When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m thinkinh it might be later due to the fact they seem to be so overwhelmed and still have huge numbers of admissions ... at some point the care will be overwhelmed ... and as good as the care is ... it can’t be as good with a stretched service ... 

Yes... sad but true... the death rate is going to be higher when people can’t get the full attention and care they need. Numbers in hospital are still rising even though admission is slowing... hopefully the peak in deaths is in the next couple of weeks. I unfortunately think there will be a really high figure next Wednesday.

Today has connected a few dots in my brain. Analysing what’s going on I think it’s going to be a long time before normality. The government are going to be overly cautious even with vaccinations. Measures won’t lift in any substantial form for a while.

It has to have crossed their mind that there may be a possibility of a strain resistant to the vaccine right? From how many strains have been picked up so far?

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

What exactly do you suggest? You cannot refuse entry to a UK citizen. 

Erm make them have a test at the border? Even if it’s a rapid one... better than nothing? Other countries like Italy and Spain have been sending people back without negative tests.

I thought the airlines were supposed to be stopping people getting on without a test anyway?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Today has connected a few dots in my brain. Analysing what’s going on I think it’s going to be a long time before normality. The government are going to be overly cautious even with vaccinations. Measures won’t lift in any substantial form for a while.

It has to have crossed their mind that there may be a possibility of a strain resistant to the vaccine right? From how many strains have been picked up so far?

What has driven you to this conclusion today? The announcement regarding the festival?

Totally the wrong focus again ... workplaces and people working is going to be the biggest reason for cases now ... that and sending the kids back to school for one day ... my brother is now sadly one of the consequences of that cock up ... fortunately he’s in day 10 with mild symptoms so far ... he transports covid patients for the ambulance service and has likely tested positive as a result of one of his kids going back to school ... unbelievable 

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

I thought the airlines were supposed to be stopping people getting on without a test anyway?

They have to let you board, as there are exemptions for not having a test.

They need to make you aware you may be fined on arrival.

Edited by Paul ™
Typo