When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

49 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

They could always just get the vaccine...  Seriously don't get the fear...  The vaccines work.

I don't think this is primarily coming from anti-vaxxers. Indeed, most anti-vaxxers have been against restrictions all along. It's from people that are vaccinated, or partly vaccinated, and for any host of reasons are still worried. 

What's confusing me is the same people who are saying that we have to trust the vaccine and "if not now, when" are the same ones talking about a "peak" after which cases will start to drop because cases can't go up indefinitely.

Feels like one answers the other to me "if not now, when?" "after the peak".

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Stop moaning and put your mask on!   

Its funny how the first sign of a mask mandate and your start to moan after months of having a go at me for not liking them...

It’s not the “first sign of a mask mandate”. Masks on public transport and in certain shops have been mandated for months now. I have no problem with that - it seems sensible and proportionate. But when a tiny number of cases pop up nowhere near most people, it quickly becomes overkill to insist that everyone should now wear masks everywhere.

17 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I don't think this is primarily coming from anti-vaxxers. Indeed, most anti-vaxxers have been against restrictions all along. It's from people that are vaccinated, or partly vaccinated, and for any host of reasons are still worried. 

What's confusing me is the same people who are saying that we have to trust the vaccine and "if not now, when" are the same ones talking about a "peak" after which cases will start to drop because cases can't go up indefinitely.

Feels like one answers the other to me "if not now, when?" "after the peak".

Yeah I've never seen any of the conspiracy type people ever ask for restrictions to protect them, like you say they're fully anti restrictions. This is definitely coming from those who are worried despite being vaccinated, with a small few younger who think it's unfair to open before they've had their second. I kind of sympathise with that one but statistics are on their side even if they'd had zero vaccines. Getting ill (but not bad enough to need hospital) is part of life but I think we've forgotten this collectively! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

45 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

My brother in law who is a A&E nurse gets extremely fucking annoyed at these headlines.  He says its true everyone is fucking knackered but he says he doesn't know where the distressed bit comes in.  He is pretty blunt says its his job - its what he is trained to do and he has always been 100% working his arse off anyway.

He of course only speaks for himself and the colleagues he works directly with.  But I can't help but think there is a major oversaction in some of these headlines.

And my best mate who is a doctor at the NHS says everyone is somewhat stressed and concerned about the months ahead.

Honestly mate, your use of (somehow you have about 10 family members all in the NHS....) personal anecdotes are not a reflection of the broader picture.

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

The righteous lockdown crew are on form tonight.

Nobody is righeous, but I just think it's disengenuous to use personal anecdotes like that and spin it as a way of telling the broader picture.

FWIW I am not doubting your family members view, I'm just saying that there are also a lot of other people in the NHS who might say different.....

Edited by MrBarry465

The victimhood complex is alive and well, I see. Bloke who posts his opinions in this thread multiple times daily complains he has “no space to express” any. Reminds me of this. 

Edited by kalifire

14 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

And my best mate who is a doctor at the NHS says everyone is somewhat stressed and concerned about the months ahead.

Honestly mate, your use of (somehow you have about 10 family members all in the NHS....) personal anecdotes are not a reflection of the broader picture.

Both my sister in laws are Doctors in the NHS. One a consultant Paediactic surgeon and the other a GP.

They are both exhausted, demoralised, fed up but working hard..................................... general moral is lower than ever

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Both my sister in laws are Doctors in the NHS. One a consultant Paediactic surgeon and the other a GP.

They are both exhausted, demoralised, fed up but working hard..................................... general moral is lower than ever

I don't blame them, they all deserve massive fucking pay rises.

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

I don't blame them, they all deserve massive fucking pay rises.

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Finally something we agree on.

Absolutely - and have you noticed how the pay review body decision that was due in May, then mid June, then late June, then before the 30th June is still not out.

Almost like someone is holding things up on purpose.

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

It's a perfect storm really after the Euros Final on Sunday then a week later full relaxation of restrictions allowing that virus to be passed around further. I do wonder if they regret stating the last step would be a full relaxation?

Because it wouldn’t be the last step would it? 😆😆