When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Does this thread end tomorrow? Or will this shit keep going on for a while yet… 

I think Freedom day is only going to increase conversations about Covid. I work in the NHS and feel very tired at the moment.

Although I am very lucky to be going to Latitude at the end of the week and look forward to having time to switch off and enjoy a festival instead.  

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I completely genuinely forgot to check in to a pub yesterday with my wife and no one challenged me. It was only later in the day I thought about it and realised.

My dad doesn't really understand QR codes & had just been taking photos of the qr code whenever he went to the pub & thought that was him checked in. 

It was an honest mistake met by much hilarity when we realised what he'd been doing, but he must have been to a few pubs without checking in and nobody ever noticed or challenged him on it.

1 minute ago, found home in 2009 said:

My dad doesn't really understand QR codes & had just been taking photos of the qr code whenever he went to the pub & thought that was him checked in. 

It was an honest mistake met by much hilarity when we realised what he'd been doing, but he must have been to a few pubs without checking in and nobody ever noticed or challenged him on it.

The instructions around QRs saying "using your phone camera" instead of "you need to use a QR reader app" doesn't help to make it clearer 

8 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I'm sure he's not the only one...

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

If people keep acting all alarmist like this the next few weeks are gonna be unbearable 

It does open a discussion about the trustworthiness of people doesn’t it, if it’s relying on people being honest about their test result and also then isolating if they are positive. There are stories of people testing positive then going to the game last weekend anyway. 

39 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It does open a discussion about the trustworthiness of people doesn’t it, if it’s relying on people being honest about their test result and also then isolating if they are positive. There are stories of people testing positive then going to the game last weekend anyway. 

Yeah it doesn't work self reporting. Equally you could have double vaccinated people in theory passing it onto unvaccinated people. I'd expect a change to vaccine proof only soon - and it's probably the right thing to do despite not being perfect 

50 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm hopeful people will do the right thing. The issue is you only ever really hear the extreme sides of the debate, either open everything up or don't reopen until everyone is jabbed twice. You never hear people in the middle who are happy complying to the rules but don't like the blame game like me. I just genuinely want to do the right thing and enjoy myself safely and I think many others will agree too. I think this week will go smoother than expected but you'll only hear about the idiots taking things to the extreme 

Edited by Chapple12345
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tigger123 said:

Also says a lot about the Labour Party then unfortunately and how poor an opposition they are currently. A u turn like this would be gold dust for any strong opposition party but will probably be Con+10 in a few days time. I say all this as a disheartened Labour voter by the way

I laughed at Ed Byrne on Mock the Week.

’I don’t know what’s worse about the current Labour Party. The fact that their only manifesto seems to be that they’re not the tories or the fact that that isn’t enough to get them in power’

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Hardly worth the big furore is it. 

Ironically the faux rage has played into Boris’ hands and he can now hide away for the rest of the week while shit hits the fan re “freedom” day. 

“Faux outrage” = I don’t want my team to be criticised for not following their own rules. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

Hardly worth the big furore is it. 

Ironically the faux rage has played into Boris’ hands and he can now hide away for the rest of the week while shit hits the fan re “freedom” day. 

The cynic in me things the plan was to piss people off enough to say "f**k it" and get back to normal without precautions = boost the economy 

Then as you say gets to hide whilst this sh*tshow unfolds further 

App will get a few deletions too...

It's such a mess 😞

26 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

It’s not a rule. Nobody is legally obliged to isolate if they get pinged. 

Semantics. It’s guidance they issued and want people to follow. It really is classic one rule for them, as long as they’re ok they don’t care 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Homer said:

Bizarrely I finally got post-pinged from Wembley yesterday, have to isolate for the next four days apparently. None of my mates I went with, or my wife, have been pinged.

I know more people than ever who are isolating for 4-5 days, one friend was event told to isolate for 2 days 😂 that mixed in with todays debacle and you wonder why people aren't complying anymore 

I used to be one of these people that thought the tories were skilled enough to make up extreme plans and there was always a true motive behind what they do. I don’t think that’s the case at all. I think it’s all as messy as it looks.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Lol 1 or 2 years of restrictions he says blithely....

Clearly unacceptable and I don't think will put up with it

20210718_133426.jpg

The only way that would get buy in is if people felt an impending threat to themselves. Maybe along the lines of there not being emergency treatment for them or their loved ones...