When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Covid: Fully jabbed arrivals from France must still quarantine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57869880

They haven’t got a clue what they are doing. 

Yeah, that`s really another mystery of life. Eu says France is safe, UK France is not safe. It`s another of those zick zack movements with a sudden U-Turn nobody expected. Instead of saying this whole system is wrong as it has not worked yet they are making things worse, most important for the whole industry as it`s building not much confidence for consumers - it`s like selling a television with saying "good TV, but I don`t know if it will work tomorrow".

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

On this booking thing, I don't think I've ever been turned away from a pub or restaurant because I haven't booked during the pandemic. Sometimes I've had to wait a bit, but usually it's just straight in, once I've scanned the QR code.

Is this different to other people's experiences?

In Bath it’s usually pretty busy, in the week you’d get in some places without booking but pretty much no chance at the weekend.

42 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

It has the potential to be the end of the lower leagues if they can't operate as normal again. 

I think they should be fine. If they are allowing almost full capacity in 60k stadiums they can't not let smaller clubs run at full capacity.  Unless they decide to be complete arseholes. It would be the end if so many clubs. 

31 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

On this booking thing, I don't think I've ever been turned away from a pub or restaurant because I haven't booked during the pandemic. Sometimes I've had to wait a bit, but usually it's just straight in, once I've scanned the QR code.

Liverpool has been very busy lately and been turned away from multiple places without a booking. Guess it just depends where you are? 

58 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

When pubs reopened as outside only it was difficult but ever since then it’s been fairly easy. I’m going out in Brighton today though so I’ll report back!

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

With freelancing I'm lucky enough to be able to decide to go out on a week day if I fancy some food and a couple of drinks (weve done this a couple of times) but my girlfriend has done Manchester City centre a couple of times at weekends with friends and if she hadn't booked she wouldn't have got in anywhere. Liverpool marginally better when I've been but it has been a bit of a struggle! 

Always been good locally though, never even had to wait

Edited by efcfanwirral

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I call it a lockdown if there are rules stopping me from seeing and doing what I want. It’s a lockdown if it’s a criminal offence for me to host my family round my place. 

The fact that you and I have different definitions of lockdown demonstrates exactly why Ozanne's post clarifying exactly the measures being suggested was useful though doesn't it? Maybe thank them rather than calling them crazy?

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If pent up demand is really as high as people say it is you'll still need to book.

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Transmission is almost certainly happening on the transport to venues and in the pubs before the game.  

It isnt the surprising that Wimbledon with their jewellery rattlers aren't probably craming on the tube as much vs parking their 4x4 in the £15 per hour car park.

Likewise most people arrive at Silverstone in cars. Either direct to the venue or to the neighboring campsites.

Demographics matter.

In this regards I reckon festivals are probably safer than the football but less safe than Wimbledon. Cars are still the most likely transport option for festival.   Saying thay, crowded tents and bars ain't going to be good.  And if it rains then its a shit shoe superspreading event as people cram even more indoors 

Depends how much we care about cases still.

Funnily enough I didn’t rattle my jewellery, don’t have a 4x4, and went by the Underground. 

I’ll try do better next time. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The fact that you and I have different definitions of lockdown demonstrates exactly why Ozanne's post clarifying exactly the measures being suggested was useful though doesn't it? Maybe thank them rather than calling them crazy?

If pent up demand is really as high as people say it is you'll still need to book.

Interestingly I had a cool last night on the nightclub Prysm in Brighton for Sunday night and that is all fully booked, no tickets available. There’s definitely a demand for clubbing it seems whether that is sustained we’ll have to wait and see. 

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This tweet is very interesting. Basically game theory with a virus:

Yeah it's an interesting thought and again emphasises we just don't know what will happen next, again it's why people are so confused because some say everything will be fine wheres others just say we're all going to die and kill the world with us. Personally I'm in the cautiously optimistic group, I know it won't be plain sailing but I think our amazing vaccine rollout will massively benefit us 

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This tweet is very interesting. Basically game theory with a virus:

Hopefully the modellers have attempted to factor this in to the models. Though there was some suggestion that they underestimated the effect of stage 3.  “Back to normal” for some sections of society, and caution from others will give a very different picture in the weeks ahead.