When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Barnard castle Part 2, both in terms of shamelessness and the fact it will likely critically undermine compliance with the self-isolating thing.

So you mean another case of people getting sick of doing something and looking for any excuse they can to stop doing it. 

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I think this will probably be the final straw for many people and they might just ignore it, especially when those who are double jabbed avoid isolating in a little over 3 weeks 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Barnard castle Part 2, both in terms of shamelessness and the fact it will likely critically undermine compliance with the self-isolating thing.

You guys are absolutely right, this will cause in more people ignoring the app thus spreading the virus around more. They should be showing leadership and that we are all in this together by self isolating not making up new rules to suit them. 

2 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

So you mean another case of people getting sick of doing something and looking for any excuse they can to stop doing it. 

THEY’RE IN THE GOVERNMENT WHO SET THE RULES!! They should be living by the rules and being role models and not trying to get round it, that’s what they are supposed to have signed up to. Its part of the social contract. 

Stop trying to be contrary for the sake of it and viewing this as a competition where you need to get behind “your team”, we’d all be appalled if it was a Tory, Labour, Lib Dem government 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You guys are absolutely right, this will cause in more people ignoring the app thus spreading the virus around more. They should be showing leadership and that we are all in this together by self isolating not making up new rules to suit them. 

Completely agree, if they're going to do it they should at least try and get out some sort of campaign to say if you end up ignoring isolation please test regularly or something similar 

Edited by Chapple12345

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

So really you've only got yourself to blame for not becoming PM or Chancellor. 

I apologise and will set my career prospects much higher, all I need now is a very shit journalism career, a wife and a mistress and I'm set to go 

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

PM salary is a bit shit to be honest.  Wouldn't bother.

£160K a year to be PM seems alright to me, although it does seem to earn a lot less than other political figures in the country like Marcus Rashford with his millions.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Will be really interested to see who wears a mask from tomorrow and where, I wouldn't want to judge anyone for it though as I think the next few weeks are all about assessing personal risks 

It’s shocking PR too if nothing else. How did they envisage this going down with the public - it’s going to be met with widespread dismay and a number of high profile people already jumping all over it on Twitter.
I know they just don’t care in the slightest, but you’d think they would at least try to pretend they do for their imagine .. even a little!

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

They may have finally fucked up to a point where the masses have had enough. The mood around the internet is sour even in places where they have had support from the less informed. 

So true. This is the end of compliance now, the app will be being deleted by thousands around the country and isolation numbers will drop through the floor

7 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

So true. This is the end of compliance now, the app will be being deleted by thousands around the country and isolation numbers will drop through the floor

Yep lots of pubs have said they won't be asking anyone to sign in either. 

59 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

The Scotland team that got away with not isolating when Gilmour tested positive got far less faux anger thrown their way. 

The difference is that, rightly or wrongly, it was cleared before the tournament that all squads would be tested regularly and if an individual player tested positive then that player would isolate but the others wouldn’t as long as the rest were negative.

In the case of Boris and co, for many of us this is the first we’ve heard that they were part of a pilot.

9 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

It’s been in the news all week that ministers have been trialing it. 

Fair enough, I wasn’t aware of that.

In that case, that does reduce the controversy slightly.

Though it was (unsurprisingly) misleading media coverage yesterday with all the will they/won’t they if it was clear that they were part of a pilot and wouldn’t need to isolate.