When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, st dan said:

Stumbled across this doing the rounds on Twitter. Absolutely disgusting behaviour - I would have just said ‘fine off you go’ and let them all suffer the consequences. Hope his Vitamin C serves him well!
How medical professionals can remain calm in this situation is beyond me. They really don’t need idiots like this on top of all they are dealing with. 

Uck, some of the comments in that thread...

The level of denial and downright idiocy that this virus has caused and/or brought out in people is so disheartening and frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I think a potential plan for the next few weeks ahead is a good thing. Gives people hope and a date to aim for. But they should also say this could change depending on the virus etc. 

Definitely. I’d be amazed (well not that amazed with this lot but you know what I mean) if they weren’t working on a roadmap

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's unbelievably depressing

The UK can't claim to be an elite developed country if education standards can be this low.

It's not due to the standard of education in the UK (which despite its shortcomings is of a high standard), it's a sick combination of willful ignorance and egotism. Frankly I'm sick of it.

Just now, eFestivals said:

no problem with key workers being vaccinated, but if they're giving some priority it should be all of them! They're all forced by their job to be in contact with other people.

If they have evidence of it cutting transmission, i guess they'd sort it out then. I guess the public sector key employees would be easier to vaccinate though work rather than other workers 

Does anyone know what the deal is with females taking the vaccine if planning on having more children in the future?

I assume there's no trial data on this but perhaps the knowledge is out there somewhere?

I only ask because a female nurse friend of mine has refused the vaccine on this basis and now i'm wondering if with my Wife being a teacher and seemingly likely to be offered the vaccine soonish she should do the same.

Edited by JoeyT

Just now, JoeyT said:

Does anyone know what the deal is with females taking the vaccine if planning on having more children in the future?

I assume there's no trial data on this but perhaps the knowledge is out there somewhere?

I only ask because a female nurse friend of mine has refused the vaccine on this basis and now i'm wondering if with my Wife being a teacher she should do the same.

I’m pretty sure they said covid would be a higher risk on fertility than the vaccine 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

surely it'll just get faked, however it's done?

It seems smart idea, until you think about the practicalities of it.

Some countries already require vaccine certificates (e.g. India require you to isolate for 6 days if you don't have a yellow fever cert). I can see that being extended to covid across nations. Sure it can be faked but on the whole I doubt that will be widespread (making the vaccination free helps) which is 'good enough'. Having said that, if we do manage a global rollout of vaccine perhaps uptake will be so widespread that a certification programme will be moot.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I only ask because a female nurse friend of mine has refused the vaccine on this basis and now i'm wondering if with my Wife being a teacher and seemingly likely to be offered the vaccine soonish she should do the same.

My sister is the early stages of pregnancy and is also a nurse. I think she’s been advised to not take the vaccine at present. 

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

They haven't tested it on pregnant women, so if you are pregnant or trying to have babies, they have to tell the person.

Obviously a personal choice but Covid is probably worse

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

My sister is the early stages of pregnancy and is also a nurse. I think she’s been advised to not take the vaccine at present. 

Do you think that applies if you were going to be trying for a baby in say the next 3-6 months as well?

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My only reference for this is that the video that I think was shared on here yesterday, aimed at people from minority ethnic backgrounds, clearly stated that there is no evidence that the vaccine effects fertility.

This page says the same https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/news/RCOG-and-RCM-respond-to-misinformation-around-Covid-19-vaccine-and-fertility/
"We want to reassure women that there is no evidence to suggest that Covid-19 vaccines will affect fertility. Claims of any effect of Covid-19 vaccination on fertility are speculative and not supported by any data. 

“There is no biologically plausible mechanism by which current vaccines would cause any impact on women's fertility.  Evidence has not been presented that women who have been vaccinated have gone on to have fertility problems."

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Do you think that applies if you were going to be trying for a baby in say the next 3-6 months as well?

I’m not really sure, I wouldn’t like to say either way as I don’t know. My best advice would be for the couple to speak to their GP. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. 

PMQ's today. I really hope Starmer goes on the attack - if 100,000 deaths at the hands of a negligent PM isn't enough for him to show some genuine outrage and fury, then it is lost. Make him try to defend the indefensible, as we know Johnson will, and then keep going and going. 

• Upvote 2

Johnson and his dithering seems to be getting taken to task this morning.  Yesterday’s figures have shocked everyone.  Also looks likeNew Zealand will keep borders closed all this year.  We are ten months too late. Up here, in the middle of the worst crisis since the war, sturgeon and co are spending time trying to get another referendum instead of concentrating fully on Covid.  We are being governed by ineffective, indecisive and weak politicians. 

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I’m all for key workers getting put forward in the queue but I’ll be pretty annoyed if my 34 year old cousin who is a bobby gets vaccinated before his 67

year old dad. I’d at very least say the over 60’s need jagged before we change the priorities. Over 50’s there’s probably more of an argument to say that they could safely be skipped over. 

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no problem with key workers being vaccinated, but if they're giving some priority it should be all of them! They're all forced by their job to be in contact with other people.

Agree, I really think supermarket workers should be considered too, as well as train and bus drivers. Sure there are more as well.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Johnson and his dithering seems to be getting taken to task this morning.  Yesterday’s figures have shocked everyone.  Also looks likeNew Zealand will keep borders closed all this year.  We are ten months too late. Up here, in the middle of the worst crisis since the war, sturgeon and co are spending time trying to get another referendum instead of concentrating fully on Covid.  We are being governed by ineffective, indecisive and weak politicians. 

I’m fairly surprised I thought they might not go for him that much. It’s not comfort but it’s something, he needs to be held accountable.