When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, but it was hitting round same time as Chinese new year so there was a massive amount of movement within China, and there would already be a large amount of people infected...there were outbreaks elsewhere in China but they managed to contain them.

Whilst there is a huge amount of movement for the spring festival it's mostly people going home for family gatherings, I'm not sure there are that many native Beijing of Shanghai citizens who've headed off to the bright lights of Hubei to advance their careers. Lockdown came in to effect during the holiday so all those Wuhan natives who travelled home for Lunar New Year were stuck where they were.

That's not to say there is absolutely no travel and like you say there were small outbreaks elsewhere but when comparing China to Europe you have to remember that they just don't move around the same way we do.

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Whilst there is a huge amount of movement for the spring festival it's mostly people going home for family gatherings, I'm not sure there are that many native Beijing of Shanghai citizens who've headed off to the bright lights of Hubei to advance their careers. Lockdown came in to effect during the holiday so all those Wuhan natives who travelled home for Lunar New Year were stuck where they were.

That's not to say there is absolutely no travel and like you say there were small outbreaks elsewhere but when comparing China to Europe you have to remember that they just don't move around the same way we do.

ok...

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

They’ve changed the time frame that they report deaths between, wasn’t really a big rise all things being equal.

ah presumably thats  why we had a smaller than expected number yesterday ? 

Edited by crazyfool1

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ah presumably thats  why we had a smaller than expected number yesterday ? 

Yes I think so, I think yesterday covered 8 hours and then today covered 24 hours since 5pm yesterday, or something along those lines

Edit:

It said figures on deaths would now be recorded for the 24-hour period as of 17:00 the previous day.

Wednesday's figures - which reported 28 deaths - were not for a full 24-hour period. They covered only the eight hours from 09:00 to 17:00 on Tuesday.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

big rise in UK deaths...I wonder how high it would be without all the govt fiddling?...

the day before was (in context) a big low in deaths, so that probably explains yesterday's high numbers more than anything else.

Not happy with the govt changing the counting method tho. 

I don't know if Mrs Lycra appreciated the clap for the NHS. She probably did but was not in a place to process it..... She'd just got home, knackered and emotionally cold. The latter is self survival........She lost 1 patient.

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

I don't know if Mrs Lycra appreciated the clap for the NHS. She probably did but was not in a place to process it..... She'd just got home, knackered and emotionally cold. The latter is self survival........She lost 1 patient.

Man, what a nightmare. Just the start too.

8 minutes ago, Lycra said:

I hope she’s ok, she’s doing absolutely great work.