When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If this vaccine is less effective with old people...what then?

I think it's the case that (as a generalisation) the immunity systems have degenerated in those it doesn't work well with - which means their time is limited anyway.

(I'm not meaning to be harsh there, but life is temporary and something always gets us in the end).

2 hours ago, rascalpete said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned here but sky reporting Van Tam starting a new weekly briefing with no politicians starting today at 10am apparently. Will be joined by head of MHRA today.

JVT TV? 

Catchy.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Noticed that care home workers are right at the top of the list - I presume that's because there's a good hope that the vaccine will prevent infection not just disease.

I think that’s the case, it’s good to see them being prioritised given the importance of their work. 

45 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

1593000013_Screenshot2020-11-11at10_43_38.thumb.png.69e6dd32104b64d330175a78c08750d9.png

Not sure if these are only meant to be posted when Labour is in the lead or what..

I think this is a more realistic representation of how the land lies post Corbyn sacking.

Starmer can’t win without the left. Biden would not have been able to win without the left. Thats the reality.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

I think this is a more realistic representation of how the land lies post Corbyn sacking.

Starmer can’t win without the left. Biden would not have been able to win without the left. Thats the reality.

I think it is best to wait for another few polls. It is just one poll and I think MOE is like 3 percent.

One thing I am sure of though is no way the Greens get 5% in an actual election, and around 3% of that will go back to Labour around election time.

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

One of our Glastonbury group (Who also helps run FMS) used to work with him, she says he has a wicked sense of humour. 

It kind of comes across especially the other day where he nearly cracked up describing R falling below zero. 😆

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

There were people reading this thread, so pretty switched on people, that felt that a national lockdown shouldn't happen because numbers were much lower in some places than others. Getting across the idea that, if the numbers are going up, they will keep going up unless we do something, regardless of how much or how little they're going up by seems to have been a real stumbling block in communications. It should only be if numbers are going down that we decide we can safely do nothing.

I recall seeing some graphs showing cases coming down in the north west before Lockdown... just sayin. :)