• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• crazyfool1

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

I'm not going to guess the number of cases today because I think that's past it's sell-by date but I'll say that we had 15,650 last Friday and we really want to start seeing some flat lines in the 7 day rolling average so hopefully it's not much higher than last week's figure. I'm not confident though.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The world has gone mad ... it’s good to see McDonald’s providing funding for kids to have happy meals ... McDonald’s and Rashford joining my list of likes ... I’d never thought I’d see the day ... 

Scotland has 5 Tiers (or levels).

• Level zero - eight people from three households can meet indoors. Most businesses would be open. Ms Sturgeon said this is the "closest to normality we can safely get to without more effective treatments or a vaccine"
  • Level one - six people from two households can meet indoors. This level would offer a "reasonable degree of normality"
  • Level two - limitations on hospitality and no gatherings inside people's homes. This will be broadly similar to current restrictions outside Scotland' central belt
  • Level three - much of hospitality closed completely, although restaurants may be able to open. Similar to current central belt restrictions
  • Level four - Closer to full lockdown, but six people from two households would still be able to meet outdoors. This would not be used "unless absolutely necessary"
1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Scotland has 5 Tiers (or levels).

• Level zero - eight people from three households can meet indoors. Most businesses would be open. Ms Sturgeon said this is the "closest to normality we can safely get to without more effective treatments or a vaccine"
  • Level one - six people from two households can meet indoors. This level would offer a "reasonable degree of normality"
  • Level two - limitations on hospitality and no gatherings inside people's homes. This will be broadly similar to current restrictions outside Scotland' central belt
  • Level three - much of hospitality closed completely, although restaurants may be able to open. Similar to current central belt restrictions
  • Level four - Closer to full lockdown, but six people from two households would still be able to meet outdoors. This would not be used "unless absolutely necessary"

Annoying it isn’t 1-5 rather than 0-4 .. but that slight annoyance aside, this seems to make sense and is fairly clear and easy to understand. 

21 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I thought this at the time. I think she worked the name of her company into the first interview she did, which I found quite off putting.

I did still chuck a tenner in in the early stages - clearly too much of a sucker :)

To be fair, I gave Captain Tom absolutely fuck all. I know, I know, I'm a hero...

Just now, steviewevie said:

can't get better than level 0

No that’s true, but a 5 tiered plan that actually ends with a number 4 just doesn’t sit right with my mild OCD and need for things to be in a correct order!

1 minute ago, st dan said:

No that’s true, but a 5 tiered plan that actually ends with a number 4 just doesn’t sit right with my mild OCD and need for things to be in a correct order!

tenor.gif.d3a89f17f4e4c363f82e7e0b8a311747.gif

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, st dan said:

Annoying it isn’t 1-5 rather than 0-4 .. but that slight annoyance aside, this seems to make sense and is fairly clear and easy to understand. 

I think it is so levels 1-3 are roughly analogous to levels 1-3 in England.

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

It is absurd. The intention to protect small businesses is good, but in reality they’ve just shovelled a wad of cash to Amazon who won’t pay any fucking tax anyway. 

I don't think it makes sense from the point of view of protecting small businesses, but I do think there's an argument that it discourages people from going to a supermarket as a leisure activity, same as they would "go shopping" normally. Therefore keeping numbers down and making them safer.