When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, JB15 said:

“Faux outrage” = I don’t want my team to be criticised for not following their own rules. 

Yes. It’s in equal parts amusing and cringeworthy to watch the usual suspects attempt to assert a narrative over the transparently obvious - people at the top disregarding their own rules and betraying the contempt they have for voters. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If this thread is getting kiboshed tomorrow will it come back if restrictions are reimposed? 

No, we will have a new one called

"When will this shit ever end now?"

Edited by Paul ™

Should we start a new thread? - what should the title be before we do it?

Reason is - I think the purpose of this thread has kinda ended. Restrictions have ended… now what. Maybe something a title like when will things be normal again?

Edited by Matt42

I wonder if those pushing the reopening and abandonment of masks will be happy to relent in 4 weeks time when elective surgeries start getting pulled … fantastic that we get a couple of trips to nightclubs to catch the virus in the meantime and can all shout about our liberty and freedom tomorow ? This shit ain’t over by a long shot … remember that 100k cases per day figure … look at the mess 50k cases per day is giving us … fuck the torys !! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It’s amazing to think anybody would believe that “freedom day” exists because the media/government coined the term. A masterclass in naivety. 

I still think that Johnson backed himself into a corner and if he hadn't said made the commitment for July 19th then they would keep restrictions in place.

I think the only way to get compliance over winter is to let it get bad. Not right and not how it should be, but how it is

If we'd delayed now there'd have been compliance problems when we REALLY need restrictions. This is the equivalent of giving the population a summer holiday before strapping back in to another 6 months+ of restrictions. Sort of a reset ahead of the next phase.

To use another analogy this is just the intermission (for those who want it). And yes the idea that the intermission is halfway through a show is deliberate. I'm not talking just covid BTW, thats just part of the puzzle now with the NHS 

Edited by efcfanwirral