes

20210316_153118.jpg

Now I'm worried that the vaccine seems to attract arthropods! FML.

89 people blaming their farts on the jab?

And insert your own joke about feeling the "sensation of a foreign body". Phwoar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, zahidf said:

According to the self reporting on the vaccine, it can cause sunburn, electric shock and genital herpes

20210316_153118.jpg

Now this would make a great thread, even before having the vaccine.

"How many have you had"? 

Reckon there's one or two who might get close to a full house.

I reckon I've had around 60% at Glastonbury alone!

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Now this would make a great thread, even before having the vaccine.

"How many have you had"? 

Reckon there's one or two who might get close to a full house.

I reckon I've had around 60% at Glastonbury alone!

😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

I'm similar to you, Matt. It's just grim to think about the next election and how the Tories will probably walk it. 

Australia was an option for me, but as I'm 30 in a few months I'd have to apply for the Visa very soon and move there before next July (as I think you get a year to enter the country). Not sure I'm quite at the stage where I want to definitely move, so it's tricky.

Somewhere in Europe like Berlin would have been fantastic but unfortunately a large part of the country voted to rip that away from us for no reason. 

 

Are the residency requirements for Germany really more arduous than Australia?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I actually don't mind reading opposing views as that's what debate is about. But the aggressive hectoring tone of a few who post multiple times a page makes it really unpleasant in here so ignoring seems the best way forward. That way they can still post but I don't have to read it, unless quoted, but somehow that lessens the impact.

Yeah. I love reading opposing views and being challenged. I just want to mute the bores who drone on and on tediously about certain personal hobby horses. 

Edited by whitehorses
Sp
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...