When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, mandolin said:

No “you can’t go shutting society down to protect a small group of people when the jab is working relatively well for this group”.

Trouble is “relatively” isn’t good enough when there is a 26% chance that the vaccine won’t work for you (using your figures).  And the virus is as widespread as it currently is.  And you have family who have to enter the opened up society to, y’know, work and travel to work. And you have to live with that family because you are not sufficiently healthy to care for yourself.  And you need them to work because you cannot.  

And if you were to catch Covid, it wouldn’t be like a bad cold.  It would be like death.

It’s all great suggesting that the “small group of people” should be made more vulnerable because others want their freedom to get shit-faced in a place of their choosing, with whatever number of strangers, and without any level of restriction … but probably only if you don’t have a loved one in that position.

FYI, I’m not against people having fun.  I’m just asking that they do it safely and with proper regard for others.  

I think you misunderstand what the vaccine does. Kind of lost me at the 26% bit... it doesn't work like that. It's not works or doesn't. 

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

These papers as very hung up on self isolation at the moment, I bet there will be a double jabbed u-turn by the end of the week 

The isolation carrot is distracting them from the cases carrot... don't look a gift horse in the mouth 😄

22 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Personal responsibility for your own health and safety comes into play.

If you feel that vulnerable then its a fair enough suggestion that you should probably avoid crowded indoor spaces.  

I fundamentally disagree with your selfish view point.  Your health and well being is largely not my responsibility.  I should be able to largely do as I please.  You and others have to make your own choices on what level of risk you want to entertain.

We are taking personal responsibility.  And a large degree of social responsibility.  Caring for others rather than the more selfish point of view.

Other than that, I’m not biting.

37 minutes ago, mandolin said:

Trouble is “relatively” isn’t good enough when there is a 26% chance that the vaccine won’t work for you (using your figures).

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Where does that link mention 26% ?

39 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I hate to say it but they probably did the right thing stalling to let events cancel from a public health perspective. From a leadership perspective they should've just said no mass events this summer. I don't think gatherings will be lasting long! 

2 hours ago, mandolin said:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00075-X/fulltext

Don’t think it’s me that’s lacking the understanding.

I think it is. And you lack the understanding of your own posts.... you literally just said there is a 26% chance vaccines don't work....  and then posted a random article that disproves your claim..... 

Brilliant. Love it. Keep up the good work. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What is everyone most looking forward to?

Ordering a pint at the bar?

Not having to keep a 1m distance?

Meeting up with > 5 friends at a time? 

Going to the match. Dancing at the Star and Garter. Meeting up with friends legally. Shaking hands legally. Leaving Manchester Academy buzzing, soaked in sweat but cold coz it's November. 

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

I think it is. And you lack the understanding of your own posts.... you literally just said there is a 26% chance vaccines don't work....  and then posted a random article that disproves your claim..... 

Brilliant. Love it. Keep up the good work. 

The 26% was mentioned by Fuzzy Afro in his post which was quoted. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The 26% was mentioned by Fuzzy Afro in his post which was quoted. 

Really? Do I have to quote mandolin for you? She specifically said 26% 

Fuzzy was misunderstanding and then she just went even further from what I'm reading... 

Granted its late and I may be wrong but I dont think so.

Edited by Havors

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Really? Do I have to quote mandolin for you? She specifically said 26% 

Fuzzy was misunderstanding and then she just went even further from what I'm reading... 

Granted its late and I may be wrong but I dont think so.

Fuzzy Afro said about the vaccines working at 74% (I’m surmising) then Mandolin mentioned the 26% in response using the phrase ‘in your own words’.

5 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Saw on Twitter a company was doing Red (stay the fuck away), Amber (a nice sensible handshake, maybe just a nod of the head), Green (potential HR nightmare) lanyards for their staff

8 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Ordering a pint at the bar?

Not having to keep a 1m distance?

Meeting up with > 5 friends at a time? 

Live music, festival and gigs as I've missed them so much. Went to the Download Pilot so had a fix last month but have something booked almost every weekend in August until the end of September. 

Also, not having to book every restaurant and pub/bar in advance, what a mood killer that is. 

9 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I'm not really looking forward to anything. I can go to the pub when I want. There's live music on in my local venue, albeit I have to sit down. I can go to the office at work as and when I want. Everyone, and I mean everyone, I know is hugging and shaking hands.

I'm not bothered about nightclubs and dancing, so apart from Glastonbury, not sure what else there is.

7 hours ago, Havors said:

Is that attended with officially or attended with the hundreds that stormed the ground and the thousands they mixed with outside the ground? Haha hard to tell 

Yeah I don't quite get this argument. On your point there were loads of people at Wembley who were ticketless but other events such as festivals are hardly going to get stormed, for example you don't get 100,000 people waiting in Glastonbury Town on the off chance of breaking in to the festival. Yes there are risks for mass gatherings but most other planned events are fully outside where transmission is lower and probably wouldn't get as rowdy, for example I'm yet to hear of any infections from Wimbledon. 

43 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah I don't quite get this argument. On your point there were loads of people at Wembley who were ticketless but other events such as festivals are hardly going to get stormed, for example you don't get 100,000 people waiting in Glastonbury Town on the off chance of breaking in to the festival. Yes there are risks for mass gatherings but most other planned events are fully outside where transmission is lower and probably wouldn't get as rowdy, for example I'm yet to hear of any infections from Wimbledon. 

I would guess the cases linked to the football have to be because of the madness that went on around the game not actually because people where at a football match. That part was controlled supposedly. 

When the prem kicks off again I would be very confident those matches will be pretty safe as you won't have 10s or 100s of thousands all on a mad one in the streets throwing drinks over each other and slobbering all over each other...... I hope ha 

37 minutes ago, Havors said:

I would guess the cases linked to the football have to be because of the madness that went on around the game not actually because people where at a football match. That part was controlled supposedly. 

When the prem kicks off again I would be very confident those matches will be pretty safe as you won't have 10s or 100s of thousands all on a mad one in the streets throwing drinks over each other and slobbering all over each other...... I hope ha 

It has the potential to be the end of the lower leagues if they can't operate as normal again.