When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware of that.

In that case, that does reduce the controversy slightly.

Though it was (unsurprisingly) misleading media coverage yesterday with all the will they/won’t they if it was clear that they were part of a pilot and wouldn’t need to isolate. 

Gove didn't isolate a few weeks ago. The "pilot" has been going on for ages now. It's basically just a bullshit trial so they don't have to follow their own rules. 

I am fucking fuming (but totally unsurprised) at them not isolating and inventing new rules to suit themselves. 

I’m leaving the school I’ve worked at for four and a half years this week and I have classes I have taught for 2 years who I am so close to who are mostly sat at home isolating because of a positive case in their year group. I’m not going to get to say goodbye to those kids now, whilst the PM and Rishi swan about doing what they like. 

We need to storm Downing Street and put their heads on sticks. Insulting is not the word. 

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

Gove didn't isolate a few weeks ago. The "pilot" has been going on for ages now. It's basically just a bullshit trial so they don't have to follow their own rules. 

It really does seem like that. Getting a bit Animal Farm for me.

11 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Hahahaha fastest u-turn yet. What does Big Dom call him? The trolley? Apt.

Laughing like a drain this morning. 

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I wonder how many of the 500,000 people who were pinged this week by the app will take up the option instead now they've seen this? How do you even get on the trials? It takes the absolute piss 

I just think it means that this shit is over 

Just now, jannybruck said:

This is a Barnard Castle moment where lots of people who've been dutifully complying with a certain thing (last time lockdown, this time isolating) realise that we're actually not all in this together. 

I feel like the genie is out of the bottle at this point.

the u-turn was so quick maybe not that many will notice.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

It’s shocking PR too if nothing else. How did they envisage this going down with the public - it’s going to be met with widespread dismay and a number of high profile people already jumping all over it on Twitter.
I know they just don’t care in the slightest, but you’d think they would at least try to pretend they do for their imagine .. even a little!

I know they've U-turned now but the thing is they think/believe they can get away with anything, it's why barely any Ministers resign or get sacked these days. They believe that no matter what they do the voters will still vote for them.

Just now, Ozanne said:

I know they've U-turned now but the thing is they think/believe they can get away with anything, it's why barely any Ministers resign or get sacked these days. They believe that no matter what they do the voters will still vote for them.

At this point thats seeming pretty true. With years before the next election and social media/media on their side and zero opposition there's very little they can do that would lead to them getting kicked out 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

At this point thats seeming pretty true. With years before the next election and social media/media on their side and zero opposition there's very little they can do that would lead to them getting kicked out 

There is opposition but otherwise I agree with you. No matter what happens the bulk of their voter base will support Johnson.

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The public would vote for this lot irrespective of anything at this point. 

Edited by Dark Star

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Also says a lot about the Labour Party then unfortunately and how poor an opposition they are currently. A u turn like this would be gold dust for any strong opposition party but will probably be Con+10 in a few days time. I say all this as a disheartened Labour voter by the way