When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Trouble is... I don't want to go back to the office.

Many many companies will keep WFH for at least half the week. I already agreed with my employer that I’ll be mainly home based going forward. 

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Masks on public transport should stay IMO

Permanently?

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I think so. Plenty of other countries do it, it's a small ask that will make a big difference. Of course, there'll still be countless conspiracy twats refusing to do it; and I'm really skeptical of most of these people that say they're "exempt"

I wouldn’t hate it if we do keep them permanently, but I’d rather not, mainly because it’s not ideal for me to wear my contact lenses every day and glasses are pretty incompatible with masks. Is it actually the case that wearing face coverings on public transport is the norm in other countries outside of the pandemic? I know some choose to wear them in Asian countries but I thought it was still the minority. 

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Masks on public transport should stay IMO

I'd certainly like to see us adopt a socially responsible attitude to mask wearing (i.e., wear one when you aren't well or are recovering from a bug and might still be infectious). Can't see them staying mandatory on public transport ad infinitum, but a greater awareness of how they can help limit infections now exists and would be good to see us capitalise on that (plus, we all have loads of them now!). 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t know where I am either. I knew I was high risk at the start but that was because of the medication I was taking but I’m not taking that at the moment. 

same as me I would imagine .... no letter drops us down 1 rung in the ladder .... 

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Trouble is... I don't want to go back to the office.

I can't see most firms will go fully back to being in the office . If it's been working effectively it will continue .

I expect to be working as I am now 2 days one week 3 the next in office for good tbh 

7 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I'd certainly like to see us adopt a socially responsible attitude to mask wearing (i.e., wear one when you aren't well or are recovering from a bug and might still be infectious). Can't see them staying mandatory on public transport ad infinitum, but a greater awareness of how they can help limit infections now exists and would be good to see us capitalise on that (plus, we all have loads of them now!). 

Yeah, like in Japan.

Won't happen here though.