When will this shit end?

2 hours ago, Copperface said:

In dodgy territory when we start taking anything that discredited "Prof" Karol Sikora says seriously. That's doubled down by being published in the Speccy. Hard right funded loon and very right leaning journal is not a good mix.

Why do you put prof in quotation marks? Is he no longer a professor? How has he been discredited?

• Replies 41.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviewevie

• Ozanne

• crazyfool1

• zahidf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on a music festival message board it’s a legitimate question to ask. It doesn’t suggest the OP doesn’t give a shit about anything else. Of course there are much bigger things to be worrie

I can’t get the following thought out of my head and it’s making the old bottom lip wobble: Wednesday evening at the 2021 festival, the sun has been out all day but temperature not stifling, perf

Howdy folks...sorry I'm late to the party! Was in a meeting and could see notifications coming up! So, looks very promising indeed. The vaccinated group not only didn't develop severe disease, bu

Posted Images

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Well it’s 10 weeks untill xmas so 2 /3 weeks now would also cover new year celebrations and then lockdown again in quietest period of year ... apart from gyms ... 

True, but I'm not sure we want cases to be at the end of the upwards curve right at the point of Christmas/New Year celebrations. If so, the third wave in January could be when the NHS finally breaks. Some kind of circuit break in early December may make sense in order to buy some maneuvering room over the busy period.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I'm sorry to go on about this again but there won't be any normality at Christmas, certainly what we are used too. I think the sooner we as a society get used to that idea the better. If people are expecting to be able to go round all the houses they normally do and have the normal large family gathering then I would imagine they are going to be disappointed. The rules might be relaxed slightly in some areas but that might not be the right course of action. That's what I think the PM should be doing, preparing people for this outcome.

I'm sorry to be all doom and gloom especially with something like Christmas but there won't be normality for this year I'm afraid.

I don't think there will be either, but we know the government will sure as hell try to make it happe

My family have been prepping for different scenarios as you have mentioned so I agree they need to try and get the idea across it may not happen as usual 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm sorry to go on about this again but there won't be any normality at Christmas, certainly what we are used too. I think the sooner we as a society get used to that idea the better. If people are expecting to be able to go round all the houses they normally do and have the normal large family gathering then I would imagine they are going to be disappointed. The rules might be relaxed slightly in some areas but that might not be the right course of action. That's what I think the PM should be doing, preparing people for this outcome.

I'm sorry to be all doom and gloom especially with something like Christmas but there won't be normality for this year I'm afraid.

By relaxations over Christmas, I mean groups of 10-12 maximum. Not massive parties. 

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

I don't think there will be either, but we know the government will sure as hell try to make it happe

My family have been prepping for different scenarios as you have mentioned so I agree they need to try and get the idea across it may not happen as usual 

Good for you and your family, it's the sensible thing to do be doing, plan ahead for every eventuality.

I can only imagine what would happen if Christmas was allowed with minimal restrictions all round the country, especially if we haven't fully got on top of the current wave now. It could be awful.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

By relaxations over Christmas, I mean groups of 10-12 maximum. Not massive parties. 

That's not normality then. Besides 10-12 people all together in houses with no windows open, drinking and with possible at risk people present would be a mistake in my opinion. 

Just now, Euphoricape said:

Lockdown 26th October 6pm

Ends 16th November.

Thats my best guess.

3 weeks rather than 2 to make sure it makes a big difference.

They best get a bloody move on then ... 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

There's no way. It would be insane to throw away all the hard work of restrictions for 1 day surely...?

Edited by Euphoricape
Typo
Just now, Ozanne said:

Good for you and your family, it's the sensible thing to do be doing, plan ahead for every eventuality.

I can only imagine what would happen if Christmas was allowed with minimal restrictions all round the country, especially if we haven't fully got on top of the current wave now. It could be awful.

That's not normality then. Besides 10-12 people all together in houses with no windows open, drinking and with possible at risk people present would be a mistake in my opinion. 

I’ll be attending my family Christmas as usual and we’ll break the rules if need be. There’s only 6 of us though so chances are it’ll be allowed. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’ll be attending my family Christmas as usual and we’ll break the rules if need be. There’s only 6 of us though so chances are it’ll be allowed. 

That’s very noble of you ... breaking rules that won’t exist .... I’m gonna break my own rules by gathering myself in front of the tv 📺 for the day .. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I know you want a reaction, so all I'll say is I hope if/when the time comes you change your mind and think of those around you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The rule of 6 coming back would be a relaxation - probably as far as they'll go with a bit of a blind eye turned if people have like 8. Perhaps with a "try to isolate for a bit before you go", "don't go if you're showing symptoms",  and perhaps an extra school holiday week at the start

Just now, steviewevie said:

circuit break over christmas surely...whilst everyone is inside watching shite on the tv and stuffing their faces.

I would selfishly love this. I work over Christmas normally so this would equal the best Christmas I will have had in years!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

The rule of 6 coming back would be a relaxation - probably as far as they'll go with a bit of a blind eye turned if people have like 8. Perhaps with a "try to isolate for a bit before you go", "don't go if you're showing symptoms",  and perhaps an extra school holiday week at the start

Was planning to take a test at my own expense before travelling 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I hope he’s not accusing my relatives of being vulnerable if that’s what he means 

lol 'accusing someone of being vulnerable'. Why do you say that like it's a bad thing? Having a condition that could make you vulnerable is nothing to be ashamed of.