When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What’s stopping Chris from saying how he really feels?

My prediction is he doesn’t want to the guy that says we can’t save everyone. Just like the flu, even with all the medicine in the world and vaccines available we average about 200-300 deaths a week for it. I think he knows that there’s only so much that can be done.

Maybe he wants to hang around and save as many lives as he can ? If he goes too honest Boris dispenses with his services ? 

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I get the impression from those comments that he's not too keen on us relaxing all restrictions after seeing the most current data and this is he why of trying to say something without explicitly saying it.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe he wants to hang around and save as many lives as he can ? If he goes too honest Boris dispenses with his services ? 

Nah, he won’t get rid of him! Even the most stupid general public will realise something’s up if witty ends up on indy sage!

17 hours ago, mcshed said:

As I said after the Waterstones announcement I suspect virtually everywhere will have signs asking you to "please wear a face covering" how strictly people take that is yet to be seen.

Looks like we're (YHA) going down the route of staff wearing them and guests requested to. We're getting rid of some ways we've operated and keeping others. Some of the ones we've kept are going to cause issues (nothing major, but will piss some people off now they aren't backed up by being 'official'). Will be interesting to see what happens now with different people's reactions/behaviour. It'll be like a live test of some of the differing views in this thread. Although if you are still pretty worried/cautious the maybe a 250 bed youth hostel isn't the place for you right now

Edited by philipsteak
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I get the impression from those comments that he's not too keen on us relaxing all restrictions after seeing the most current data and this is he why of trying to say something without explicitly saying it.

He's worried about hospitals being overwhelmed. Of course we'll have to live with a certain amount of deaths from it, can't get rid of the thing now, but health services need to be able to manage.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

So if someone doesn't want to wear a mask what happens? Is it a request or a mandate in reality?

At the moment I don't know, I'm on my days off. Will get more detail when I'm back in. The all staff email from the ceo said something like 'strongly encouraged'. Whether that goes beyond a strongly worded sign I have no idea yet. 

Hospitality only got the new guidelines late on Wednesday night. Which was helpful. A lot of planning would have been done based on what was expected but still... 

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So if someone doesn't want to wear a mask what happens? Is it a request or a mandate in reality?

This is the policy we have at my escape room business. We allow people to take them off once they begin their game and the hosts have left the room.

If someone doesn’t want to wear one… then they don’t get to come in.

“We are delighted that the UK's Covid vaccination drive has been so effective. However, at this stage not all of our staff have received full protection.

To ensure both their safety and the safety of visitors in this time of transition, we request that all guests continue to wear a mask or face covering whilst in the presence of our hosts.

Adhering to this rule will be a condition of entry and if you do not arrive with a mask, one will be provided for you. If you have any questions about this or your booking please get in touch”

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

The wife and I are trying to find a cat dealer so we can get stoned off cats, all the cat dealers we can find are out of cats anyone know any cat dealers in the south west.

Cats Protection usually have kittens and cats for re-homing?  Or RSPCA? I got my trio from CP. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So we are not respecting personal choice as the PM said we would a few weeks ago.  So what's the point in the future we do I suppose is the next question?  

There are no more points for goverment really to change things now and business will always default to the guidance.

My customers have a choice. The choice is to follow the rules I’ve put in place to minimise risk of transmission to my staff…. or don’t come 😀

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

they're all out of cats round here.... and the wife doesn't think she can cope with a cat and a husband at the moment.

It’s kitten season so probably find more around in August/September available when they get to 12 weeks? 
Hope you are recovering at home ok. Here’s a picture of my cats to keep you going 😀

7C1177A6-7E84-4E6F-A71F-095E72502887.jpeg

DB9D2F71-EE23-4FB4-A4E7-57204A723B57.jpeg

Just now, sedra said:

It’s kitten season so probably find more around in August/September available when they get to 12 weeks? 
Hope you are recovering at home ok. Here’s a picture of my cats to keep you going 😀

7C1177A6-7E84-4E6F-A71F-095E72502887.jpeg

DB9D2F71-EE23-4FB4-A4E7-57204A723B57.jpeg

thanks for cat pics theres a whole inter web full of them  just got to get the wife ready for dealing with a cat as well as a husband.

We will be back at 100k plus cases by end of next week.

This is going to go tits up and quickly. Anyone who doesn't think restrictions are going to be in place by end of summer is having a laugh.

They've rushed this imo and should have waited. 

2 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

We will be back at 100k plus cases by end of next week.

This is going to go tits up and quickly. Anyone who doesn't think restrictions are going to be in place by end of summer is having a laugh.

They've rushed this imo and should have waited. 

Till what? Unless all kids are vaccinated then nothing changes. 

30 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

They should have finished the vaccine program and got more people over 20 double jabbed.

End of story.

An opinon is not the end of a story. 

Edited by Havors
  • Like 1