When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

When you think about it that is kind of gross though...

This is great news on the vaccine, following a great weekend of it. Things are on the up :)

Will be watching the presser. Presume it's vaccine plus a note to be a bit cautious for a while longer until people actually get the vaccine.

They’ll touch on the vaccine but I think they’ll speaking about the mass testing pilot done in Liverpool over the weekend. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I think so. Plenty of other countries do it, it's a small ask that will make a big difference. Of course, there'll still be countless conspiracy twats refusing to do it; and I'm really skeptical of most of these people that say they're "exempt"

I've no intention of wearing a mask on public transport when this has finally gone.  Fuck that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've no intention of wearing a mask on public transport when this has finally gone.  Fuck that.

I think as people begin to return to some more normality the wearing of masks will quickly fade out . I do think though a lasting affect maybe that a lot more people just wear them in winter as a matter of course . And if that stops spread of any infections in a small way that's good 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

I'd certainly like to see us adopt a socially responsible attitude to mask wearing (i.e., wear one when you aren't well or are recovering from a bug and might still be infectious). Can't see them staying mandatory on public transport ad infinitum, but a greater awareness of how they can help limit infections now exists and would be good to see us capitalise on that (plus, we all have loads of them now!). 

That's the etiquette in Asia rather than sneezing all over people and coughing a lung up!!! I work in an office and quite frankly people's hygiene is the pits, if one good thing comes out of this will be people being more hygienic

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

The BBC article is interesting - reads in two parts. A) It’s been tested on 45k people and no safety concerns 

b) the data is based on just 94 volunteers who caught COVID.

Exciting news but need to be measured about it.

Also, we have enough for 20m in the UK as you need two doses.

I agree.

My post was more about the self interested media undermining the whole operation to get themselves a few sales/clicks.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I doubt it. They very much wants things back to normal asap

Save my quote for three months time.
One of the many, many examples is that the media was pushing for lockdown until the day that lockdown was announced and ever since the headlines have been about why we didn’t need to lock down so I can’t see them suddenly putting the interests of the country ahead of their own sales when a vaccine comes out.