When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

48 minutes ago, Copperface said:

That Osmond idiot has subsequently apologised for getting it wrong so no, it's not that inaccurate. That's what happens when bar ownwers start becoming experts in mortality causes.

Ah, well I take it all back then. I have to admit, I couldn't see the data he was talking about. That'll teach me not to pontificate without having my facts straight.

49 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

whoopee so so exited to watch 1000,s becoming ill over the next few weeks .... if you arent wearing a face cover stay the fuck away please

This was a pleasant first post to read today 😂

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

whoopee so so exited to watch 1000,s becoming ill over the next few weeks .... if you arent wearing a face cover stay the fuck away please

We’re all going to get ill from Covid at some point. It’s just some will choose Covid over a vaccine by attending these super spreader events. If the most vulnerable have been fully vaccinated and the younger people more prone to catch it are much less likely to be hospitalised, it might just be manageable. 

Someone recently pointed out that the best point to get Covid is when the vaccine in our body is at its most effective. For millions, that time is now. 

7 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

The good times are back 😄   

So so so lovely to see

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

“I’ve never enjoyed nightclubs so I think they should all be banned. Because I’m not a degenerate like everyone else”.

Fuck me the trauma from this event has absolutely rotted people’s brains. That people genuinely believe that in three weeks the majority of people at the clubs last night will have passed away.

I truly believe we are battling reopening anxiety. Not anything else. Trauma has turned people into fucking weirdos man, that will never ever be ok with us being out of lockdown. If you’re that worried just stay fucking home. Jesus. Not everyone wants to be as miserable as you.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Fuck me the trauma from this event has absolutely rotted people’s brains. That people genuinely believe that in three weeks the majority of people at the clubs last night will have passed away.

I truly believe we are battling reopening anxiety. Not anything else. Trauma has turned people into fucking weirdos man, that will never ever be ok with us being out of lockdown. If you’re that worried just stay fucking home. Jesus. Not everyone wants to be as miserable as you.

Reopening anxiety that will be used as a culture war. Maybe there needs to be some proper public health messaging about indoor venues being safe to return to (although I guess they’d want some scientific facts and it would need a couple of weeks to be scientifically proven?)

4 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Reopening anxiety that will be used as a culture war. Maybe there needs to be some proper public health messaging about indoor venues being safe to return to (although I guess they’d want some scientific facts and it would need a couple of weeks to be scientifically proven?)

These people have been seriously brain damaged by what has gone on I think they’d reject anything you put out to calm them down. To a lot of people now social contact is a bio hazard and the human immune system can’t fight off a fucking bad flu. It’s way more than that though, they have been terrified by what has happened (understandably) but they want to convert everyone else to be as terrified as them.

Theyve fallen so far that they don’t think a double vaccinated 25 year old can hold off coronavirus. They’ve lost the plot. It’s just hysteria at this point.

Edited by Matt42

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Are we just going to trawl through twitter finding random shite that people post?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Are we just going to trawl through twitter finding random shite that people post?

How could I miss it? No trawling needed. You don’t have to look far either to see people saying similar things.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

We’re all going to get ill from Covid at some point. It’s just some will choose Covid over a vaccine by attending these super spreader events. If the most vulnerable have been fully vaccinated and the younger people more prone to catch it are much less likely to be hospitalised, it might just be manageable. 

Someone recently pointed out that the best point to get Covid is when the vaccine in our body is at its most effective. For millions, that time is now. 

I was about to say something similar. I don't follow this all as closely as some, but my understanding (as a mask-wearing, generally lockdown rules abiding type of person) was that the plan has been for a while: 

Vaccinate the vulnerable and the elderly then open up. Which I thought is what we are doing now.

Or, if not, what has gone wrong? Have we not vaccinated enough people yet or are we worried about new variants?

I'm not 100% clear what the new variable in play is. Surely those getting it now are largely unlikely to get too ill, for whatever reason?

Just maybe need to be a bit less judgemental. Some people want to party, can't blame them, it's been a shitty 18 months and now they're allowed, and some people are still nervous and some are still vulnerable to this disease, and they need to be shown some respect too.

Sermon of the day.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just maybe need to be a bit less judgemental. Some people want to party, can't blame them, it's been a shitty 18 months and now they're allowed, and some people are still nervous and some are still vulnerable to this disease, and they need to be shown some respect too.

Sermon of the day.

Too right - happy freedom day everyone! Though I finally got pinged on Sat post-Wembley, so I'm not actually allowed outside anyway.

I'm just dancing around the front room with 2L of Natch listening to Magic FM instead.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Sermon of the day.

I don’t think it’s a respect issue I think it’s a hysteria issue. With flames fanned by people who profit off the hysteria.

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

I was about to say something similar. I don't follow this all as closely as some, but my understanding (as a mask-wearing, generally lockdown rules abiding type of person) was that the plan has been for a while: 

Vaccinate the vulnerable and the elderly then open up. Which I thought is what we are doing now.

Or, if not, what has gone wrong? Have we not vaccinated enough people yet or are we worried about new variants?

I'm not 100% clear what the new variable in play is. Surely those getting it now are largely unlikely to get too ill, for whatever reason?

The worry is still hospitals getting overwhelmed, as they are already busy dealing with backlog of stuff.