When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I honestly think the only way to open up "irreversibly" is to do this 

But to only make it vaccine proof - self reporting tests won't work. Still would on principle never use vaccine only proof but most would and I think its the only way 

There needs to be some ending point though. Can't have that forever. 

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Pub near me is officially going to use Covid passports, I do wonder if they'll all eventually be forced into doing it 

I just don't see how. Most of the ones near me are staffed by poorly paid people under 30, overworked at the best of times, aren't paid enough or have time to have to have discussions with punters about passport status or chuck people out because they don't have one. It just doesn't seem realistic at all.

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Pub near me is officially going to use Covid passports, I do wonder if they'll all eventually be forced into doing it 

Cracking pub that, the Murderers, I have spent many a cracking night there, so my mates tell me! One of the best in Norridge

Just now, jannybruck said:

I just don't see how. Most of the ones near me are staffed by poorly paid people under 30, overworked at the best of times, aren't paid enough or have time to have to have discussions with punters about passport status or chuck people out because they don't have one. It just doesn't seem realistic at all.

door staff just ask ... like they would for ID for underage ? they dont need to chuck people out if they dont let them in to start with ... word soon gets out .... for some places of course it wouldn't be practical having someone on the door all day 

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Fairplay, I think. Here clubs with indoor gigs only for the fully vaccinated from now on (because of Delta). Problem will be who controls this as it did`t work in many fields until now. But yeah, if it works there will be an old audience for clubs from now on.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

door staff just ask ... like they would for ID for underage ? they dont need to chuck people out if they dont let them in to start with ... word soon gets out .... for some places of course it wouldn't be practical having someone on the door all day 

Only the busiest city centre pubs really have doormen, and that's usually at the weekend. Giving the 'one young person manning the bar during the daytime' the responsibility to check passports of everyone who walks into the space, and put up with punters looking for an argument, just seems unrealistic.

I think of all my friends in their 20s/30s working in hospitality and not a single one of them would want to be arsed with the potential hassle and abuse. It just seems like a non-starter to me.

Edited by jannybruck

Just now, jannybruck said:

Only the busiest city centre pubs really have doormen, and that's usually at the weekend. Giving the 'one young person manning the bar during the daytime' the responsibility to check passports of everyone who walks into the space, and put up with punters looking for an argument, just seems unrealistic.

I think of all my friends in their 30s working in hospitality and not a single one of them would want to be arsed with the potential hassle and abuse. It just seems like a non-starter to me.

yeah true ... thats kind of what I was meaning .... if someone asked me to do that in my job id tell them where to go ... I get enough shit as im sure those working in hospitality do to .... its a door job or nothing 

12 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

There needs to be some ending point though. Can't have that forever. 

Oh absolutely and that could even only be a few months - I'm still against it at all but this halfway house isn't going to work. Businesses need certainty and this mad attempt at a full reopening is giving the opposite. It's just a road to harsher restrictions.

Its also not workable i know, as people have said above. They'll have to find a way though before winter, so why not do it now? Maybe with a caveat of allowing 1 dose and test under whatever age should be reasonably able to have had one just for fairness. 

We're just heading into the worst of all worlds now 

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I think of all my friends in their 20s/30s working in hospitality and not a single one of them would want to be arsed with the potential hassle and abuse. It just seems like a non-starter to me.

They will just impose the ability to revoke licences from venues not playing by the rules when the LA Covid Cops turn up I'd have thought.

They said cases could get as high as 100k did they not and by all i defo saw 50k per day mooted a few times before opening. Now that is actually materialises everyone starts to lose their head. I don’t get it, they said this would happen. I don’t see how it can be used to justify delaying again.

That said, I hope the peak is soon. I reckon it is based on Scotland.

22 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's not the 19th yet. He might have a get out if tomorrow's numbers are mental like we'd expect 

I really can't see that happening, for one it would be a completely disaster and so unfair on businesses that have prepped for the 19th.

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I know this feeling 😞. Its fucking shite what we are subjecting our children too and the things they have lost and continue to lose 😞

He actually said in his upset state he would rather I injected him with Covid. I think he meant the vaccine but you know.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

They said cases could get as high as 100k did they not and by all i defo saw 50k per day mooted a few times before opening. Now that is actually materialises everyone starts to lose their head. I don’t get it, they said this would happen. I don’t see how it can be used to justify delaying again.

That said, I hope the peak is soon. I reckon it is based on Scotland.

Although to be fair, that was talking about after the restrictions were loosened, not with things as they are.

I'm pretty downbeat at the moment, I didn't think the  cases growth would be so strong at this point.

1 hour ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Final school night of the year - first lateral flow test on the boy. 

Tears, panic, worry, distress, makes me feel like an arsehole, raised voices, words with the Mrs and a burnt tea. 

Least the test is negative (although god knows if we got enough swabbing done). 

I feel you. When trying to get my 8 yr old girl to take a test, it's been real hell for her.  In the end, we let her stick it up her nose herself, she was a little bit less afraid that way, but still hated it.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although to be fair, that was talking about after the restrictions were loosened, not with things as they are.

I'm pretty downbeat at the moment, I didn't think the  cases growth would be so strong at this point.

Fairly sure I’ve seen it said cases would be 100k on/by the 19th

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I thought it was 50k by Monday then could go as high as 100k after that ... I could be wrong.

As I say tho, Scotland is going down so no reason England won’t too 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

I thought it was 50k by Monday then could go as high as 100k after that ... I could be wrong.

As I say tho, Scotland is going down so no reason England won’t too 

Yep 👍 that’s what one of the ministers said … forgotten which one