When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Its... not really. Theyve explained why they are doing a 12 week gap. It makes sense.

(Also loads of NHS people are getting the dose within 21 days anyway through spares)

Yeah loads of spares this week with the bad weather- the BIC had 300 left over going to waste this week- were trying to find people to give it to. I think people cancelled due to the storm. 

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

My Mum has just received a vaccine appointment!

JAB MY MUM!

(I know this is the news you've all been waiting for).

Same, both parents in mid 80s getting it in Scotland on Monday 

• Like 1

So when the cases started to rise the government blamed a new more transmissible variant and not accepted any blame themselves. Now when deaths are rising hitting record numbers the government has said its new the variant which is now possibly more deadly. That’s very convenient.

This is after they blamed us yesterday for cases not falling quickly enough by us not following the rules.

This all leads back to their incompetence, slow decision making and insistence of allowing Christmas. People will accept this latest excuse from them as well. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So when the cases started to rise the government blamed a new more transmissible variant and not accepted any blame themselves. Now when deaths are rising hitting record numbers the government has said its new the variant which is now possibly more deadly. That’s very convenient.

This is after they blamed us yesterday for cases not falling quickly enough by us not following the rules.

This all leads back to their incompetence, slow decision making and insistence of allowing Christmas. People will accept this latest excuse from them as well. 

There's enough independent medical evidence to show its more infectious. The increase in deaths is a different thing but may be evidence of that to.

They are obviously emphasising different aspects of it but I dont think they are making it up....

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

There's enough independent medical evidence to show its more infectious. The increase in deaths is a different thing but may be evidence of that to.

They are obviously emphasising different aspects of it but I dont think they are making it up....

They aren’t making it up but are using it to absolve themselves of blame. How convenient the timing of it is as I point out.

"It's largely the impact of this new variant that means the NHS is under such intense pressure."

No mention of their policies which have correlated to the strain on the NHS at all. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ah! Feel like it's been a long wait for someone over 90 so really glad for you.

Yeah...think it was doing her head in too...she's just been waiting for the phone call for weeks. Think she's getting the pfizer one, and it's a drive through jobby. We'll all get there in the end.

34 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They aren’t making it up but are using it to absolve themselves of blame. How convenient the timing of it is as I point out.

"It's largely the impact of this new variant that means the NHS is under such intense pressure."

No mention of their policies which have correlated to the strain on the NHS at all. 

I do feel the 'convenient  timing ' argument is the guardian, soft version of a conspiracy theory.

They fucked up in December. The new variant is more infectious and could be more fatal. They announced it publicly and released a scientific paper immediately after the press conferences. 

When you say the timings convenient, it just sounds like the conspiracy theory to me. 

I hate the tories as much as the next guy but it sounds like its stopping you looking at things in this instance in a level headed way.

Edited by zahidf
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I do feel the 'convenient  timing ' argument is the guardian, soft version of a conspiracy theory.

They fucked up in December. The new variant is more infectious and could be more fatal. They announced it publicly and released a scientific paper immediately after the press conferences. 

When you say the timings convenient, it just sounds like the conspiracy theory to me. 

I hate the tories as much as the next guy but it sounds like its stopping you looking at things in this instance in a level headed way.

I am looking at it in a level headed way, the variant is clearly an issue and is more transmissible and more deadly as a result. I don’t doubt any of it. The convenience of it all is the timing as they say that’s the reason for the deaths now being over 1k for several days now, without any self awareness of their own part in all this.

It’s hardly conspiracy stuff to doubt the rationale of a government that’s been proven to lie. 

Edited by Ozanne

Who’s responsible for the new variant ? Why have we got so many infections that have caused it ? .... keep the infections lower than the new variants have lower chances of occurring .... so they are essentially deflecting tactics to blame a new variant ...surely that’s the fault of the govt ... by not shutting things down quickly enough ?