When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although to be fair, that was talking about after the restrictions were loosened, not with things as they are.

I'm pretty downbeat at the moment, I didn't think the  cases growth would be so strong at this point.

As I've said the cases rises brought about the the Euros won't be fully seen yet, they'll be seen just as we loosen the remaining restrictions. I don't think we are near the peak yet and I think cases will continue to grow for a little while sadly.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

As I've said the cases rises brought about the the Euros won't be fully seen yet, they'll be seen just as we loosen the remaining restrictions. I don't think we are near the peak yet and I think cases will continue to grow for a little while sadly.

It’s looking tentatively like the peak in Scotland has passed as daily cases have dropped slightly every day for the last few days.  Of course that’s not unexpected as Scotland got knocked out the Euros very early unlike England! 

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think a lot of people caught it or got pinged either for the quarter final or semi final. A lot of people I know had to watch the final at home. So hopefully we’ve seen the worst of the Euros effect. 

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

I think a lot of people caught it or got pinged either for the quarter final or semi final. A lot of people I know had to watch the final at home. So hopefully we’ve seen the worst of the Euros effect. 

It’s just some of the cases from the final I would imagine now .. but we may have already had a few days worth … so by Sunday I think they would have all filtered through …  unless they get passed on 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s looking tentatively like the peak in Scotland has passed as daily cases have dropped slightly every day for the last few days.  Of course that’s not unexpected as Scotland got knocked out the Euros very early unlike England! 

Oh yeah cases in Scotland have been falling for a few days now, the main driver of the growth is in England that's for sure. As the final was only 4 days ago we are another few days off really seeing the impact of that. Looking at the scenes from Sunday it looks like we could see quite a few cases off the back of that day.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s just some of the cases from the final I would imagine now .. but we may have already had a few days worth … so by Sunday I think they would have all filtered through …  unless they get passed on 

There will be cases from Sunday for sure, but I think the worst of the transmission would have been from the previous games. 
There was less to celebrate too so people would have been more inclined to go home rather than party into the night going from pub to pub spreading it to even more people. 

46 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I feel you. When trying to get my 8 yr old girl to take a test, it's been real hell for her.  In the end, we let her stick it up her nose herself, she was a little bit less afraid that way, but still hated it.

He is 10, but it was his first one and I think he was scared of it being positive (which is understandable) even though he knows it's not bad for children (as he reads a kids news paper The Week Junior, which is excellent, well worth the money, I'd highly recommend it). 

He was more upset that if he has got it he would miss his last last day with his teacher who is moving schools and he has had for two years and so would all his class mates.

Lots of kids are really aware of the consequences of what happens if they test positive and the implications for others. 

Its not a right nice experience as an adult doing it to yourself I imagine it's a lot less of a pleasant experience having someone else do it to you irrespective of age. 

While I'm not craving to be ill can't help but think it's just going to be better to get it over and done with once the second jab has charged up. 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

I thought it was 50k by Monday then could go as high as 100k after that ... I could be wrong.

As I say tho, Scotland is going down so no reason England won’t too 

1 hour ago, august1 said:

70,000 seemed to be the scenario based on the current rates a couple of weeks back, cases were going up slower so was always going to be too high

1 hour ago, BobWillis2 said:

Fairly sure I’ve seen it said cases would be 100k on/by the 19th

I read about Javid saying that cases could peak at 100k, didn't see the other stuff, so probably just missed it.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Uh oh... though it's unlikely IMO bojo will agree

No wonder people don't know what to believe - one minute its we need to learn to live with the virus, the next its saying we need to tighten regulations. One minute we're told how brilliant the vaccine rollout has been, the next they're saying we can't actually increase freedoms despite it.

I just wish they could be honest and say we don't know whats going to happen next, no one can. We can model our best predictions but even then it can't be perfect. There's enough uncertainty as there is so throwing out endless headline grabbing statements isn't going to help either 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Truly think if there’s another lockdown we may start seeing rioting. 

Nah, they're making it abundantly clear they're going to fudge future stuff like they're doing with these current restrictions: just strangle certain businesses and pass the buck around rather than locking down. As long as the British public can get a pint somewhere, somehow, then they're not arsed enough to riot.

What’s stopping Chris from saying how he really feels?

My prediction is he doesn’t want to the guy that says we can’t save everyone. Just like the flu, even with all the medicine in the world and vaccines available we average about 200-300 deaths a week for it. I think he knows that there’s only so much that can be done.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What’s stopping Chris from saying how he really feels?

My prediction is he doesn’t want to the guy that says we can’t save everyone. Just like the flu, even with all the medicine in the world and vaccines available we average about 200-300 deaths a week for it. I think he knows that there’s only so much that can be done.

He already said as much months ago