When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

“We do things differently here” 🙄. God I hate this northern virtuous attitude that it’s only them who have a moral compass. Walk down through Manchester City central, hundreds of people without masks on public transport and in shops. Give in Burnham. Stop trying to start a culture war.

Good old fashioned plain speaking and common sense up there:

15 minutes ago, El Matador said:

It's all being set up for clubs being the scapegoat for the inevitable increase in cases. 

I'll be pleasantly surprised if clubs are still open by the end of August. 

I think they'll be allowed to be open by then but will be required to use Covid Passports, if not enough buissnesses take it on board I think they'll end up making it mandatory. I know its not the most feasible thing but I think they're one of the safest things we can use for a safe reopening of society 

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s just gonna be the thing that adds to an ever increasing problem that’s already an issue … they are unfortunately going to be a hotbed of transmission and I really want them open … they are the last to open and will be the first thing to go … such a shame but we don’t need to look far to see the issue they cause … No one is clapping we are all on a festival forum and live live music just like you 

To be honest in the current financially helped times I'd prefer live music was closed to avoid the scapegoating 

Because scapegoating = no insurance for festivals next year after the winter months and further uncertainty around whether they'll be allowed 

Edited by efcfanwirral

34 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If that happens inure. But we currently have 3964 in Hospital, peak was 39,254 in January, 551 are ventilated vs 4077 at January peak. If we pass that peak basically the Vaccines don’t work.

Exactly. It’s a gamble but there has to be a strong cut off point for case rises. We are always due an exit wave but it surely cannot be anywhere near the heights of January… unless the vaccines don’t work as you said.

I feel confident that cases will rise but start to taper off. Deaths will not increase to levels anywhere near the level we’ve seen before, and soon it will become clear that the virus hasn’t got much further to go.

Delaying the exit wave just delays the inevitable.

36 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If that happens inure. But we currently have 3964 in Hospital, peak was 39,254 in January, 551 are ventilated vs 4077 at January peak. If we pass that peak basically the Vaccines don’t work.

or we add a massive flu season to the mix ? 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Exactly. It’s a gamble but there has to be a strong cut off point for case rises. We are always due an exit wave but it surely cannot be anywhere near the heights of January… unless the vaccines don’t work as you said.

I feel confident that cases will rise but start to taper off. Deaths will not increase to levels anywhere near the level we’ve seen before, and soon it will become clear that the virus hasn’t got much further to go.

Delaying the exit wave just delays the inevitable.

The problem is hospitals. They are already busy. Yes we have vaccines which are the main barrier to hospitalisations, but we are taking away all other barriers such as we had in January. So, it's a bit of a gamble to go for it now when haven't immunised as many as we can and we have a growth in cases.

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Well personally been drinking beer and eating steaks in the Garden with friends while our kids play in the pool 🙂

Just watched the highlights of the F1 to see Lewis play a game of Mario kart to win the British Grand Prix and now its a glass of Malbec before I throw my mask on the bonfire 😛

What a great day 🙂 

Similar here mate, but with added tour de France. Have a great week.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

or we add a massive flu season to the mix ? 

Certainly possible, and probably encouraged by being Locked Down last year. Could add 300 Hospital admissions per week going by 2019 peak. I think that’s the logic behind going now though.

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

Certainly possible, and probably encouraged by being Locked Down last year. Could add 300 Hospital admissions per week going by 2019 peak. I think that’s the logic behind going now though.

yeah true ... wait and see how it plays out though .... I wonder if there are any other medical advances on the horizon that might help us .... 

All this arguing over whether it is the right or wrong call to proceed with tomorrow, but the only way to find out is by unfortunately going in blind to some extent, and then of course hindsight will play a big part in the weeks and months to come.
We can all analyse any graph we want to interpret the current data as positive or negative as we see fit, but we just don’t know how this will work until we try in it a real life environment.
There will always be ifs and buts - let’s cross our fingers and hope it’s a calculated gamble that’s going to pay off. 

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

All this arguing over whether it is the right or wrong call to proceed with tomorrow, but the only way to find out is by unfortunately going in blind to some extent, and then of course hindsight will play a big part in the weeks and months to come.
We can all analyse any graph we want to interpret the current data as positive or negative as we see fit, but we just don’t know how this will work until we try in it a real life environment.
There will always be ifs and buts - let’s cross our fingers and hope it’s a calculated gamble that’s going to pay off. 

Yeah, but thread is ending so we can't argue who was more right.

10 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

The 28 day rule was a useful way of getting a figure that was consistent and easy to compare, but as the case fatality ratio continues to drop and the prevalence stays high, surely we have to start looking at the more accurate, but less consistent measure? Eventually, we could end up in a dihydrogen monoxide situation and that's no use to anyone.

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The 28 day rule was a useful way of getting a figure that was consistent and easy to compare, but as the case fatality ratio continues to drop and the prevalence stays high, surely we have to start looking at the more accurate, but less consistent measure? Eventually, we could end up in a dihydrogen monoxide situation and that's no use to anyone.

That Osmond idiot has subsequently apologised for getting it wrong so no, it's not that inaccurate. That's what happens when bar ownwers start becoming experts in mortality causes.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

“We do things differently here” 🙄. God I hate this northern virtuous attitude that it’s only them who have a moral compass. Walk down through Manchester City central, hundreds of people without masks on public transport and in shops. Give in Burnham. Stop trying to start a culture war.

He is just quoting Tony Wilson and trying to do the right thing. No harm will come from wearing a mask. I am not a fan of Burnham, but I have no issue with trying to get people to keep wearing a mask.

1 hour ago, tigger123 said:

Its an interesting thought, so if you are worrying about dying from Covid after testing positive you should probably worry more about dying from something else. Not that there is a very significant chance of you dying of anything at all in the 28 days anyway in the first place thanks to the vaccines. It's all about risk, the chances of dying from covid is really tiny now, perhaps there needs a bit more balance in terms of what people die from at the moment and the impact this is all having on people's mental health and our kids lost year(s) of life experiences and education

Edited by dingbat2