When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Slightly related to the central belt discussion but I feel this is as good a time as any to bring up Mogwai calling their career spanning compilation album “Central Belters”. 

18 minutes ago, mcshed said:

The mighty Arab Strap considered Central Belt as a name when they were starting out.  Mogwai's "best of" collection is called Central Belters. It's like you don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Scottish indie bands of the 90s. 

Ahem.

A mask update ... last week Asda decided to move people to covid marshal roles to hand out face masks and initially the person I spoke to was giving out approximately 75 in a 8 hour shift .... when I spoke to her yesterday the number had dropped to 12 .... now of course the number of people exempt will be much greater too ... but thats a stark improvement and shows what being proactive can actually do ...

meanwhile its amazing the number of my colleagues that have become facemask exempt after wearing them for a couple of weeks .... I do wonder what the police powers are if someone says the are exempt to flout the rules ... probably none I would guess so im not sure how many fines they can actually give out for offences 

What’s the age limit for wearing masks?

I’ve noticed the percentage of mask wearers on buses have gone down. It’s mainly the young and the high risk groups not wearing masks. 

My work has just gone to full mask wearing at all times now unless you’re eating as we have a couple of people off isolating after testing positive. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

What’s the age limit for wearing masks?

I’ve noticed the percentage of mask wearers on buses have gone down. It’s mainly the young and the high risk groups not wearing masks. 

My work has just gone to full mask wearing at all times now unless you’re eating as we have a couple of people off isolating after testing positive. 

children under 11 ... 

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Low cases here , just the 40 per 100,000 now although by next week you might feel more at home with at least 100 per 100,000 .... a visit to the Tor ? still not got my ass in gear to trek up to yet 

Tor? Definitely , then a walk round Pilton observing all farm regulations of course. Meander round the nearby villages, days in Cheddar , Wells, And of course Glastonbury town and Street! 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

How is it even possible to not know Scotland had a central belt? 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve never heard the term before. I live right by the sea on the south coast of England and have only been to Scotland once in my life. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to not know one part of the country has a term for the region. 

Same as @Ozanne I live on the coast of the south east corner of the UK and I didn’t know this, despite having lovely times in Edinburgh 😂