When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I hate it...but ages ago I wanted to sign up to ask a question on here about tickets...and it's all I could think of.

Name changes are available if you ask ... but stick with this it’s how we know you now just seen another post saying same ... was catching up 

Edited by crazyfool1

43 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

That's good to know - I just don't really know where this perception that schools are at fault has come from, same with universities - granted they played a part but if they didnt test their students would they have been blamed? Did their proactive testing make them a target?

A fair few of the town's high up the list aren't university towns at all! 

That argument could be extended to the whole country if you took it far enough...

I think because the education side is so important (thankfully not my problem and never will be - hate kids!) - this is, and probably should be, it now until this is over. 

People have shown they can't be trusted - whatever we reopen while schools are still going will push the R rate too high, so this has to be our reality until whatever point it's finished.

And they can't keep paying furlough so I think we're in a bit of a spot...

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

I just find it weird, that out of all the people in the world, all the crimes and awful things done, some people still feel the need to endlessly lay into Jeremy Corbyn, and think after all the perpetual vilification of the last few years, he's even now supposed to collapse on his knees and plead for forgiveness and acknowledge he is the greatest monster of modern times rather than defend himself in any way.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I’m fine with the argument that schools are too essential to close, but I also think that it’s going to be nigh on impossible to get the R number down below 1 with them open. It’s a trade off. 

I’d be looking at moving lessons online for year 10 and above since those kids will work better from home than younger ones and are also much bigger virus spreaders. Years 7-9 should be taught in person but with face coverings. Years 1-6 in person without masks. 

13 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I just find it weird, that out of all the people in the world, all the crimes and awful things done, some people still feel the need to endlessly lay into Jeremy Corbyn, and think after all the perpetual vilification of the last few years, he's even now supposed to collapse on his knees and plead for forgiveness and acknowledge he is the greatest monster of modern times rather than defend himself in any way.

he could just accept the report's findings, for the sake of drawing a line under this whole episode...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just talking to my teacher friend and she thinks secondary schools should close as that age group can handle online learning better but primary schools need to stay open as they need the more hands on education. 

I teach secondary and I think there will be some form of closures before the December 2nd date. 

Personally, I think attendance throughout the week should be staggered, so X year groups in X days a week etc. to reduce the amount of bodies in schools. The bubbles idea has not worked and there is a lot of cross-bubble mixing due to limited classroom space. Also with transport to and from school, separation of bubbles has been impossible from the get-go. Having a limited year groups in on certain days would help that. 

• Upvote 1

Went on a wild improvised drunken dash into London last night. Good news is that mask compliance on the tube was really high Also, I said on here ages ago that I went to a comedy club that had zero Covid measures. Well, it is now the most Covid-proof place I've been in. Plastic sheeting between every single row of chairs and you have to sit at least three chairs from the next party of punters. QR code on the seats to order all drinks (though annoyingly didn't work in the dark!). Also, Seann Walsh rocked up unannounced and was v funny.

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Interestingly Starmer is disagreeing and saying schools should stay open but teachers should be considered like NHS staff and get priority access to tests. It seems like a very sensible idea and should enable schools to stay open as long as possible.