When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

The concept this political lobby aren't an issue is for the birds.

maybe just maybe it works in both directions ? and the virus is the thing that ultimately dictates ..... lets see what happens in Europe .... will they reimpose restrictions ... Holland already has ... so has Israel ... 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Covid unlocking risk for pregnant women, say doctors https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57840159

In that video, the Dr that is speaking from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists actually says the words ‘…because we don’t think that the vaccine actually crosses the placenta and affects the baby’. 
Hardly fills anybody who is hesitant in that position with any confidence does it.  

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they said in last press briefing thingy that there would be a review in September. We'll just have to see where we are by then. It's a big real world experiment.

The last I heard is the review will be in Early September - I guess to get it out the way before the Party Conference season.

Though having a review into what we might ned to do i Autumn and Winter when we are already in Autumn is a bit daft. They have the whole summer to do it but will probably all be too busy hiding in fridges.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The last I heard is the review will be in Early September - I guess to get it out the way before the Party Conference season.

Though having a review into what we might ned to do i Autumn and Winter when we are already in Autumn is a bit daft. They have the whole summer to do it but will probably all be too busy hiding in fridges.

I guess we will hopefully have passed through this wave by then and will have more data to see  if need more restrictions like wfh and masks going into the autumn/winter. They should really plan now for schools, unis and other public places, if need better ventilation or whatever.

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

maybe just maybe it works in both directions ? and the virus is the thing that ultimately dictates ..... lets see what happens in Europe .... will they reimpose restrictions ... Holland already has ... so has Israel ... 

an interesting question between the politics from Germany and ours is who has the responsibility - the individual or the state. Should the state work with restrictions or is it up to the individual - should someone bear the same restrictions when he is double jabbed as others who don`t want to be jabbed. As there is the main problem in many places in Europe that they have now reached the point where it gets harder to find people who want the get vaccinated. So the vaccination speed is going down as the delta becomes more prevalent. Today our government talks about tightening of measures - and the first two victims are not that hard to find - travel and clubs/gigs/nightlife/entertainment industry.

Just now, Hannibal Schmitt said:

an interesting question between the politics from Germany and ours is who has the responsibility - the individual or the state. Should the state work with restrictions or is it up to the individual - should someone bear the same restrictions when he is double jabbed as others who don`t want to be jabbed. As there is the main problem in many places in Europe that they have now reached the point where it gets harder to find people who want the get vaccinated. So the vaccination speed is going down as the delta becomes more prevalent. Today our government talks about tightening of measures - and the first two victims are not that hard to find - travel and clubs/gigs/nightlife/entertainment industry.

do you independent sage also have jobs in these countries ?  😀

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess we will hopefully have passed through this wave by then and will have more data to see  if need more restrictions like wfh and masks going into the autumn/winter. They should really plan now for schools, unis and other public places, if need better ventilation or whatever.

Planning would certainly be a sensible idea - sadly looking at the governments planning skills so far I fear there will be little or nothing planned until it is too late

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Planning would certainly be a sensible idea - sadly looking at the governments planning skills so far I fear there will be little or nothing planned until it is too late

or we could issue the vulnerable and extremely vulnerable better masks like they have elsewhere ? surely that cost is lower than an overwhelmed NHS ? 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

or we could issue the vulnerable and extremely vulnerable better masks like they have elsewhere ? surely that cost is lower than an overwhelmed NHS ? 

That would have been a good idea ages ago - but again would be part of making  a plan.

Our governments plans seem to stop at getting a decent easy to remember headline.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you independent sage also have jobs in these countries ?  😀

here they are called journalists 

(in one of our biggest newspaper we have this German Guy Peter Nonnenmacher, who lives in London and always writes about independent Sage and Pagel if they are omniscient, but mainly only out of the reason he hates the UK government)

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

May be an image of text that says "We're one dickhead away from disaster. நT 1.5m KEEP 5METRES DISTANCE TIMES. REGULARLYD REGULARLY WASH SOCIAL ALL YOUR 20 SECONDS. FOR SICK. OME TESTED WEAR YOUR MASK PRONE NOSE COVERED, Don't be that dickhead."

The problem is we already have the Dickhead in Chief leading the shit show.

If theres one thing the last 16/17 months has taught me is that the general population of the country is full of a hell of a lot of thick dickheads.

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Still really boggles my mind that they didn't just 'encourage' WFH until the end of this year and look to review it at the start of 2022, along with masks.

1 minute ago, MrBarry465 said:

Still really boggles my mind that they didn't just 'encourage' WFH until the end of this year and look to review it at the start of 2022, along with masks.

The issue is that it’s hard for them to sell the ‘business as usual’ message if masks are visible as part of daily life. It’s clear they want to try and pretend this is all over, and crack on with Brexit trade negotiations and try to rebuild the economy. 

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

The issue is that it’s hard for them to sell the ‘business as usual’ message if masks are visible as part of daily life. It’s clear they want to try and pretend this is all over, and crack on with Brexit trade negotiations and try to rebuild the economy. 

Ah yes the old 'lets pretend' game, which conservatives have historically loved to do. 'Let's pretend humans are fucking up the environment and maybe it will get better?'

I seriously cannot stand conservative thinking and there approach to resolving issues and rug sweeping.

Edited by MrBarry465

Just now, Barry Fish said:

No they have good honest scientists and health experts in official roles doing a lot of good work just like here.  These people are making similar judgements.

My dislike for indy sage is they are political lobbying group masquerading as public health experts pushing the most negative and anti-government message possible which both influences and scares the public.  Regardless of what the government does they would say it's not enough.

Maybe its your dislike for the Tories that doesn't let you see and understand this so you give them a free pass ?

The reality is the government have enough scientific input from SAGE and if these people where of any value they would be sitting on SAGE and not on Sky News and lording how many tv appearances they did this week. 

No I can see that there are many lobby ing the govt from all directions but ultimately the virus dictates the decision made …