Jump to content

When will this shit end?


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Should be having my first test for the ONS study today. Guy called me this morning and coming over later. I'm a bit nervous about it as have heard they're horrible! Guess we'll see.

Having done two self-swab tests myself in the last week (under supervision) I can confirm they're not as bad as my expectations built it up to be. I think it would be more uncomfortable to have someone else do it to you though, I guess just not having the control over the thing you're sticking into the back of your throat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • steviewevie

    4927

  • Ozanne

    3608

  • crazyfool1

    3529

  • zahidf

    2334

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

If people really don't give a toss about catching CV and want to live their lives, I'd be happy for them to do so.

Condition is that they follow the same tracking and isolation protocols as the rest of us, and waive right to hospital treatment for themselves and their households in the event they catch it.

Face the day with courage in your heart, but don't grumble when you're hacking your last at home on your own.

You want someone who catches a virus through no fault of their own (it's a microscopic pathogen) to be denied hospital treatment should they need it, because you might not fully agree with their 'behaviour'?

I mean, I've read some responses, but that's impressive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2000 Trees and ArcTanGent festivals did not receive any money from the government’s cultural recovery fund. They should be fine thanks to the generosity of their punters but it must be so disheartening to read the words you’re deemed ‘culturally insignificant’ on top of the bad news you haven’t been chosen. Where’s the tact?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stu H said:

You want someone who catches a virus through no fault of their own (it's a microscopic pathogen) to be denied hospital treatment should they need it, because you might not fully agree with their 'behaviour'?

I mean, I've read some responses, but that's impressive.

No, I don't want anyone to catch it at all. I'm not a monster. Ish.

My point, albeit probably badly made as this pisses me off so much, is that people can be very vocal about "I've had my life" and "I'll take the risk" and "if I catch it, so be it". But because this is a situation that is affecting EVERYONE, it's an incredibly selfish take. And if they were presented with those conditions of their bravura "I'll take my chances" approach, I would wager my house that most of them would pipe down pretty damn sharpish.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Having done two self-swab tests myself in the last week (under supervision) I can confirm they're not as bad as my expectations built it up to be. I think it would be more uncomfortable to have someone else do it to you though, I guess just not having the control over the thing you're sticking into the back of your throat. 

I had to stop and spit a couple of times while doing the throat part of the test. Wouldn’t be pleasant having someone else doing it for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

2000 Trees and ArcTanGent festivals did not receive any money from the government’s cultural recovery fund. They should be fine thanks to the generosity of their punters but it must be so disheartening to read the words you’re deemed ‘culturally insignificant’ on top of the bad news you haven’t been chosen. Where’s the tact?

 Not sure what the criteria is but these are two festivals who seem from the outside to be doing everything the right way and for the right reasons.Crazy.

 

Edited by rivalschools.price
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Quark said:

No, I don't want anyone to catch it at all. I'm not a monster. Ish.

My point, albeit probably badly made as this pisses me off so much, is that people can be very vocal about "I've had my life" and "I'll take the risk" and "if I catch it, so be it". But because this is a situation that is affecting EVERYONE, it's an incredibly selfish take. And if they were presented with those conditions of their bravura "I'll take my chances" approach, I would wager my house that most of them would pipe down pretty damn sharpish.

Yep, thought that was clear in your previous post. If the decision of people who opted for 'we just have to live with it' only impacted themselves, then fair enough, but it doesn't because they will spread virus, increasing the pressure on the nhs, leading to cancelled cancer treatment and other operations (and possibly overloading it to the extent that people can't get treatment for anything). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You really do not have a clue Matt. Might be one of the dumbest things I've read on here.

Doesn't Biden have something like a 30 point lead in California? A couple of the house races are neck and neck, but there's no way on earth Trump wins California! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Having done two self-swab tests myself in the last week (under supervision) I can confirm they're not as bad as my expectations built it up to be. I think it would be more uncomfortable to have someone else do it to you though, I guess just not having the control over the thing you're sticking into the back of your throat. 

Cheers! Yeah I see some people saying it's not that bad and some saying it's horrendous. I guess we'll see. I think I might be doing it myself under supervision but not sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Doesn't Biden have something like a 30 point lead in California? A couple of the house races are neck and neck, but there's no way on earth Trump wins California! 

Yes but Matt made it pretty clear: he's had a funny feeling about it. So there you go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Homer said:

Also, Marcus Rashford has been tearing it up on Twitter all morning.

ive had to temporary mute him for all the help hes getting .... my twitter feed is all of help for kids which is great :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the whole debate. 

I have to say it was actually an exciting debate in my opinion. Both candidates did a hell of lot better than last time.

Biden actually laid out a plan last night. A plan that made me have some hope for America. He talks about Bidencare and the transition to sustainable energy. He talks about accountability and how he would straight away tackle covid when he got into power. He talked about the fact that Trump has constantly spoke about plans and new healthcare but never actually released any information. I think anyone with half a brain cell could see Trump is lying about anything he says is coming "very soon" including his tax returns, healthcare and a vaccine. I think if none of those come before Election Day, a lot of people may not be inspired to vote Trump.

Trump tried to sow doubt in Biden, with the hunter emails and Biden's past crime bill hurting Black Americans. But Biden called his crime bill a mistake and said he'd had been fixing it. Trump keep asking Biden, why he couldn't get anything passed in the 8 years under Obama and Biden FINALLY said it was because a republican senate was blocking him. Trump also said some crazy insane things about wind-power. That it kills birds and causes cancer. Which is conspiratory and will play to his q-anon base. But I suspect that base won't be enough to help him win. 

I think if politics hadn't been warped over the years you could say Biden easily won that debate. Becauase so many of trumps statements were baseless and easily disproven. But whether that matters to a lot of Americans is to be seen. If you say Trump won that debate, then all Biden could do to win over voters would be to spew conspiracies and hate speech. But yes I understand the pessimist who grow in everyone in 2016, doesn't want to get their hopes up for Biden. When Trump could still take it. 

Trump actually knew how to Debate and campaign last time. This time he has become desperate and sweaty. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Doesn't Biden have something like a 30 point lead in California? A couple of the house races are neck and neck, but there's no way on earth Trump wins California! 

This is the polling average for California.

BFFCAE60-8432-4051-B7BA-B8D50F0D16A5.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Paging @Toilet Duck  With the covid vaccines in development I understand it’s likely they may not stop you catching Covid, but may reduce the strength of the disease course.
 

If that is the case do we have any idea if those people who are vaccinated and who do contract COVID, will be less infectious than individuals who aren’t vaccinated?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I watched the whole debate. 

I have to say it was actually an exciting debate in my opinion. Both candidates did a hell of lot better than last time.

Biden actually laid out a plan last night. A plan that made me have some hope for America. He talks about Bidencare and the transition to sustainable energy. He talks about accountability and how he would straight away tackle covid when he got into power. He talked about the fact that Trump has constantly spoke about plans and new healthcare but never actually released any information. I think anyone with half a brain cell could see Trump is lying about anything he says is coming "very soon" including his tax returns, healthcare and a vaccine. I think if none of those come before Election Day, a lot of people may not be inspired to vote Trump.

Trump tried to sow doubt in Biden, with the hunter emails and Biden's past crime bill hurting Black Americans. But Biden called his crime bill a mistake and said he'd had been fixing it. Trump keep asking Biden, why he couldn't get anything passed in the 8 years under Obama and Biden FINALLY said it was because a republican senate was blocking him. Trump also said some crazy insane things about wind-power. That it kills birds and causes cancer. Which is conspiratory and will play to his q-anon base. But I suspect that base won't be enough to help him win. 

I think if politics hadn't been warped over the years you could say Biden easily won that debate. Becauase so many of trumps statements were baseless and easily disproven. But whether that matters to a lot of Americans is to be seen. If you say Trump won that debate, then all Biden could do to win over voters would be to spew conspiracies and hate speech. But yes I understand the pessimist who grow in everyone in 2016, doesn't want to get their hopes up for Biden. When Trump could still take it. 

Trump actually knew how to Debate and campaign last time. This time he has become desperate and sweaty. 

Cheers for the precis - v interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Should be having my first test for the ONS study today. Guy called me this morning and coming over later. I'm a bit nervous about it as have heard they're horrible! Guess we'll see.

I had a covid test when I was in hospital a few weeks ago. I have a terrible gag reflex, so I told the nurse who then put on a pair of goggles! 😄

I gagged a little bit but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Uncomfortable for a moment but nothing to get worried about!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Stu H said:

You want someone who catches a virus through no fault of their own (it's a microscopic pathogen) to be denied hospital treatment should they need it, because you might not fully agree with their 'behaviour'?

I mean, I've read some responses, but that's impressive.

How about phrasing it a different way: priority for hospital care should be given to those who don't break the law.

That seems reasonable, but it's not happening at the moment. People are dying because of undiagnosed cancer and restrictions on treatments available, while the NHS treats some people that are only in hospital because they decided the virus was a hoax or they were going to get on with it regardless.

(This is all theorycrafting anyway as obviously there's no simple way to know who is and isn't following the rules. If there was, and if hospital treatment was contingent on people following the rules, a lot more people would be doing so).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Punksnotdead said:

I had a covid test when I was in hospital a few weeks ago. I have a terrible gag reflex, so I told the nurse who then put on a pair of goggles! 😄

I gagged a little bit but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. Uncomfortable for a moment but nothing to get worried about!

Thanks! I think I'll probably be okay. Hope so as am signing up to do it semi regularly for this study...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

How about phrasing it a different way: priority for hospital care should be given to those who don't break the law.

That seems reasonable, but it's not happening at the moment. People are dying because of undiagnosed cancer and restrictions on treatments available, while the NHS treats some people that are only in hospital because they decided the virus was a hoax or they were going to get on with it regardless.

(This is all theorycrafting anyway as obviously there's no simple way to know who is and isn't following the rules. If there was, and if hospital treatment was contingent on people following the rules, a lot more people would be doing so).

Not even that, as not everyone who breaks the law will be doing it so wilfully.

But as you say it's entirely theoretical.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...