When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The worry is still hospitals getting overwhelmed, as they are already busy dealing with backlog of stuff. 

True, but they’re only going to be busier in winter dealing with what’s expected to be a larger than usual number of flu cases, so it really is now or never, isn’t it?

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just maybe need to be a bit less judgemental. Some people want to party, can't blame them, it's been a shitty 18 months and now they're allowed, and some people are still nervous and some are still vulnerable to this disease, and they need to be shown some respect too.

Sermon of the day.

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

100%

Now I really have seen everything. Strange times

• Like 1

The question should be - is my over caution / hysteria ruining someone else’s life? / hindering someone else’s daily activity?

Most of the time the answer is yes. If you are so terrified you never want to go to a public place again that’s your own battle you need to fight. Not for everyone else. It’s like a tortoise darting back into its shell.

7 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

True, but they’re only going to be busier in winter dealing with what’s expected to be a larger than usual number of flu cases, so it really is now or never, isn’t it?

A few of the zero covid lot ( that HSJ editor, Pagel, that commie e.t.c) have let their real feeling out and want us under these ridiculous rules for the next year or 2!

I dont believe them for a second when they say 'just a few weeks'

Edited by zahidf

2 minutes ago, sjseabass said:

Dealing with Covid instead of the backlog increases the backlog, not lockdown.

We’ve done all we can do before we start getting into real tyranny over people’s lives. Most of the public have done their bit, stayed home, got the jabs, and even avoided holding the hands of their dying relatives for the greater good. What more do you want them to do?

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The worry is still hospitals getting overwhelmed, as they are already busy dealing with backlog of stuff. 

Yeah, I get that nut surely that should have all been factored into the plan that we have been (allegedly) following all along? I don't understand what variable has changed?

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Yeah, I get that nut surely that should have all been factored into the plan that we have been (allegedly) following all along? I don't understand what variable has changed?

There is no rhyme or reason, it’s just that people have been so terrified they think that the lifestyle the world led for generations is now impossible to live in.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

This thread probably does need to die. Thought the Freedom Day brigade would be all jumping for joy and full of excitement today but it's still going to be pages and pages of hyperbole and generalisation isn't it?

People would be jumping for joy if there wasn’t hyperbole and generalisation on the other side.

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Today is really simple. Upgrade your useless cloth mask for a not mask or better and be happy with your choice and others 

Take some responsibility for your own health

Masks were always about the consideration of people around you - not yourself.

Must have seen 15 parents dropping their kids off at my sons nursery this morning - every single one of them continuing to wear a mask even though it is now only encouraged and not mandatory. You’d feel the odd one out for not wearing one. 

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just maybe need to be a bit less judgemental. Some people want to party, can't blame them, it's been a shitty 18 months and now they're allowed, and some people are still nervous and some are still vulnerable to this disease, and they need to be shown some respect too.

Sermon of the day.

This needs an upvote. Really hoping that all goes well with the reopening, but everyone is going to take this at their own pace.

I'll still be masking up on transport and in the supermarket and not a lot else will change for me immediately. Hope people enjoy doing stuff they haven't been able to do for a whole and all being well we will get through this stage without anything going too awry.

Main vibe for me is uncertainty really. We are in uncharted territory so just got to see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

Must have seen 15 parents dropping their kids off at my sons nursery this morning - every single one of them continuing to wear a mask even though it is now only encouraged and not mandatory. You’d feel the odd one out for not wearing one. 

Good, hopefully people continue to do it in shops. The virus is rampant and will continue to be, I'm going to wear mine in shops. 

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We’ve done all we can do before we start getting into real tyranny over people’s lives. Most of the public have done their bit, stayed home, got the jabs, and even avoided holding the hands of their dying relatives for the greater good. What more do you want them to do?

Oh I agree that we should be opening up. Just stop talking bollocks like lockdown is what is causing problems, rather than another problem being caused by the virus.

• Upvote 1