When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Still can’t believe that any Brexit negotiations are happening at all given these alarming COVID times the whole of Europe is currently experiencing. Any time spent by leaders discussing it is lost time they should be spending guiding their nations through a deadly pandemic. 

Edited by st dan

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Still can’t believe that any Brexit negotiations are happening at all given these alarming COVID times the whole of Europe is currently experiencing. Any time should be spent by leaders discussing it is lost time they should be spending guiding their nations through a deadly pandemic. 

It’s a perfectly acceptable reason to delay Brexit. Even the most delusional Brexiteer would agree with a temporary hold on things right now. 

But our country is run by disaster capitalists who are turning the situation into massive personal profits. 

Will see what happens when Biden wins the election and if his pro Ireland stance will have an effect on border negotiations. That will force the government into making a deal of some sort. 

8 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

I know someone who worked on the vote leave campaign, it’s always been the plan, otherwise the tories and all their hedge fund pals wouldn’t have bet on it happening. They stand to profit off a no deal, that’s why they’re pushing it through.

Even though I knew it was coming, it still makes me want to cry however

You're right, it has always been about the biggest heist in British history. I suspect that the architects of Brexit and those that stand to profit from it will be inwardly (and maybe outwardly) smiling at the ongoing pandemic chaos as the Covid recession can be used to hide the true impact of a no deal exit. 

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s really not that bad having to cut down physical social interaction for a short period of time. 

We have the internet so there’s no reason for conversations to stop with anyone. As long as you can have a support bubble, not being able to go to the pub for a short period of time isn’t the end of the world. 

I agree, I struggle to understand people who find this the greatest suffering in the world- have they never moved somewhere where they don't know anyone? Or had friends or family who live in a different town or country? Or been broke for a prolonged period of time where you can't afford to go out or do anything for months on end? 

I get it's a lot harder for people who live alone or live in cramped accommodation or in difficult home relationships or circumstances, but it feels like a lot of the more vocal people in the media are mainly angered that they can't do their hobbies

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

At least 50% chance it lasts more than 5 years imo 

These are both magic numbers, it's like me saying there's a 95% chance it lasts 4 weeks. 

If you're feeling doomed and see no end in site join the club! (think we all have those moments these days), but no need to put numbers on it

Edited by Mr.Tease

12 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Instead of Santa bringing presents this year he should just fly around the world vaccinating everyone 

Probably a better chance of Santa distributing the vaccine successfully than whoever the government ends up outsourcing it to

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

These Northern leaders were never getting what they wanted out of this - I admire them for trying but they've been put in their place now unfortunately 

I think they knew that all along - but what they have done is stand up for the people they represent and show the government to be exactly what they are. 

Sometimes a bit of daylight is the best disinfectant....

38 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

I know someone who worked on the vote leave campaign, it’s always been the plan, otherwise the tories and all their hedge fund pals wouldn’t have bet on it happening. They stand to profit off a no deal, that’s why they’re pushing it through.

Even though I knew it was coming, it still makes me want to cry however

DDD42CAB-7DC9-46B7-86E1-03C92026250F.png

This is scandalous but I'm not surprised by it at all. Wouldn't it be nice to live in a society where the leaders made decisions based on the best interests of the nation rather than the best interests of their bank balances... I wonder what that would look like.

35 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I agree, I struggle to understand people who find this the greatest suffering in the world- have they never moved somewhere where they don't know anyone? Or had friends or family who live in a different town or country? Or been broke for a prolonged period of time where you can't afford to go out or do anything for months on end? 

I get it's a lot harder for people who live alone or live in cramped accommodation or in difficult home relationships or circumstances, but it feels like a lot of the more vocal people in the media are mainly angered that they can't do their hobbies

Are people not allowed to express concern or sadness because a lot of things are being taken away from them? Saying this is like saying you can never get upset about anything because someone else has it harder. 

15 minutes ago, foolee said:

Are people not allowed to express concern or sadness because a lot of things are being taken away from them? Saying this is like saying you can never get upset about anything because someone else has it harder. 

Not at all, I'm talking about the rightwing commentators in the papers and radio shows who are campaigning against any restrictions, of course its sad not being able to do the stuff we enjoy and took for granted - I miss it too

• Upvote 1