When will this shit end?

I am now in tier 3 with a rolling rate of 220..4 but people in Edgemond & Church Aston with a rolling rate of 786.4 are not. How can this be classed as fair or a sensible way of controlling the spread. 

image.thumb.png.cab2f4f73b32bddf71a9b7928e467c3a.pngimage.thumb.png.9c078f3e1f795aca8f16eac19a4b25ad.png

• Replies 40.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• crazyfool1

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Albert's Schloss is having you order your drinks in advance with your meal. 

So £12 meal and drink, £16 for two drinks, £20 for meal and 3 drinks. 

This is why tier 3 is ridiculous, everyone is finding ways around it. Don't know of many places actually closing. 

This is imaginative..

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So what scandal are we going to get today ... it feels like a daily thing from the torys at the moment ... 

Mark Francois managed to get in his vote to starve kids last night... Haven’t seen him for a while.

7 hours ago, kemistry said:

As someone who works in hospitality, I have no idea how any bar is still operating in a Tier2/3 area. Since the 10pm and table service rules came in our weekly take has halved, which is completely unsustainable. Expect a lot of independents to close in the coming weeks!

I went to two beer gardens yesterday evening with Miss Afro and a friend of hers, we sat outside in the rain as per the tier 2 rules, but both places explicitly told us that we could do a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy on whether we were from the same household and basically invited us to sit inside. Looking at the inside of both pubs, they were busy with groups of 4-6 who didn’t exactly look like they were all from the same household.

Tier 2 rules look like they’re not widely enforced to me. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Mark Francois managed to get in his vote to starve kids last night... Haven’t seen him for a while.

Has he been mysteriously absent from Parliament for the last few months?

We’re in Tier 3, and my wife now gets a weekly test in the hospital she works at. Results were back around 12 hours later. So that is some good news and shows signs of progress in helping to tackle this. 

Such hyperbolic language used again by Fuzzy. Why do you insist on trying to rile people up?

They haven’t said Christmas is cancelled they are doing what I suggested the PM should be doing and preparing people that Christmas won’t be normal. The quote is:

‘I’m hopeful costs now may get us a more normal family Christmas but Christmas is not going to be normal; there’s absolutely no question about that.

We’re not going to be in large family groupings with multiple families coming round. That is fiction for this year, but I’m hopeful if we can get the numbers down to a certain level we may be able to get some form of normality but people should get their digital Christmas ready.’

all this Christmas talk is really sad. 

Usually by this time in the year im one of them really annoying people thats already well excited for Christmas, all my shopping almost done, what paper will i get what ribbon will i get..  but im just not excited this year :( 

probably cos all of 2020 is a shitshow but its still sad

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

So, Tier2 areas to get more funding...but at same time Manchester and other areas have effectively been in Tier2 since the summer.

They have, but by all accounts the "no household mixing" rule was being ignored pretty much universally. The new Tier 2 legislation includes large fixed penalties, and puts the onus on the business not to break the rules "by neglect". 

Manchester pubs and restaurants should have asked for funding from the get go and closed, rather than opened, ignored the rules, and pretended it was all fine, while case numbers went up.

54 minutes ago, Copperface said:

This is imaginative..

Imaginative, shows how stupid the rules are, but equally it doesn't take a genius to see that the virus doesn't care if it's a business meeting or mates getting together. It'll do nothing but force them to close the loophole.

38 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I went to two beer gardens yesterday evening with Miss Afro and a friend of hers, we sat outside in the rain as per the tier 2 rules, but both places explicitly told us that we could do a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy on whether we were from the same household and basically invited us to sit inside. Looking at the inside of both pubs, they were busy with groups of 4-6 who didn’t exactly look like they were all from the same household.

Tier 2 rules look like they’re not widely enforced to me. 

Yeah, well they're expecting bars and restaurants to enforce it and lose a load of business.

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

And no turkeys 🦃 either ... supply problems with workers and quarunteen an issue ... plenty on the front bench should we run short though 

Yeah my mate is gutted he normally works on the farms leading up to Christmas because they needed someone who had experience handling cocks 

Edited by gazzared
Spelling
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

all this Christmas talk is really sad. 

Usually by this time in the year im one of them really annoying people thats already well excited for Christmas, all my shopping almost done, what paper will i get what ribbon will i get..  but im just not excited this year :( 

probably cos all of 2020 is a shitshow but its still sad

I think the best way to look at things is that it’s going to be an alternative one ... try to focus on a different way of celebrating it ... not sure how yet ... maybe some people on here , will have some creative ways of doing it ... it hopefully will just be the once in a lifetime of Christmas days that will be different ... I think mine will be on my own but I’ve kind of accepted that long ago