When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

31 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Tonight was the first time we've had trouble getting people out of the bar since the 10pm curfew came in. Only one group and absolutely nothing compared too horror stories I've heard from mates but I had to get fairly full on before they'd listen

If you don’t mind me asking, what happened? Soz for being nosey. 

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what happened? Soz for being nosey. 

Nothing major at all. Just a group of 5 lads who still had fullish drinks at 10 o clock and wouldnt drink up or leave. 3 were fine when I told them they had to go but a couple, including one who was a bit of a meat head just tried getting a bit intimidating. Like I said, comarpared to stories I've heard it was nothing but interesting it was the last Saturday before lock down and we'd had no trouble at all previously. I missed the last last week before lockdown cos I was isolating with symptoms and that sounded bad. 

Be interesting to see what happens to accommodation bookings. In the 3 hours between the press conference and my shift ending we had a lot of cancellations for the lockdown period, unsurprisingly. But also quite a few bookings come in for the next 3 days. We were looking really quiet but I reckon well fill up a bit until Wednesday now

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

Nothing major at all. Just a group of 5 lads who still had fullish drinks at 10 o clock and wouldnt drink up or leave. 3 were fine when I told them they had to go but a couple, including one who was a bit of a meat head just tried getting a bit intimidating. Like I said, comarpared to stories I've heard it was nothing but interesting it was the last Saturday before lock down and we'd had no trouble at all previously. I missed the last last week before lockdown cos I was isolating with symptoms and that sounded bad. 

Be interesting to see what happens to accommodation bookings. In the 3 hours between the press conference and my shift ending we had a lot of cancellations for the lockdown period, unsurprisingly. But also quite a few bookings come in for the next 3 days. We were looking really quiet but I reckon well fill up a bit until Wednesday now

At least that’s something, I hope business picks up when it’s allowed to again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Nothing major at all. Just a group of 5 lads who still had fullish drinks at 10 o clock and wouldnt drink up or leave

I had a doorman trying to usher me out of the door at 9:45 while I still had half a pint. I looked at my watchless wrist and told him to not to worry my pint will be gone by 10 and I was out of the door then

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I had a doorman trying to usher me out of the door at 9:45 while I still had half a pint. I looked at my watchless wrist and told him to not to worry my pint will be gone by 10 and I was out of the door then

We've generally been pretty chilled about it. Go round the tables at about 9.15/20 and see if anyone wants any more drinks. Call last orders at 9.30 and then people have usually been pretty good and made their own way out before 10 with just the odd few needing pointing in the direction of the door. Just these guys tonight

Think I'm going to avoid going out until after the lockdown starts. Fully expect the shops and hospitality to be absolutely mental. 

Went out today and already detected people feeling really aggy or on one last bender.

Not sure if I'm just projecting though!

Edited by Leyrulion

Waiting on the test results but now definitely working on the assumption I have COVID.

Was hoping I was overreacting and it was just a cold but having been up since 2.30am with my chest feeling like what I can only assume a 40 a day smokers would I fear the dreaded rona has bitten me :(

• Like 1

£12 BILLION on the useless track and trace system. I have it on my phone and, sadly, can confirm that it indeed useless, Yes, read that again and weep.....£12 fucking BILLION!

To put this in context, £12bn is more than the entire general practice budget.

Read all about it from George Monbiot

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/28/england-coronavirus-covid-test-and-trace-teenagers

Angry does not even begin to describe how I feel right now.

I was in the centre of Liverpool yesterday and it was busy, but probably not quite to normal weekend standards.

There were present though, a contingent of anti-maskers protesting. I never got too close to them but I could hear them for a while. They told a friend of mine to "take her muzzle off!" and when I saw them marching past with placards, one of them said "FREE OUR CHILDREN!" on one side and "#PIZZAGATE" on the other 🤦‍♀️

These people... I despair.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Waiting on the test results but now definitely working on the assumption I have COVID.

Was hoping I was overreacting and it was just a cold but having been up since 2.30am with my chest feeling like what I can only assume a 40 a day smokers would I fear the dreaded rona has bitten me :(

Take care (and stay home!).

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Sorry to hear that, keep well 

Just now, st dan said:

In my head, I’m fully expecting this to last until the end of February. I mean, there is just no way it can be lifted whilst  we remain in winter. 

I can't see it lasting that long, unless perhaps the schools being open proves to be a big factor in spreading covid.

I do think a further lockdown might happen just after xmas, to take advantage of schools being closed, and to try and hide some of the worst chaos of brexit by slowing down cross-channel trade.

1 minute ago, st dan said:

In my head, I’m fully expecting this to last until the end of February. I mean, there is just no way it can be lifted whilst  we remain in winter. 

I'm hoping they are to rework the tier system - with a tier being the same as rules announced yesterday with a suite of support measures based on tier. Perhaps something linked to hospital capacity that is the trigger for moving tier. 

I doubt it though.

If gove is saying the restrictions might last longer ... they will last longer .... I think 2 weeks longer ... that is what one of the scientists on the bbc was saying last night the would need ... that will tie in with people and offices finishing for xmas or close ... the shops will be bedlam for a week ... I’m getting all my xmas presents ordered online today ... when people might recieve them is a different matter though