When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

What if two weeks isn't enough though? You have nowhere to go at that point - lockdown 2.0 should be the last resort because it won't just be two weeks, it took more than 2 weeks before for cases to start to fall significantly and as you say you will destroy the economy.

this may all have to go through parliament anyway..and they might put a hard limit on the 2 weeks.

9 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Pubs/ restaurants etc are meant to have measures in place to make them safer- meant to be cleaned to a high standard and have social distancing etc whereas if u meet in a home you don't have that. 

We're trying, but it'd be so much easier without the idiot punters fucking things up. And I don't even mean when alcohol is involved. Just stupidity. 

Luckily I've not yet had to deal with anyone ignoring the rules to make a point. Just good old fashioned stupidity so far

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

5%

In the summer the CDC reported that as many as a third of patients who were never sick enough to be hospitalized are not back to their usual health up to three weeks after their diagnosis.

Admittedly I now can’t find where I saw that 20% figure 😂 

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I need surgery. I have no idea when it will be as it’s been delayed indefinitely. 

I do have a doc appointment later so hopefully I’ll find out more then. 

Fingers crossed for you - I was more meaning emergency surgery e.g. you had been involved in an accident. 

Completely shit for the individuals, like yourself who are having to wait but you are still going to get the surgery eventually, hopefully. 

Health provision has always been a postcode lottery anyway sadly. 

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

In the summer the CDC reported that as many as a third of patients who were never sick enough to be hospitalized are not back to their usual health up to three weeks after their diagnosis.

Admittedly I now can’t find where I saw that 20% figure 😂 

I think your numbers are right after three weeks, but “long covid” means having symptoms for several months. I actually know a woman who has long covid, but then she tested negative for the antibodies casting doubt on whether she ever had covid. I think it must have been a false negative though because she had the classic symptoms in March and is very fatigued now. 

I’ve just read the symptoms of ‘long Covid’ and I think a lot of people have these symptoms throughout winter every year, regardless of Covid coming along this time round:

“These include fatigue, breathlessness, muscle aches, joint pain, 'brain fog,' memory loss, lack of concentration, and depression.”

Edited by st dan

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Shameless. You can’t conflate a 10pm closure of pubs as protecting hospitality jobs by keeping pubs open, with protecting the jobs of a nightclub bouncer or a performer, where there isn’t the opportunity to work now because of government restrictions. They are completely different even if they fall under the “hospitality” label.  That doesn’t mean that those jobs won’t be viable in the spring/summer of next year. It’s a complete failure of the government to support a whole sector of industry which is viable in the longer term.  They are decimating the arts deliberately. Burley let her off the hook entirely there. 

For reference, the Singapore “Circuit Breaker” (which was pretty much a social lockdown with essential workplaces only) where the terminology has been borrowed from  was supposed to last for 4 weeks, ended up going for just under 8 weeks, with an additional 3 weeks of Phase 1 that was CB with some minor easing but essentially anything fun still shut.

2 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

For reference, the Singapore “Circuit Breaker” (which was pretty much a social lockdown with essential workplaces only) where the terminology has been borrowed from  was supposed to last for 4 weeks, ended up going for just under 8 weeks, with an additional 3 weeks of Phase 1 that was CB with some minor easing but essentially anything fun still shut.

Isn't that a cocktail?

4 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Yep - two weeks wouldn't see a significant fall in cases, because if my understanding is correct there is a lag between catching it and showing signs of having it - the trigger for getting a test, so two weeks isn't enough to go through a full cycle.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Ei-8Fb0X0AA_6iB.thumb.jpg.574a290035dbe691694e5ea654c282d6.jpg

Apparently there is no requirement for face coverings either.

This will be just another excuse for those wanting to ‘let it rip’ - a question I’ve asked myself many times - are they really this incompetent or are they doing this on purpose? I really don’t know which is worse 

7481ABEE-9471-4B91-8C5D-655460571E14.jpeg

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, onthebeach said:

Apparently there is no requirement for face coverings either.

This will be just another excuse for those wanting to ‘let it rip’ - a question I’ve asked myself many times - are they really this incompetent or are they doing this on purpose? I really don’t know which is worse 

7481ABEE-9471-4B91-8C5D-655460571E14.jpeg

Since the Cummings thing, it’s like the government have done everything they can to minimise the chances of people listening to and following any rules- everything they’ve done goes contrary to their own advise from their much hyped ‘behavioural scientists’ who seem to dominate the make up of SAGE. Their advice has always been you need clear messaging and that the rules must apply to all to increase the chances of people following them. Instead we get a constant stream of this kind of stuff. Absolute hapless twits.

Was just coming in to post that triage numbers are going in the right direction. I think there are some quiet reasons for initial optimism in the past few days. Growth per week is down from 100% to 33%. Now that isn’t good, but it means that the doubling time is about 2.5 weeks not 7 days. The situation isn’t quite as perilous as we thought, albeit R is still above 1 so more work needs done. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Was just coming in to post that triage numbers are going in the right direction. I think there are some quiet reasons for initial optimism in the past few days. Growth per week is down from 100% to 33%. Now that isn’t good, but it means that the doubling time is about 2.5 weeks not 7 days. The situation isn’t quite as perilous as we thought, albeit R is still above 1 so more work needs done. 

Do you think the upcoming half-term - and all the travel that will involve - might cause a setback?